Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Banned

Default Re: Kyrie's take on Bill Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Trust me kid, you have much more to learn about grammar which in turn makes it hard to take you seriously when talking about how knowledgeable you are about basketball.

Basketball and Grammer?

Nerd mad?

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Fyi, Uncle Drew has been playing basketball since Bill Simmons was in diapers.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - You are way off on your silly tangent...

- Ask an anthropologists about a certain tribes history (ones that he studied) and he may give you some great answers.....

But ask him how to live in the Jungle.....survive off the land......get water.....hunt?.....who's advice would you want?...

someone from the tribe who's been living in the jungle thier whole life....or an anthropologists who lived in the jungle maybe 2 weeks.

- Players are the ones Playing the game...they know what works....they know to attack 1' away from the defenders reach or 2'...they know how the game's soul and how it's bieng played at that time....

- No way someone who barely plays basketball and just watches knows more then those who spent thier whole lives playing......they might know the history and can resite certain plays....but they

- The tribes men know how to live and thrive off the Land....not an anthropologists...Kobe knows how to play basketball at a level 2nd to no one....and thrive on a basketball court......not Bill Simmons.

.....@U......taking advice how to swim from someone who never been in the water......but watched Michael Phelps once on TV.

You are making my point for me. A primitive tribesmen (like an nba player) does have valuable information on their own small circle. But on a whole they have quite clear tunnel vision and outright false views of how the world they live in works.

Hey Chief, Why aren't the crops growing? Chief - "We didn't pray to the rain god enough."

Hey Jordan, Where does Kobe rank all time? Jordan - " For guards, He's probably top 10."

Math has proven that being "On Fire" is a myth, and that having one guy going iso on the last possession to win the game is one of the lowest % shots you can have but Players still "feed the hot hand" and in a tie game with the shot clock off Every team just has their best player go one on one for a win. Despite all of the evidence to the contrary, Nearly ALL players buy into these ideas. You're a big Kobe fan, I suppose you reluctantly agree with him when when he says Jerry west is the best Laker of all time? No, of course you don't.

Have you ever watched the news when someone gets charged with murder and they interview the mother..."Oh no, not my boy. He's so sweet and he would never hurt anyone. You don't know him like I do." then a few months later, Convicted of murder in the first degree.

The obliviousness of players gets even more ridiculous when they are dealing with criticism. They (like most people) just can't come to terms with the fact that they might be screwing up and some of the dumbest things come out of their mouth.

It all depends on the questions you have. If you want to know the best way to defend OJ Mayo, you should probably ask another western conference shooting guard, if you want to know why the hell the Blazers haven't benched JJ Hickson so they can have some scoring off the bench. Probably the worst person to ask would be Hickson.

Don't put yourself in the position of having to defend what Nba players say. Especially when so many of them can't tell their ass from a hole in the wall.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Oh and I can't believe I missed it

The tribes men know how to live and thrive off the Land....not an anthropologists...Kobe knows how to play basketball at a level 2nd to no one....and thrive on a basketball court......not Bill Simmons.
    Hey Kobe! What's your opinion on shooting contested 3's over double teams?

Kobe: Take at least 5 a game and you'll be in good shape

Seriously though, Kobe is great and I've seen interviews with him where he actually does have really good advice, not to knock him, but he is the perfect example of someone who has the most hilariously retarded answers when he's trying to defend his litany of boneheaded plays.