Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default OPEN YOUR EYES: Stern is DOING it AGAIN!

He wants the Lakers in the playoffs and it s clear by the way the games are officiated lately.

Rockets getting screwed 3 straight games.
    First OKC, but that doesnt count since they always get calls.
    Then, Brooklyn Nets game had probably the worst officiated 4th quarter of the year. Phantom offensive foul on Rockets and no fouls call on Brooklyn.
    Wizards getting superstar calls against Rockets yesterday.
    Also, why is Harden FTA suddently lower. He was leading the league before all-star break. Now he cant get calls.

Lakers had a 20+ FTA advantage on Portland the other day. Also, at the end, a clear 3 pts given as a 2 for Portland.
    TOday, Dallas getting owned by the refs in the 4th.

Stern

Banned

Default Re: OPEN YOUR EYES: Stern is DOING it AGAIN!

if true, why did he wait for so long?

Local High School Star

this isnt the refs, this is mamba coming for ring #6. and all you can do is just watch and let it happen cause its over.
    Last edited by Rysio; 02-24-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Are you serious? Even when we are having a godawful season, you still think the league is rigged to favor us?

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    He was waiting for the right time, now the time has come (R.I.P. Dr. Jerry Buss), Stern knows what he's doing. Congrats to the Lakers on making it to the playoffs.

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb

He probably thought that GodBe will atleast be able to make the playoffs without refs helping him with so many hofer's as teammates

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Greatest tragedy in sports: The sequel?

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

stay salty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    He wants the Lakers in the playoffs and it s clear by the way the games are officiated lately.

Rockets getting screwed 3 straight games.
    First OKC, but that doesnt count since they always get calls.
    Then, Brooklyn Nets game had probably the worst officiated 4th quarter of the year. Phantom offensive foul on Rockets and no fouls call on Brooklyn.
    Wizards getting superstar calls against Rockets yesterday.
    Also, why is Harden FTA suddently lower. He was leading the league before all-star break. Now he cant get calls.

Lakers had a 20+ FTA advantage on Portland the other day. Also, at the end, a clear 3 pts given as a 2 for Portland.
    TOday, Dallas getting owned by the refs in the 4th.

Stern
    Seriously? You're completely delusional.

The most disgusting part of it is how Artest is treated by the refs. The man commits about 10 fouls per game and he never fouls out...

This is ridiculous, not even Lebron and Durant are getting such treatment...

Oh my word!!! What a joke. If that was the case, Stern would make sure that Kobe won the league MVP award as well.

Says a Heat fan

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't buy the whole scenario but I am sure that the Lakers will get help like they did tonight for the rest of the season. The Lakers missing the playoffs would be horrible for NBA revenue and TV ratings. So they will make it and get calls that change the momentum of games for the rest of the season..That I am sure of.

The first foul of Dirk would have taken the Mavs up from 3 to 5 if he would have made both frees,I believe they were instead awarded a tech and kobe made a shot to tie it..

Than Kobe missed a layup and a foul was called and a tech as well.

Dirk was also fouled again by MWP and got no call once again as he lost the ball.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

This is why I don't take sports too seriously. Teams like the lakers get favorable calls because they have the largest fanbase, thus bringing in the most revenue for the nba. So if my team wins, cool. If they don't, I don't care since the game is clearly fixed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    I don't buy the whole scenario but I am sure that the Lakers will get help like they did tonight for the rest of the season. The Lakers missing the playoffs would be horrible for NBA revenue and TV ratings. So they will make it and get calls that change the momentum of games for the rest of the season..That I am sure of.

The first foul of Dirk would have taken the Mavs up from 3 to 5 if he would have made both frees,I believe they were instead awarded a tech and kobe made a shot to tie it..

Than Kobe missed a layup and a foul was called and a tech as well.

Dirk was also fouled again by MWP and got no call once again as he lost the ball.

There is no conspiracy...just bad refs setting bad precedents with inconsistent calls.

The real problem is that refs let who a player is dictate how they call fouls. I understand that is going to happen, but it happens just way too much at times. And I'll be the first to admit that at times Dirk has gotten way too many calls. He did at times in 2011 in the playoffs and he certainly did in 2006 when the games were often just a joke with the way the games were called.

However, in terms of superstar respect on calls... Dirk just has always been disrespected. The game today is a perfect example. A clear foul against the home teams best player and one of the best 20 or so players of all time goes uncalled in a scenario that could potentially put the Mavs up 5. Like you said...the horrid no call then leads to a tech...then another terrible call on Mayo against Kobe leads to 3 undeserving free throws. Then Dirk is fouled again by MWP with no call that leads to a turnover.

No conspiracy, but it is just too hard to beat another team when that all happens in the last 4 minutes of the game...