Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

Another amazing episode last night, and it's what I've come to expect every Sunday night. This show delivers every time, and seems to get better as it goes.

So glad Gus got that as$hole back. Dude thought Gus would just get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Great episode. Gus is a hard mofo.

Like how they got his chain.

And I'm gonna type about the pink elephant in the room...

Don obviously killed Gus' lover back 20 years ago.... Why he is SO emotional..

It's obvious Gus is the most gangster homosexual ever.... "Not that there's anything wrong with that"-
    Dude, holy sh*t. I hadn't even think about it until now. I thought that dude was just like a brother to him which is why he was so pissed. I now believe they were lovers. I hadn't even suspected they were gay, but now it makes sense.

I think Skyler is going to tell Ted that the money she gave him was from Walter's gambling winnings. They tried to make that a cliff hanger but I think she can lie to Ted about that and he'll buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    good episode, talk about revenge

what do you guys think, alot of talk that mike was pulling up the gun to kill jesse at the end scene by the car

i re watched it and its kinda iffy, i dunno

here's a slow gif
    http://imgur.com/SN6Vq
    Woah. Maybe that "7forever" poster can make a thread on this and analyze it

Banned

what do you guys think, alot of talk that mike was pulling up the gun to kill jesse at the end scene by the car

here's a slow gif
    wow good eye

here's a slow gif
    That is definitely what it looked like, wow. Maybe an acting error, but probably not.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

here's a slow gif
    Yeah... yeah... that's all fine and dandy. But what I really wanna know is, does Bieber have a crush on me?

here's a slow gif
    Don't make sense though. He can kill Jesse anytime he wants. Why then and there?

Also, I just rewatched it again. It's a natural motion after opening the car's door.

NBA rookie of the year

Gus calmly leaving the bathroom back outside during all the mayhem was some cool shit

I know Gus is bad and all, but he's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind him sticking around for a while (probably won't) and him and Walt sort everything out.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Skyler just opened up a world of trouble... Couldn't she just have threatened Ted to undo what she did with the auditor and threaten to go to the IRS with details on how he instructed her to cook the books? This is going to end badly...

And regarding Gus being a homo, I don't necessarily understand where the accusations are coming from. People are saying he overreacted, but watching your closest friend take a bullet to the head would make men many break down like that I would imagine - and who knows what kind of struggles they grew up with and overcame together - let's assume that they were as close as brothers. I don't think he could have been disrespected any worse that what happened then, don't think it has anything to do with his partner being his "lover".

I know if someone blew my brother's head off in front of me I would be emotionally devastated and want revenge, regardless if it had been twenty years or not... time doesn't heal those kind of wounds. I think those making accusations of Gus being a homo for showing emotion in that kind of situation have never had any type of close/brotherly bond with a childhood friend.
    Last edited by Niytrus; 09-19-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    Skyler just opened up a world of trouble... Couldn't she just have threatened Ted to undo what she did with the auditor and threaten to go to the IRS with details on how he instructed her to cook the books? This is going to end badly...

And regarding Gus being a homo, I don't necessarily understand where the accusations are coming from. People are saying he overreacted, but watching your closest friend take a bullet to the head would make men many break down like that I would imagine - and who knows what kind of struggles they grew up with and overcame together - let's assume that they were as close as brothers. I don't think he could have been disrespected any worse that what happened then, don't think it has anything to do with his partner being his "lover".

I know if someone blew my brother's head off in front of me I would be emotionally devastated and want revenge, regardless if it had been twenty years or not... time doesn't heal those kind of wounds. I think those making accusations of Gus being a homo for showing emotion in that kind of situation have never had any type of close/brotherly bond with a childhood friend.
    Solid post. Episode couldn't have ended better either...

NBA rookie of the year

Skylar knew telling Ted where the money was from was incredibly stupid. But as usual her ego got the best of her. She couldn't just walk away, she had to feel like she "won". Now she will have to either lose in the long run, or have a man clean up the mess she created.

Any other rational person would have walked away, then carefully plotted his revenge. Perhaps go back to Saul to plan another strategy. Perfect example is Gus this episode. He kept his cool even while the Don mocked the murder of his "partner", calmly walked to the bathroom, folded his jacket and a towel and vomited out the poison as his enemies dropped one by one.

He didn't have run his mouth to make himself feel better like Skylar did.

Walt and Skylar have a tendency to not let well enough alone and need try to put people in their place at the wrong time when they feel they are being dismissed. This was the same as when Walt had to give Hank the tip that Gale wasn't the brains behind the blue meth.

Bottom line is that they're egos have spun way out of control and may ultimately be their downfall. Same as any other big time drug dealer.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    Ted's reaction to Skylar:

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Skylar knew telling Ted where the money was from was incredibly stupid. But as usual her ego got the best of her. She couldn't just walk away, she had to feel like she "won". Now she will have to either lose in the long run, or have a man clean up the mess she created.

Any other rational person would have walked away, then carefully plotted his revenge. Perhaps go back to Saul to plan another strategy. Perfect example is Gus this episode. He kept his cool even while the Don mocked the murder of his "partner", calmly walked to the bathroom, folded his jacket and a towel and vomited out the poison as his enemies dropped one by one.

He didn't have run his mouth to make himself feel better like Skylar did.

Walt and Skylar have a tendency to not let well enough alone and need try to put people in their place at the wrong time when they feel they are being dismissed. This was the same as when Walt had to give Hank the tip that Gale wasn't the brains behind the blue meth.

Bottom line is that they're egos have spun way out of control and may ultimately be their downfall. Same as any other big time drug dealer.
    Great analysis - sometimes it's hard to remember that this is exactly what they are - drug dealers - it's just sugar coated because of the situation and where they came from. But great point because you are right, they are letting their ego's run the show and have lost focus.

A lot of folks were thinking that Gus and Max were lovers back in the Hermanos episode.

So I think it is there.

If it does turn out that way I wonder how long the producers knew that about the character. Because the way Giancarlo Esposito plays him, the single dominant thing about him is he is a guy who tightly controls his emotions. Walter does too, but he fails and you see his emotions on the surface more. With Gus, he is much, much harder to read and if he is gay, you could say that he has had a lifetime of acting like that, trying not to expose his true nature.

He also has a history of "passing" as a friend to law-enforcement.