Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people
Default Pau for boozer and deng?

What do you guys think about this?
I honestly think it would help us out, deng brings that perimeter athleticism and D that we need so badly.
Yes boozer is no where near pau's talent, but he still is a suitable PF on a championship team.

then we go after sessions and would have a roster of
sessions
bryant
deng
boozer
bynum
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Pau for boozer and deng?

I say no to this. We were going to give up Pau and Odom for CP3. If Pau is traded, we're getting alot more depth than that, i trust Lakers FO. Or we're getting a game-changing player.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

And the only reason that sessions move is not being made is because of the Dwight Howard situation i believe (the TPE)
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
I say no to this. We were going to give up Pau and Odom for CP3. If Pau is traded, we're getting alot more depth than that, i trust Lakers FO. Or we're getting a game-changing player.

Deng is a game-changing player though at his position. It would lock the Lakers at the SF position for years.. Boozer is not on Pau's level but he is still a top 10 PF in the league. Sure he is soft at times and disappears at times under pressure, but it's not like Pau doesn't do it either.

I believe if this deal ever gets put on the table, you pull it.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

How would this be a fair deal for the Bulls? Boozer would have be in the deal, but Deng too. Bulls would be giving up 31.5 ppg and 15 rpg for 16.6 ppg and 10.7 rpg. Are you serious Laker fans, it would be like the Bulls giving up Deng for pretty much nothing. Now Boozer and a couple smaller pieces makes much more sense.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Again,

This pisses me off.

We traded lamar for nothing. It was better keeping him and throwing him around as a trade piece. NOBODY wants that tpe.

It's not like everyone is lining up to take it from us.

I like this deal ONLY if we get sessions because then it gives us a starting 5.

Not a starting three, with two guys that are basically more beneficial to the oppossing team.

Getting these 3 GUYS would really make us such a strong unit. Pau is good, dont get me wrong. Some nights, he's right there with the best of em, and other days... well.. He's boozer. lol

And I really like Deng's game. He plays within himself. Doesnt try too hard, too much, etc.

plus, he's young.
adding another young guy with sessions gives us a nice young pg,c,sf for the next couple years.

I dont think ppl understand the WONDERS a decent pg would do for this squad.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we trade Gasol, I am only for it if it involves Dwight or a really good point guard. Boozer is about as old as Gasol, but I think Gasol gives the Lakers much more than him. Boozer is often injured too. I don't think this fixes the problems LA has. We don't get significnaly better and we still have a huge huge hole at the point.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Again,

This pisses me off.

We traded lamar for nothing. It was better keeping him and throwing him around as a trade piece. NOBODY wants that tpe.

Not a starting three, with two guys that are basically more beneficial to the oppossing team.

Getting these 3 GUYS would really make us such a strong unit. Pau is good, dont get me wrong. Some nights, he's right there with the best of em, and other days... well.. He's boozer. lol

And I really like Deng's game. He plays within himself. Doesnt try too hard, too much, etc.

plus, he's young.
adding another young guy with sessions gives us a nice young pg,c,sf for the next couple years.

Total agreement from me
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bulls wouldn't do that deal....
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Again,

This pisses me off.

plus, he's young.

So just because a deal hasn't been made yet, its automatically because noone wants the TPE?

I dont know about you, but when other teams are making trades, I would imagine the first thing they ask is "What player is going to make this team better?", not "Oh man, are there any big TPE's we can snag?".

If the lakers want to do a trade, they will seek opportunities, and then offer the TPE, not the other way around. That sounds stupid if other teams were looking for TPE's. People line up to take players, and will offer a TPE. Not line up to take a TPE.

On the other hand, maybe they will not want to trade. Maybe they are just looking for cap relief, unless an amazing deal comes their way.

Now, getting to the bulls thing. As ihatetimthomas mentioned, Boozer is not better than Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol is special simply because of how smart he is with his height and how he takes advantages of his opportunities. He knows to keep his arms up so not many can take the ball from him. He can score with both hands equally, his passing ability compliments Kobe and Bynum's game, and believe it or not, he actually plays great defense compared to Boozer.

Deng is a good player, but he's not worth Pau's value at all.

If you can get Ramon Sessions on this team and keep Pau, that team would be much more dangerous than if we had Deng and Boozer.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
peppo06
Can barely lace up my sneakers

peppo06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Bulls wouldn't do that deal....

This is sure...They will be putting on court a starting lineup like: Rose, Korver, Gasol, Brewer and Gibson, and this is not a NBA-championship roster!
In the other hand, a point guard (playmaker) is Lakers's most needed player..but a good point guard who can support Bryant.
peppo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Deng, and I think he doesn't always get the credit he deserves. With that said, his contract isn't a very good one to take on. Boozer in the playoffs just scares me.... he doesn't do well against the elite PF's. I wouldn't do this trade.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I like Deng, and I think he doesn't always get the credit he deserves. With that said, his contract isn't a very good one to take on. Boozer in the playoffs just scares me.... he doesn't do well against the elite PF's. I wouldn't do this trade.

Deng is exactly what you look for in a 3rd option type a player. He is a guy who can stretch the floor and score. He does not need the rock to be effective. He is a excellent defender as well. But I also do not like that contract of his.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
So just because a deal hasn't been made yet, its automatically because noone wants the TPE?

I dont know about you, but when other teams are making trades, I would imagine the first thing they ask is "What player is going to make this team better?", not "Oh man, are there any big TPE's we can snag?".

If the lakers want to do a trade, they will seek opportunities, and then offer the TPE, not the other way around. That sounds stupid if other teams were looking for TPE's. People line up to take players, and will offer a TPE. Not line up to take a TPE.

On the other hand, maybe they will not want to trade. Maybe they are just looking for cap relief, unless an amazing deal comes their way.

Now, getting to the bulls thing. As ihatetimthomas mentioned, Boozer is not better than Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol is special simply because of how smart he is with his height and how he takes advantages of his opportunities. He knows to keep his arms up so not many can take the ball from him. He can score with both hands equally, his passing ability compliments Kobe and Bynum's game, and believe it or not, he actually plays great defense compared to Boozer.

Deng is a good player, but he's not worth Pau's value at all.

If you can get Ramon Sessions on this team and keep Pau, that team would be much more dangerous than if we had Deng and Boozer.

Please tell me what we did with that 5 million dollar exception we got for trading Sasha........I can tell you.......WE GOT NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
I would rather kept Sasha than doing that.
Let's not be so quick to assume the Odom TPE will ever be used.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Please tell me what we did with that 5 million dollar exception we got for trading Sasha........I can tell you.......WE GOT NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
I would rather kept Sasha than doing that.
Let's not be so quick to assume the Odom TPE will ever be used.

Probably your best post yet.... those trade exceptions are a money thing
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: