Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: An image so moving and disturbing that it caused the photographer to commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    thats not the sole intent and any dolt can see that. Sure, its a consequence of the drawing day, but its not the intended purpose.
    It is when they draw him in ways to make him look like shit. The Muslim members here already stated they were offended, and they aren't extremists.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: An image so moving and disturbing that it caused the photographer to commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by mhg88
    It is when they draw him in ways to make him look like shit. The Muslim members here already stated they were offended, and they aren't extremists.
    sure, it offended them. I said it was offensive. But thats not the primary purpose of the day, its a consequence of it.

wow, used that image in my senior project, didnt know it back story. THnx!

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

brb killing myself

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i guess "moving and disturbing" is in the eye of the beholder.

personally, what makes me disturbed and sad is seeing the number of animals and habitats that continue to suffer badly at the hand of civilisation, all over the world.

i mean, we are in the middle of one of the greatest extinctions of biodiversity in the earth's history, during a time in which there are more human beings alive right now than have ever existed in previous history. and the numbers keep going up. as does our consumption of earth's resources.

so, yea... sorry for the hijack there. and although i have more sympathy for native peoples than i do for just about any other group of humans, the picture does not move me very much in all honesty. i've seen the roles reversed too many times, i guess...
    Well said and I agree, entirely.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So what is my reaction supposed to be to this picture, bud? Tears of sorrow? Suicide like the weak fool who snapped the photo?
    Wow what a douchebag

This is so... so sad. I look at this story and wonder if I would have said, "screw it" and just ignored the rules they had about not interfering just to help the kid out. Thats probably what got him deep down, thinking that he should have just done what was right by him. Its a shame

For The Visually Impaired

Banned

Meh, starvation happens. The world knows this. What my 14-year-old self didn't know is that you can get reamed by a horse and die. Thank you, internet.

That image will forever linger in the depths of what I called my adolescence, not some starving child.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Wow what a douchebag
    Would it make me more of a douchebag if I chuckled a little at the vulture eyeing that warm mound of nourishment?

Sad picture, but to kill yourself over? Common man, you could of lived to help people like that but instead you take the cowards way out. Get out of here, no respect for people who commit suicide.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    no respect for people who commit suicide.
    +1

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Would it make me more of a douchebag if I chuckled a little at the vulture eyeing that warm mound of nourishment?
    yes

Sexual Chocolate=GOAT EroticVanilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Sad picture, but to kill yourself over? Common man, you could of lived to help people like that but instead you take the cowards way out. Get out of here, no respect for people who commit suicide.
    If you read the article it says he was emotionally unstable. And I doubt it was specifically because of this one picture, he was in Sudan for years taking pictures of f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cked up stuff. An emotionally unstable person seeing things that could scare even the most hardened person isn't exactly the best combo.

College superstar

Sad picture indeed, to say he commited suicide over this picture alone is naive. He most likely spent months watching children like this die. In which case I can understand why he would drive himself into depression and then death.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by EroticVanilla
    If you read the article it says he was emotionally unstable. And I doubt it was specifically because of this one picture, he was in Sudan for years taking pictures of f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cked up stuff. An emotionally unstable person seeing things that could scare even the most hardened person isn't exactly the best combo.
    dammit must read all posts before posting.