Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default Tyson's Blog:Back on the blog

Quote:
We started training camp on Saturday, so we've been going through that every day. Training camp is going well. We've got a great team, a great group.

My toe has been good. It was sore coming into training camp, because I hadn't been with the trainer. He loosened it up and all that good stuff, so it's all good. I'm able to go through all the basketball drills in practice.

I think we got a lot better this year. It's one thing on paper and seeing the guys that we brought in and the changes that we made. But now, being with the group in practice, and watching guys compete for positions and time, we've got some guys with some high character. And we've got a good chance to mesh and make a good splash. It's definitely amazing to me how fast guys are coming along.

Quote:
THE NEW ADDITIONS
James Posey is making a huge difference on our team, just his whole attitude and perspective. He knows what it takes to win a championship, obviously. He's won championships with two different teams, so he understands what it takes to get there. And now having him, when he's telling guys what we need to accomplish defensively, what we need to do and how we've gotta hold things down, it's really starting to make sense. And we're starting to bring the team together. It feels like it's a little closer.

He's one of those players that sometimes you don't care for, because he gives a guy on your team a shot. He does whatever it takes to win the game, and even though you can appreciate that, sometimes you might not like it if your teammate is getting the bad end of the stick.

It's funny. We were talking in the training room today. He was talking about if a guy is scoring and going off on him, they're both gonna be out of the game, because he's gonna put him down. At that point, the first thing that popped in my head was Kirk. I wanted to say something, but we're on the same side now. I guess it doesn't matter too much now. I like that attitude.

We've also got Devin Brown and Sean Marks, who are both huge for us. I think Sean's one of those guys who have gotta be in the right place at the right time. He's an extra big guy who can stretch the floor and knock down jumpshots, give me and D-West a breather, come in and play D and all that. And he's been huge for us in training camp.

So, those three new players have been big.

Link
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Default Re: Tyson's Blog:Back on the blog

Europe Live ... A Tale of Two Cities

What's up with the guy throwing coins at Tyson?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Witnessing History, Part II

Talks about the presidential election, fishing, missing his family and the first loss of the season.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Looking for a Rhythm, but Not Looking There

Talks about the Hornets slow start, fishing, advice from Eddy Curry, and the upcoming birth of his son.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: