Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

Default Bulls Center/Power Forward Positions......

i'm just curious whats the bulls offseason plans as far as how many centers and power forwards they gonna put in the roster.........i'm not sure whats the status of pj brown, malik, and sweetney are, if they're free agents or under contract.........there's all these talks about bulls going after joe smith, mihm, mikki moore.......and even guys like darko and other pf's thats available.......

last year, our big guys were........
-ben wallace
-pj brown
-malik allen
-sweetney
-tyrus thomas
i wasn't even sure who the back up center was on that list.......

the only ones i know that will be on the roster for sure this year are.....
-wallace
-thomas
-noah
is aaron gray gonna make it? what do you think.........

if they add a pf on the list cause i'm sure they will, who is gonna back up wallace? what are your thoughts and opinions..............
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Bulls Center/Power Forward Positions......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
i'm just curious whats the bulls offseason plans as far as how many centers and power forwards they gonna put in the roster.........i'm not sure whats the status of pj brown, malik, and sweetney are, if they're free agents or under contract.........there's all these talks about bulls going after joe smith, mihm, mikki moore.......and even guys like darko and other pf's thats available.......

last year, our big guys were........
-ben wallace
-pj brown
-malik allen
-sweetney
-tyrus thomas
i wasn't even sure who the back up center was on that list.......

the only ones i know that will be on the roster for sure this year are.....
-wallace
-thomas
-noah
is aaron gray gonna make it? what do you think.........

if they add a pf on the list cause i'm sure they will, who is gonna back up wallace? what are your thoughts and opinions..............

If Aaron Gray keeps up his good play in the summer league, he will be on the roster as the backup center next season. He won't play much, because Big Ben plays 35 minutes/game. Last season, TT and Malik Allen were the only big men to come off the bench and average more than 10 minutes/game, so it's not like we need someone to come in and play heavy minutes. PJ only played 20 minutes/game, and I'm sure that TT can fill his shoes very well.

It doesn't look like Mikki Moore will be back with the Nets. He turned down a 3 year/$10 million contract, so he might be a possibility, but I would rather have Joe Smith. I haven't seen Chris Mihm play in the NBA, so I can't really say anything about him.

Malik, Sweets, and PJ are FA's, with Sweetney being the only restricted FA. Maybe some team will want him enough to do a S&T, but they could go out and buy a tub of lard at the store and save some money, so that's just wishful thinking. I wouldn't mind seeing PJ or Malik back, but if I had a choice, I would definitely go for PJ because of his defense. We have some size now with Noah and Gray, so we just need a backup that can score if needed. I like Joe Smith.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
kshutts1
Great college starter

Default Re: Bulls Center/Power Forward Positions......

This is how I think the Bulls summer/big men SHOULD shape out (it definitely won't because, as we all know, any fan can run the team better than the current regime):

Trade: Give up Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah and your first round pick next year

Get: Pau Gasol, Chucky Atkins, Grizz first round pick next year

Why the bulls do this: They get the low post scorer they desperately need in Gasol without giving up Hinrich, Deng, Ben Wallace, Tyrus Thomas. Also, Joakim Noah doesn't fill a need so he's expendable, and Ben Gordon is an undersized guard anyway, so use next year's likely top 5 selection to get the SG of the future.

Why the Grizz do this trade: Pau Gasol doesn't really want to be there anyway, and even though he hasn't necessarily made a public statement, I'm sure the team's brass knows this. Also, with Gordon, Nocioni and Noah they are in great position for the future, if they can keep those young guys together.

Starting lineups after trade: Hinrich, Atkins (as undersized as Gordon, as good of a shooter as Gordon.. why not? at least until we get a better SG), Deng, Gasol, Wallace

Grizz: Conley, Gordon, Miller, Gay, Noah. VERY undersized with Miller and Gay both being more 2/3 as opposed to 3/4, but uber-athletic and quick, could give teams fits if they use the run-and-gun approach. Also, all of those players save Miller is relatively new to the league, with Gordon being the most experienced player.

After this trade (or before it.. this NEEDS to be done): sign JAMAL MAGLOIRE. A lot of people fail to remember his 13/10/2 year in Milwaukee when he was an All-star but this guy has all-star experience and potential. he would be a legit starting big man on this bulls team, as he can score AND defend (something none of their big men since Brand has been able to do) as well as rebound. He would make a SUPERB backup, as you should start Tyrus Thomas over him just for growth potential. But sign him.. NOW. No fiddling with Mikki Moore..

Moore is NOTHING compared to Magloire, I don't care what numbers you throw at me from last year... Magloire was never given a chance to shine, but when he does get his shot, he's a double-double waiting to happen.

As a disclaimer, I haven't looked up any salary cap issues (which are huge) so I don't know if the above trades work in terms of salary or not, and I don't know if the Bulls have enough cap space to sign magloire, so maybe none of this is possible. But just by eye-balling it, I think that the salary numbers for the trade should be relatively close (unless Atkins is seriously overpriced) and Magloire could definitely come at 3 mil a year or less, so that should be possible as well.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Memphis gets Darko - does this mean it would be easier for them to trade off Pau and start FRESH?

I think all the rookies will be on the team next year. I say PJ retires and we get Allen back just because he has a pretty good shot for a big man. Then try to get Mihm or Smith, either one could start or come off the bench and would help out.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Tyrus Thomas' number thru 3 summer league games:

29.3 mpg
15/35 FG - 42% FG
18/30 FT - 60% FT
9 rpg
3 apg
1.6 spg
4.6 bpg
16 ppg
2.3 TO
3.0 PF

Let's give him the starting 4 spot
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Tyrus Thomas is going to be awesome.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
Tyrus Thomas' number thru 3 summer league games:

29.3 mpg
15/35 FG - 42% FG
18/30 FT - 60% FT
9 rpg
3 apg
1.6 spg
4.6 bpg
16 ppg
2.3 TO
3.0 PF

Let's give him the starting 4 spot

with those numbers, he should be the starter.......but then again, itz only the summer league.......he's going up against the rooks and the backups.......we don't know exactly how he fares against the premiere players.........although, he did put up nice numbers last season and i think he will just get better this season.........

i wouldn't mind that lineup:

c - wallace
pf - thomas
sf - deng
sg - gordon
pg - hinrich

noah can back up thomas and maybe a center like magloire would be good to back up wallace rather than another power forward and have noah back up wallace..........

should be interesting in the next couple days to see who the bulls gonna end up signing.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
with those numbers, he should be the starter.......but then again, itz only the summer league.......he's going up against the rooks and the backups.......we don't know exactly how he fares against the premiere players.........although, he did put up nice numbers last season and i think he will just get better this season.........

i wouldn't mind that lineup:

c - wallace
pf - thomas
sf - deng
sg - gordon
pg - hinrich

noah can back up thomas and maybe a center like magloire would be good to back up wallace rather than another power forward and have noah back up wallace..........

should be interesting in the next couple days to see who the bulls gonna end up signing.........

i wish they would get magloire idk why we are not reaching out 2 him and i hope TT can play like that in the season. man that would be raw.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: