Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default My issue with Shaq

Shaq is often called the MDE ( most dominant ever) but when I look at his r

Default Re: My issue with Shaq

Rings are a team effort.

How in the mother****ing hell was Shaq not a great ****ing rebounder. Does anyone of this board know what a rebound is? There was a heat fan on here that called Alonzo Mourning a bad rebounder but this just takes the cake.

Over 10 plus rebounding for 11 straight seasons but he's a BAD REBOUDNER.

DO YOU WANT HIM TO GRAB 34 REBOUNDS A FREAKING GAME?!

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    How in the mother****ing hell was Shaq not a great ****ing rebounder. Does anyone of this board know what a rebound is? There was a heat fan on here that called Alonzo Mourning a bad rebounder but this just takes the cake.

For his size he should have won a handful of rebounding titles. But never did.

I rule the local playground

Let's be real here. You're issue with Shaq is Kobe.

Local High School Star

Shaq was the largest man on the floor every single game, never left the low post and did not play with a dominating power forward in his career. That combination should have him with at least 6 rebounding titles...... HE HAS NONE!!!!!!

Add that to the fact that his best rebounding year was when he was a rookie. Shaq said himself on Nba tv that he wasn't a great rebounder.

How you gonna argue for a man that said it about his own self
    Last edited by INDI; 10-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    Shaq was the largest man on the floor every single game, never left the low post and did not play with a dominating power forward in his career. That combination should have him with at least 6 rebounding titles...... HEHAS NONE!!!!!!

Add that to the fact that his best rebounding year was when he was a rookie. Shaq said himself on MBA tv that he wasn't a great rebounder.
    Not only do you think Shaq isn't a great rebounder but you also take Shaq's quotes, sayings seriously.

I have no problem with Shaq isn't a DOMINANT rebounder but when you dont even consider him GREAT is the problem.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    Let's be real here. You're issue with Shaq is Kobe.
    You think Kobe held him back????

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    You think Kobe held him back????
    Not at all. I think Kobe is the main reason(other than himself) that Shaq has 4 rings instead of 1.

All I'm saying is that given your post history, its obvious why you have a problem with Shaq. No need to pretend.

College star

He is MDE = Most Dumbest Ever

Local High School Star

Not only do you think Shaq isn't a great rebounder but you also take Shaq's quotes, sayings seriously.

I have no problem with Shaq isn't a DOMINANT rebounder but when you dont even consider him GREAT is the problem.
    I don't know what to tell you, I think he was a good rebounder but not great and I do take his quote seriously because he was arguing with Reggie miller at the time on why he thinks Dwight isn't the best center in the league so he was being serious at the time

4 Championships
    3 Finals MVPs
    League MVP
    2 Scoring Titles
    Led the NBA in FG% an NBA record 10 times
    Top 5 in MVP voting 9 times
    MVP runner up twice
    DPOY runner up in 1999-00
    ROY
    15 All-Star Teams
    14 All-NBA Teams
    3 All-Defensive Teams
    31-15-3 average in 00 Playoffs
    38-16-2 average in 00 Finals
    30-15-3 average in 01 Playoffs
    33-16-5 average in 01 Finals
    29-13-3 average in 02 Playoffs
    36-12-4 average in 02 Finals
    6th on the all-time scoring list
    4th on the all-time playoff scoring list

Please.

4 rings.3 FMVP. Incredible finals stats. It's not even easy to get one ring.In his prime he won 4 championship between 00-06.

True centers usually don't score above 30 ppg in modern basketball.His FGA wasn't more than 20 per game and he had 60% FG. Without jump shots. His game plan was dominating painted area and he can't score he would made even scrubs look good because of open jumpers in perimeter. Still he had great stats but his impact on team was bigger.

I agree he wasn't so dedicated to basketball, he could be better defender (even though he was still a great defender in magic & lakers) he could get a little bit more rebounds. At least he could stay in shape.

That's his personality though. It's not easy be probably being most gifted player with a larger than life persona but still be a hard worker in gym. In early 00's, league was like Shaq and rest.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    Not at all. I think Kobe is the main reason(other than himself) that Shaq has 4 rings instead of 1.

All I'm saying is that given your post history, its obvious why you have a problem with Shaq. No need to pretend.
    Dude I have an issue with everybody that has an extremely unique talent but for one reason or another they fall short in there output. I got a issue with wade cause I think he has the tools to have been in the top ten convos, I had an issue with tmac. I love dudes that leave there heart on the line. So if you asking am I a Kobe fan I am., but he's not my favorite of alltime or anything. I love PGs so I got Kidd, Stockton, Tim n penny hardaway before Kobe.

And my favorite 2guard alltime is Reggie ( Kobe second)

Could have been more. That's all there is to say. Imagine Shaq with MJ
    's determination and work ethic.