Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #16
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do you believe in Kharma?

I honestly think evil and amorality prevails.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes.
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
taabhimself
I airball my layups

taabhimself has no real reputation yet.

i tend to approach it the same way Pascal did his Wager. if i believe in karma and live accordingly, what have i lost? nothing, in fact i've gained the satisfaction of living in karmic harmony.
taabhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #19
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

I believe in Harvey Dent
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #20
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taabhimself
i tend to approach it the same way Pascal did his Wager. if i believe in karma and live accordingly, what have i lost? nothing, in fact i've gained the satisfaction of living in karmic harmony.

you should just be good to be good, not because you expect a reward. why should karma pay you back if you are only doing something for karma? the good deed should be the reward itself. what you've lost is time and energy doing something for the wrong reasons. superficially it is the same action and result, but internally you will benefit more i believe if you do something good for goodness sake.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #21
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
She lied about the birth of her baby. Her baby died before she could give the birth. She was released from WWE 4 on July. Her Royal Rumble appearance is basically her only official in-ring performance with WWE.
It is pretty strange that the only TNA talent Vince rolled the dice on is one who would never be a star in the WWE.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
I honestly think evil and amorality prevails.

I agree. It reflects on how people are in general. The majority of the world are inconsiderate pricks and use that trait to get ahead in life

As per kharma, I just think one extreme amplifies the other. When something happens really good in life we set that as a bar to measure. Everything that happens after is a disappointment.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #23
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

I believe god dont like ugly. Other day I found one of those new touch balckberrys in the back of a taxi, and I have absolutely no reason to keep it(already have a phone and dont need the $100-$200 i can flip it for), but I took it anyway and planned to give it to a family member. The owner started calling the phone, and I swear I contemplated on giving it back, but I decided just to turn it off and sleep on it.

Next morning I lose my S3 in similar fashion( first phone I have lost in over 6 years). 2 days later the niece I planned to give it to, lost her old cellphone aswell. In the end It wasnt really worth the stress, and I know for damn sure it was not a coincidence.
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

^ it was a coincidence
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

yes and i love to do the sutra
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
taabhimself
I airball my layups

taabhimself has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
you should just be good to be good, not because you expect a reward. why should karma pay you back if you are only doing something for karma? the good deed should be the reward itself. what you've lost is time and energy doing something for the wrong reasons. superficially it is the same action and result, but internally you will benefit more i believe if you do something good for goodness sake.

way to completely misunderstand Pascal's Wager
taabhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #27
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
I agree. It reflects on how people are in general. The majority of the world are inconsiderate pricks and use that trait to get ahead in life

As per kharma, I just think one extreme amplifies the other. When something happens really good in life we set that as a bar to measure. Everything that happens after is a disappointment.

For argument's sake i'm using christiand efinition of good and evil.

Whenever I hear speeches of actors giving out classy acceptance speeches, I quickly glance at their biography. They are no saints. I don't fault them for that. Few if any seem like upstanding people. And the few who say "cocky IT seems that fortune favors people who are "interesting" for lack for a better term. Not some guy who has incredible selless thoughts in thier head.

Who captivated audiences and succeeded as a memorable figure? Batman or The Joker?
Who stuck out most in Lord of the Flies? Ralph or Jack. The Savage... the repressed.. the animal instinct
Who will be remembered 50 - 100 years around and PUT THEIR IMPRESSION on the world? Hitler/Stalin/Amin/Mao/Khomeini or Thatcher/*insert benevolent politician here*

Michael Jordan is a straight up asshole. A sh!tty human being. But people will come to his defense and say he's earned the right to that arrogance. Yes. But in other lands like Confucian China, the emperors composed themselves with dignity and compassion to all.

My friend got a record deal for slutting it up and postponing her lyrics. She was nothing but a regular ass gal trying to get by (in debt) and is now an aspiring superstar.

I don't believe in Kharma but I do believe in the law of attraction.

Its been shown TIME after TIME after TIME again that if you're scared of something and you're praying to yourself *please don't catch me, please don't catch me" as a kid masking something, chances are your PARENT WILL sense your vulnerability and figure that sh!t out. Murphy's Law.. anything that goes wrong will goes wrong.

Likewise, it's been shown that displaying virtues like gratitude make you look pathetic.

WIth that said, anger can eat someone alive. But controlled anger and controlled aggression are excellent tools.

People talk about the whole "WHen embarking on a mission of revenge, dig yourself two graves." But who here has felt the sweet f*Cking satisfaction of revenge on someone you truly despise? It's a delicious pleasure, and it's soon forgotten. Beating a cocky asshole in basketball after they beat you is such a delightful sentinment.

Furthermore, in a relationship you'll often have one person with an outstanding memory of the other partner's flaws and shortcomings and "Misdeeds" in the past and another who sees the good in others. The first one ends up having more power eventually through emotional manipulation and constant browbeating to the latter's ego. Like a gaping black hole.

I've noticed that being clear-minded, anxiety-free, and ruthless pays off in dividends. There was an article written the other day discussing the 9 "dark virtues" that were common in vastly successful people. Guess what they were?
Fearlessness
Ruthlessness
Lack of empathy/concern
Focus
Charm
Mindfulness
Action

Sound pretty neutral.

But the most charming people are complete frauding actors. The most action-oriented people are those who are also very aggressive and prone to bulying/breaking rules. The msot focused people are those who are misnathropes or who fla tout don't give a f*ck about others who lack empathy. And you never know when a ruthless person is gonig to inflict damage on somebody. But all these DO. LEAD. TO. PROFESSIONAL. SUCCESS. And there won't be repercussions.

seckshally speaking, bad boys get the hottest chicks. Point blank f*cking period. You guys know this from experience. You guys damn well know being a selfish prick gets you laid. And encontraire, girls who are selfless and give everything to their man often get f*cked over as well. Being loving, supportive, and devoted is often mistaken as being clingy and bam her value goes down.

Back home in Saudi Arabia, even with strict ass laws like cutting off the thieves of hands, the sleezy businessman is the one who wields power, get sthe cash, gets the ladies. The second a Saudi Prince goes into power he can literally spit and tell people to kiss his feet and NO ONE WILL DO ANTHING ABOUT IT AND NO HARM WILL COME HIS WAY. Rest of his life will be nice and privileged.

I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan/sympathizer of Christianity just because of the "meek and humble inherit the earth line." THe fact that they attempt to soften the plight of the poor oppressed peasant speaks volumes of the religions' desire to make life a bit more bearabale.

Villains have shown in numerous eras that they have the capacity to dispatch the hero easily. At the end of the day.. who REALLY wins? The one who HAS A VISION of the world and sets on making that sh!t come true (Hannibal, Anton Chigurgh) or someone who merely protects others like a classic hero would.

Food for thought.

Let's take a quick look at these guys

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...er_crowley.jpg

What have the good and the selfless earned that the wicked haven't?

Peace of mind? True love?

That's a f*ckin camry compared to the murcielago prize of fulfilling whatever you set ought to do and earning permanent fame and infilitrating the minds of the public.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No. That makes no sense really, unless you believe in an underlying force or grand design.

I don't.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #29
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taabhimself
way to completely misunderstand Pascal's Wager

i didn't misunderstand it. the point is that doing something to satisfy the wager might not actually get you the result you thought it might and it is therefore better to do something good because it is good and not because it might net you some karmic reward.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: