Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Default Four games back to back at Home

Quote:
November 23 vs Timberwolves
November 26 vs New york Knicks
November 28 vs Milwaukee
November 30 vs Portland

The Portland game is the toughest one obviously.

Walter Herrmann is hurting, and he is day to day. Coach michael curry isnt pleased with the defense ( Source )

On the other hand, Hamilton is saying 'we are not trusting each other" ( Source )

Its all good! problems are being pointed out , and being worked on. I am not worried on current form..Just the team get adjusted , and come playoffs be ready.

The team should snatch all 4 games here, Other then portland rest are weak teams.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Four games back to back at Home

They should definately beat Minnesota and NY. I don't think NY got any better with those trades. Al Harrington isn't someone who scares me. All they did was free up cap space. IMO Randolph is a much better post player. Milwaukee is actually a decent team, but Detroit should win that game at home. Portland is a team that can be tough. They have a big front line and athletic guards. They can play with anyone in the league. I really think it's possible to go 4-0, but I could live with 3-1.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Hopefully we can win some games and get on track with this team!

I'll be in attendance at the Blazers game next Sunday
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
The Portland game is the toughest one obviously.

Walter Herrmann is hurting, and he is day to day. Coach michael curry isnt pleased with the defense ( Source )

On the other hand, Hamilton is saying 'we are not trusting each other" ( Source )

Its all good! problems are being pointed out , and being worked on. I am not worried on current form..Just the team get adjusted , and come playoffs be ready.

The team should snatch all 4 games here, Other then portland rest are weak teams.

they lost to twolves?
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

If we cant beat Knicks ...

Amir Jhonson will start today instead of Kwame brown.According to news, curry is planning to start Amir Jhonson against teams that have small frontcourt.
Sheed will slide to center then from playing power forward.

Source 1

Source 2

Last edited by francesco totti : 11-26-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
they lost to twolves?

They didn't just lose they got killed. It actually concerns me a bit that they lost. It's not that I expect them to never lose a game, but the fact they got killed reminds me of the Pistons over the past few years who will just take a night off. Come playoff time when Detroit takes a night off it's the most frustrating thing in the world. After seeing Rondo and Foye light up Detroit it's obvious our defense isn't better. I would think when we need a defensive presence we would see Stuckey and Hamilton in the back court. I know Stuckey has pretty much been a flop this year but I'd like to see him have more of a role. Let's give him a little more confidence and see what happens. We really need him defensively because Iverson hasn't proved he knows how to play any.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Iverson a no-show at practice
by A. Sherrod Blakely
Thursday November 27, 2008, 11:13 AM

AUBURN HILLS -- All the Detroit Pistons players showed up at practice on Thanksgiving with the exception of - you guessed it - Allen Iverson.

Pistons coach Michael Curry said Iverson will be hit with a "heavy fine" and will not start tomorrow against Milwaukee.

"Whether he plays or not, we'll make that decision internally," Curry said.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s..._practice.html

shiiiit
Old 11-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Wow, AI has always been the guy who doesn't show up for practice. He doesn't believe in it. It looks like he's going to have a hard time in Detroit unless he changes his mind about that.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...341/1127/rss13

Quote:
"I have been struggling," said Stuckey, who had his first career double-double with 13 points and 11 assists. "Part of the reason I was struggling was my (right) wrist was still bothering me. My strength is coming back in the wrist to the point where I can play and not worry about reinjuring it."

Stuckey hurt the wrist in Phoenix, taking a flagrant foul from Shaquille O'Neal.

"It was impacting everything I did with my right hand," Stuckey said. "But it's all good now."

AI wont start, he could possibly as well not play the game at alll. It shouldnt be a problem tho IMO. Bucks could be without michael redd & bogut. Their top scorer + rebounder.

On other hand Stuckey complaning of injury for his bad spell. Hope he is getting it on now..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: