Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Only three more days until the greatest video game tournament begins, again.
    Alot of people already have the game,doing my best to not see the spoilers and such.

No Xbox exclusives...weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Alot of people already have the game,doing my best to not see the spoilers and such.

No Xbox exclusives...weak.
    Yeah, there always are people who get games early. I saw MK9 in stock already at a local shop over here. I already have my Kollectors Edition pre-order payed off at gamestop, so I can just wait until 12AM on the 19th. I really like experiencing the buzz at the midnight release also.

As for no exclusives, I just want the game. PS3 can have Kratos and his arena, I don't give one shit about him anyway. Never been one to really care if my favorite games come with exclusive content and such. Not getting the demo for the 360 sucked, but I have a Ps3 too, so I get to play it anyway.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 04-16-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Yeah, there always are people who get games early. I saw some in stock already at a local shop over here. I already have my Kollectors Edition pre-order payed off at gamestop, so I can just wait until 12AM on the 19th. I really like experiencing the mid-night release buzz also.
    Iam gonna have to wait for tuesday morning since i ordered from amazon besides i dont think my town has midnight launch for gamestop.

counting down the days......

Iam gonna have to wait for tuesday morning since i ordered from amazon besides i dont think my town has midnight launch for gamestop.

counting down the days......
    It's worth the wait for that classic Reptile uni. That's the one I really wanted, but I can't pass up a mid-night release. I'm surprised the Gamestop by you isn't doing a mid-night release. They even have trade-in specials for pre-order towards MK nation-wide.

I can't wait to see the mini-statue that comes in the Kollectors Edition. It looks amazing. I also bought the Kollectors Guide from Amazon on sale, so that will be here in the morning since I did the free Amazon Prime trial. Amazon ftw.

It's worth the wait for that classic Reptile uni. That's the one I really wanted, but I can't pass up a mid-night release. I'm surprised the Gamestop by you isn't doing a mid-night release. They even have trade-in specials for pre-order towards MK nation-wide.

I can't wait to see the mini-statue that comes in the Kollectors Edition. It looks amazing. I also bought the Kollectors Guide from Amazon on sale, so that will be here in the morning since I did the free Amazon Prime trial. Amazon ftw.
    What is that?Also the credit card thing iam very dumb about how stuff like that works.

What is that?Also the credit card thing iam very dumb about how stuff like that works.
    Amazon Prime is unlimited two day delivery for $79 a year. Also, pre-ordered items will arrive on release day. If you buy from Amazon a lot, I'd imagine it's way worth it in the long run. I just signed up for the free 30 day trial, if I don't cancel before(which I will) my card will be charged for the year.

With the free shipping and the sale price, I'm getting the Kollectors Guide for $20.21 on the dot. Great deal right there.

High School Starter

Amazon Prime is unlimited two day delivery for $79 a year. Also, pre-ordered items will arrive on release day. If you buy from Amazon a lot, I'd imagine it's way worth it in the long run. I just signed up for the free 30 day trial, if I don't cancel before(which I will) my card will be charged for the year.

With the free shipping and the sale price, I'm getting the Kollectors Guide for $20.21 on the dot. Great deal right there.
    to add to that-if you're a college student and register for Amazon Student you get a free Amazon Prime membership for a year.

2 more days

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    2 more days
    Are you outside the US? Going to pick mine up at mid-night, can't wait!

Just got my Reptile code in my e-mail.Amazon says shipping soon.

Edit-Its been shipped!!! now i play the waiting game.
    Last edited by Brujesino; 04-18-2011 at 08:41 PM.

this game is doooope. i went to gamestop, and a bunch of high school kids were trying to play on expert and couldn't beat the first guy. after a while i couldn't take it anymore, so i strolled up there and knocked off half of the arcade on my first shot with scorpion. turned around after i lost and had a crowd watching me.

and shang tsung's fatality is god awful. it's a fatality from mk vs dc.
    Last edited by code green; 04-19-2011 at 01:21 AM.

The Kollectors Edition is worth every f*cking penny! I have my game installing to my harddrive right now. The bookend figurines look great and are really good quality. The art book is sweet. The packaging and the art is stunning. And I got the retro Ermac and Scorpion costumes. The Scorpion code for his suit and fatality was on the final receipt. I wasn't expecting an Ermac code though. Oh yeah, forgot about the Scorpion Suit and Netherrealm shirt code for the X-Box avatar included.

It's at 88%, so it's almost MK time. Hell yeah. Reviews ASAP.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 04-19-2011 at 01:52 AM.

The IGN guy with his trolling review got a shitload of critisism Only an 8/10.
    Other website are loving it though, with 1UP giving it a 91/100, Gametrailers giving it a 9.4/10 and g4tv basically giving it 5 out of 5 stars. Crazy.

Okay guys, I pretty much messed with everything just a little bit. And apologies for the mega long post. Hopefully I don't lose your interest.

First off, let me get this off my chest. This game is so much better than what I was expecting, and my expectations were very high. The fighting engine is so deep, as was promised. Every MK game I have picked up in the past decade has been relatively easy for me to learn quickly, but this game makes me feel like a noob. It's so new and fresh, the fatality are amazingly sick, the environments will take your breath, and the competition on Expert difficulty is HIGHLY competitive again.

The Krypt is very demented. This game is not meant for the frail of mind or anyone easily sickened by grusome images. The Krypt is huge and separated into diffent type of section. There you unlock stuff with coin you earn whenever you fight or complete challenges.

I've only played into the second chapter of the story mode, but all I have to say is, MK is definitely back in a big way.

And for the bad part, but definitely expected, the online is absolutely unplayable right now. Big time lag and other glitchy things, but that's usually the story for most big time releases for the first week.

There were over 100 people at the Gamestop midnight release, so I'm imagining this game is booming in sales and the servers are getting swamped quickly. The developers and WB promised a lot of support for this game, and I believe it after all the marketing they have done and work they put into this game.

If they can get the online up and running perfectly, I will safely be able to say that this is the best Mortal Kombat game, and the best fighting game of all time. Just my opinion, so if there's any SF fanboys around I mean no disrespect.

That's really all I have for now. No work tomorrow and nothing to do. I am probably staying up until 8 or 9 AM playing this. I can't wait to see peoples reaction. When you guys play it, drop a couple lines and let me know what you think.

I completely agree with Undisputed on this one. I've been playing Mortal Kombat for over 12 years (still have every single one minus that retarded special forces game), and this is without a doubt my favorite. The controls are fantastic, the graphics are stellar, and it really takes me back to my MK3 days. The only problem I have with it is that it's wayyyy too easy. Even on Expert Mode, I beat half of the arcade the first time I had ever played it on my first continue. You can totally tell who the MK noobs are and who has played it for a while...the duck and uppercut technique when an opponent jumps towards you is too easy to exploit, even the CPU doesn't defend against it like in the early days. Wiped the floor with everyone who played it at GameStop and my buddies who came to my house last night.

Haven't tried online mode yet, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.
    Last edited by code green; 04-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.