Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

Can you list down your rotation? and the minutes you're giving them?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    IMO that's why you trade players around.
    But I like my team, I don't just trade away half my team. That's unrealistic. You obviously haven't understood anything I've been saying.

Can you list down your rotation? and the minutes you're giving them?
    I'm doing manual rotations. I make my own substitutions whilst playing the game.
    Makes the game much more realistic.

3-time NBA All-Star

IMO that's why you trade players around.
    I don't think you're reading/understanding what he's saying. He turns off player roles so there isn't a set amount of minutes given to each player.

He takes over the role of coach in terms of making manual substitutions....

If his star is hot or is needed due to game circumstance, he plays him 44 minutes instead of the 36-38 that auto-subs would dictate given his player role.

If a particular role player is beasting by getting hot behind the arc, or is necessary due to his defense or whatever, he'll play him more than the 8 that is generally allotted given his role.

You would just suggest that if a role player has a bad game, he should just be traded... instead of just being subbed in by another player that maybe isn't scheduled to play as many minutes because of his set role???

3-time NBA All-Star

I can tell you're a noobie at this, NO OFFENSE

....Welcome to Association Mode....
    You call him a noobie for wanting to up the realism of his association, while you trade away 3/4 of your team for big names, and then make fake/forced trades like Robin Lopez + Lottery picks for Anthony Davis?? Please.

I tried to trade DeMarcus Cousins (94) plus 2 guaranteed Top-6 picks for Anthony Davis, and it didn't go through.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    You call him a noobie for wanting to up the realism of his association, while you trade away 3/4 of your team for big names, and then make fake/forced trades like Robin Lopez + Lottery picks for Anthony Davis?? Please.

I tried to trade DeMarcus Cousins (94) plus 2 guaranteed Top-6 picks for Anthony Davis, and it didn't go through.
    Hold up!!

I didnt have FORCE TRADE while playing the Celtics ... I had it ON for the Lakers. If I wrote before that I had it on for the Celtics ... I meant Lakers.

And I had 1st picks from other lottery teams, I don't know which one cuz i traded Jason Terry & Courtney Lee for a filler and Lottery Pick ... and If I dont remember correctly ... I really think I signed a Free agent before that trade went down.

And then I traded Robin Lopez + picks (Rated 85) for Anthony Davis (Rated 89)

And dude .. I had like a lot of vets signed to my team every year cuz they want to play for my team cuz I just won a ring. I know I had RIP HAMILTON + other guy, traded for Shannon Brown and Wesley Johnson ... I dont even remember anymore. lol

You can find trades that can actually benefit you from the trade finder. You can trade 2 70+ players for an 80+ and trade that 80+ for another 80+. That actually happened to me before.
    LOL
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I don't think you're reading/understanding what he's saying. He turns off player roles so there isn't a set amount of minutes given to each player.

He takes over the role of coach in terms of making manual substitutions....

If his star is hot or is needed due to game circumstance, he plays him 44 minutes instead of the 36-38 that auto-subs would dictate given his player role.

If a particular role player is beasting by getting hot behind the arc, or is necessary due to his defense or whatever, he'll play him more than the 8 that is generally allotted given his role.

You would just suggest that if a role player has a bad game, he should just be traded... instead of just being subbed in by another player that maybe isn't scheduled to play as many minutes because of his set role???
    Okay, thank you.
    Now I get it. Jeez ...

Home of the 16

I think it's the year 2018 or 2019

1- Rondo
    2 - Trevor Ariza/Joe Johnson
    3 - Kevin Durant
    4 - Blake Girffin
    5 - Anthony Davis

First of all ... I traded Melo w/ picks for Durant.

And yeah, I got FATIGUE OFF. In real life players are always somewhat fresh when they play. So yeah, that explains the Rating boost ... I set practices, EVERYDAY except for Sunday *FAMILY TIME* LOL

And yeah ... THIS IS GETTING BORING. I'm gonna start with a different team and start all over. Prolly start with Minny and trade Kevin Love for Ray Allen? Rubio for Ed Davis? I don't like Ruvio so he has got to go.
    Have Hedo for 3 ... Fisher for ... Lamar for 4 ... Ed Davis or whoever for 5?

Hopefully ill find a way to make that roster happen. Last time I played Ray Allen only played for the next 2 seasons and retired. So hopefully I'll find a way.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Turning off player roles is cheating IMO. But in the end, whatever makes the game more fun for you. I enjoy the challenge of building a team that realistically requires roleplayers and bench players. Without player roles turned on, I can build a super-team relatively easy.

And turning on trade override is cheating as well IMO. Again, to each his own though.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Turning off player roles is cheating IMO. But in the end, whatever makes the game more fun for you. I enjoy the challenge of building a team that realistically requires roleplayers and bench players. Without player roles turned on, I can build a super-team relatively easy.
    I don't cheese it though, I try and make the most realistic game possible and turning the option off really helps with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    I don't cheese it though, I try and make the most realistic game possible and turning the option off really helps with that.
    I think that player roles only make association less realistic, especially when you build a nice team. I gave up on player roles back when I played 2k8. I'm big on realism and only play offline association. Rookies and sophmores, who in real life play limited minutes, complaining about wanting more minutes and having their ratings drop and all . So as a player, with subs on manual of course, you have to sub in guys just to keep them happy. You have to sub purely for the sake of keeping guys satisified, which is not the goal of the game as I see it and not realistic at all. I want to use rotations that seem realistic compared to real games and not rotations that I have to play to prevent my team's rating to drop...

Banned

Good to see they haven't fixed the bugs from last years game. When I sign free agents mid season occasionally they sign for say 2mill a year, once their on my roster though they are listed as $0 a season and their contracts expired. Used to do this all the time last year too.
    New bug i've found is I'll sign someone as a role player/sixth man then they immediately get angry about not being a starter when they haven't even played a game yet. The used to be happy in the role that they signed up for and only get angry if they've been in it for awhile or you de mote them.

Anyway my association with the cavs is currently

Irving/E'twaun Moore
    Waiters/Von Wafer
    Gee/Teletovic
    Zach Randoph/Al Harrington
    Roy Hibbert/Tyler Zeller

Line up kills it but Randolph's hogging my cap space. E'twaun moore is a beast in 2013 in this game. I did have Gary Neal and Sjax but had to trade them because they were immediately asking for trades for being role players even though they signed on for that /facepalm
    Last edited by outbreak; 11-11-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Good to see they haven't fixed the bugs from last years game. When I sign free agents mid season occasionally they sign for say 2mill a year, once their on my roster though they are listed as $0 a season and their contracts expired. Used to do this all the time last year too.
    New bug i've found is I'll sign someone as a role player/sixth man then they immediately get angry about not being a starter when they haven't even played a game yet. The used to be happy in the role that they signed up for and only get angry if they've been in it for awhile or you de mote them.

Anyway my association with the cavs is currently

Irving/E'twaun Moore
    Waiters/Von Wafer
    Gee/Teletovic
    Zach Randoph/Al Harrington
    Roy Hibbert/Tyler Zeller

Line up kills it but Randolph's hogging my cap space. E'twaun moore is a beast in 2013 in this game. I did have Gary Neal and Sjax but had to trade them because they were immediately asking for trades for being role players even though they signed on for that /facepalm
    The contract bug I've actually used to my advantage before. I would sign someone for a few million, then it shows as expired I just edit the player and give them the minimum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    The contract bug I've actually used to my advantage before. I would sign someone for a few million, then it shows as expired I just edit the player and give them the minimum.
    There's a temptation to do that but I'm trying to play realistically. If your doing that you may as well just edit a scrub to be 99 and trade him for KD.