Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Post Nets officially moving to Newark for 2010-11 season

Quote:
East Rutherford, NJ—Brett Yormark, the Nets President and CEO, released the following statement regarding the Nets' upcoming interim relocation to Newark's Prudential Center, which will begin with the upcoming 2010-11 NBA season. This precedes the team's permanent move to Brooklyn, planned for 2012.

"Our planned interim relocation to the Prudential Center in Newark represents one of the many positive steps to take place for Nets Basketball during the next few months. This temporary move not only gives our fans a state-of-the-art arena with the first-class amenities common in most NBA buildings, but also provides our players with a great atmosphere in which to play.

"Additionally, before we make our permanent move to Brooklyn, this interim relocation to Newark enables us to continue our goal to further regionalize the team, not only in Essex and Union Counties, but also in New York City due to the direct mass transit access available between Manhattan and the Prudential Center. We are confident that the NBA family will see this as a positive move, as we do. We look forward to being part of the community in Newark and will continue our extensive community outreach in the area.

"I would like to sincerely thank Governor Christie for his support and leadership in making our interim relocation to the Prudential Center a reality. I would also like to express my appreciation to Mayor Booker and Jeff Vanderbeek for their steadfast efforts throughout this process."

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/Yormark...rk_100218.html

The Prudential Centre is the current (new) home of the NJ Devils.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Nets officially moving to Newark for 2010-11 season

Brett Yormark, the Nets President and CEO, released the following statement regarding the Nets' upcoming interim relocation to Newark's Prudential Center, which will begin with the upcoming 2010-11 NBA season. This precedes the team's permanent move to Brooklyn, planned for 2012.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets officially moving to Newark for 2010-11 season

Devils are now going to plummet.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

theyre moving into the devil house?
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
omarnyc
Local High School Star

omarnyc has an OK reputation so far

at least they might get people to come to games now, hell even i will go watch a nets game at the roc
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Prudential Center rocks. This is a great thing.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Prudential Center rocks. This is a great thing.

I live in Newark and can get free tickets to Prudential Center through my internship(my boss has no use for them)
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
wasteland

why are they moving them to brooklyn though? whats wrong with new jersey and newark. newark is like cleveland size right next to new york city. so why not just leave it there. i really dislike la having two teams when the popularity of clippers is very low compared to the lakers. id rather san diego get em back or freaking SEATTLE gets a team. im getting way off topic. i think new york should just have one team. new york has allways been pro knicks. and new york basketball has hit a all time low the last 10 yrs id say...
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 AM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I live in Newark and can get free tickets to Prudential Center through my internship(my boss has no use for them)

That's awesome.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
That's awesome.

Im pretty excited...its literally a 5 minute walk to the place from my school and a ten minute walk overall... Im not really a nets fan but I love bball and will be there next year a lot...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 AM   #11
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, I'd love to have a team in Brooklyn, but it's good for the brick city to have the team there. Atleast it makes sense to have the Nets in the biggest city in Jersey.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
digitalgiga
Can barely lace up my sneakers

digitalgiga has an OK reputation so far

Finally! Uh you guys, i'll be moving to Newark for the type being! I got to support my team. Even though they arnt that great this year. I think the move will definitely get some momentum going for them. What do you guys think?
digitalgiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think it would be impossible for it not to help.

the main thing that pisses me off these days is how easily the cavs got jamison and how easily the knicks cleared room for two max FA's, leap-frogging right past the nets in cap room this summer.

it's like the memphis-LA gasol trade all over again... twice.

what tee eff?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: