Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Default 11.4.06: Kings 91 @ Bucks 104

VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA.com
Bucks Host Kings In Home Opener
By JEFF MEZYDLO, STATS Writer
Posted Nov 4 2006 12:14PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up

Bucks Home
Kings Home
2006-07 Stats at a GlanceNBA.com Daily Confidential
Charlie Villanueva played well in his first two games with Milwaukee. Bucks fans may have to wait a little longer to see him play at home.

Milwaukee may have to get by without Villanueva when it opens its home schedule at the Bradley Center against the Sacramento Kings on Saturday.

Villanueva, who came to Milwaukee from Toronto in an off-season trade for point guard T.J. Ford, posted double-doubles in the each of the Bucks' two games this season. The former Connecticut star had 17 points and 11 rebounds in a 109-92 loss against the Raptors on Friday, but left the game in the fourth quarter and did not return.

The Bucks (1-1) initially said Villanueva had a pulled right hamstring, but later said it was a sore calf. He will be re-evaluated Saturday.

Villanueva, a forward who averaged 13.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and had 12 double-doubles as a rookie last season, seemed more upset about losing to his former team.

``They were hungry and they wanted it more than us,'' said Villanueva, who had 16 points and 12 rebounds Wednesday in a 105-97 season-opening win over Detroit. ``They shot the ball pretty well and got things going, and we just kind of got our heads down.''

The game was tied at halftime, but Toronto outscored the Bucks 30-17 in the fourth quarter.

Michael Redd, who had 37 points against the Pistons, scored just 15 against Toronto and Andrew Bogut added 18. The two will be expected to carry most of the scoring load if Villanueva is sidelined.

Milwaukee has lost four in a row and nine of its last 10 against Sacramento (1-1) since January 2002.

The Kings also will have some momentum after beating Chicago 89-88 on Friday night.

Third-year guard Kevin Martin scored a career-high 30 points and hit the go-ahead jumper with 6.4 seconds left, lifting the Kings to the win. Martin, who averaged 10.8 points in 72 games - including 41 starts - last season is averaging 26.5 points this season.

With the Bulls ahead 88-87, guard Mike Bibby, who finished with 23 points and nine assists, drove the lane and passed off to Martin who hit the baseline jumper.

``I just figured that I would try to make it look like I was shooting and try to find somebody open, and Kevin hit a big shot,'' Bibby said.

Ron Artest scored 22 points and had 13 rebounds against his former team. It was his second straight double-double and 15th of his career. He had just two each of the last two seasons.

The Kings' second-half performance saved the team from starting 0-2 for the third straight season. Sacramento, which shot 37.0 percent from the floor Friday, lost its opener 92-83 to Minnesota on Wednesday when it shot 34.8 percent.

``The opportunity was there for us to go 0-2,'' Artest said. ``It was a big game for us.''

Sacramento hasn't had a winning road record since it went 21-20 in 2003-04. Milwaukee went 25-16 at the Bradley Center last season, but lost its most recent meeting against Sacramento at home 123-116 on March 8.

The Kings open their home schedule Monday against Minnesota.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited
http://www.nba.com/games/20061104/SACMIL/preview.html

I hope we can get a win but I dunno. The Bucks are a pretty good team and we're on a back to back. They'll probably pay a lot of attention to Kevin Martin because he had a big game last night. Team needs to cut down the turnovers, Kenny needs to stop playing like my little cousin(that's an insult to my little cousin...), Artest needs to post up(but he thinks he's Antoine "because there are no 4s" Walker, Miller needs to hit his shots(his confidence is lower than the grand canyon right now).
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

the bucks are an elite team in the east i think their better than the nets knicks bulls and detriot this yr......they won a good game...we had the game jus like every other game but we got sooo sloppy that we turned it into their hands.....WE NEED A BIG MAN BAD!!! our interior D sucks men!! i hope we get sumtin done quick because we cant go on in the season with that...... dnt kno why we cut justin williams either woods because clearly we are DESPERATE!!!!!!
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:57 AM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

That was a completely different King's team out there. Bucks looked really good, they are underrated. I like them more than the bulls, especially of Villanova and Bogut play at the same level.

Kings looked horrible, really hard time scoring and defending.

Artest's shot selection is still weak.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:45 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Artest did his best Antoine Walker impression during this game. He didn't even play D, or grab boards. WTF? Really this game was just repulsive to watch the 2nd half and it shows how much Brad means to this team. Once he went out we got murdered by Bogut. Kenny got owned by Villanueva all game. Gosh I want Kenny traded.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: