Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Question Why do employers pay their employees shit yet expect great work?

Pay me 8 dollars an hour and take a guess on what you're gonna get? 8 dollars an hour. As I've said before, minimum wage = minimum effort is the motto that I live by and you'd be a fool to not do the same. I see first time retail chumps come into the business all the time busting their ass and I can't do anything but laugh at them.

Today one of the new guys tried to tell me that me leaning against the wall with one leg bent backwards onto the wall and my arms crossed was intimidating customers. I couldn't help but laugh at how much this guy cared about this shitty job. All I said back was "no one cares man" and then a customer overheard and I got a customer complaint and got written up for it.

and you know what changed as a result of that write up? absolutely nothing. shit is hilarious when it actually works in scaring dumb employees into working harder.
    Last edited by russwest0; 11-30-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Default Re: Why do employers pay their employees shit yet expect great work?

And this attitude is why you'll keep making 8 dollars an hour.

Keep laughing, though.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Because there are people who are willing to do a shitty job efficiently for $8 an hour

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    And this attitude is why you'll keep making 8 dollars an hour.

Keep laughing, though.
    My floor right now looks better than that because I'm a junior in a college atm.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Because there are people who are willing to do a shitty job efficiently for $8 an hour
    you mean retards?

As long as you work hard at the important shit, then it really doesn't matter much. Your grocery store job is irrelevant in the grand scheme. Though someone like me works hard at shit that doesn't matter because I want people to be impressed by me, and thus I earn their respect and climb the social ladder. But hey, that's me

What are you majoring in?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    you mean retards?
    Nope. High school kids trying to make a buck, or mexicans willing to work for extra cheap.

If you have a job that only pays $8 an hour, it's probably a shitty low-skill job like fast food. You don't deserve more than $8 an hour for flipping a burger at the right time.

NBA Superstar

im trying to get on at a home improvement retail store being the guy who just helps customers take shit out all day.

they make 10 an hour and it sounds like my type of job. stand around near the door, scope out all the hot ass that walks in, help guys carry their wood out to their truck, maybe they'll have a hot daughter with them.

damn, this sounds like my dream job I need to be more aggressive in leaving my current one.

My floor right now looks better than that because I'm a junior in a college atm.
    It doesn't matter what you do, you gotta give your best effort. If you're gonna half ass the shit that you do, why do it at all?

Chances are even if you get your degree in whatever it is, you'll start at the bottom once again and it'll be up to you to separate from the other thousands of people in the same field, but you can't do that by being lazy. Hard work does pay off, buddy. Just don't develop that loser mindset. It'll take you absolutely nowhere in life.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    It doesn't matter what you do, you gotta give your best effort. If you're gonna half ass the shit that you do, why do it at all?

Chances are even if you get your degree in whatever it is, you'll start at the bottom once again and it'll be up to you to separate from the other thousands of people in the same field, but you can't do that by being lazy. Hard work does pay off, buddy. Just don't develop that loser mindset. It'll take you absolutely nowhere in life.
    I understand what you're saying. If this were my career I'd probably take it more seriously. Although working these jobs you are surrounded by people who have this as their career and they don't do shit.

I worked at a Kmart a few years back and an old lady had worked there for 20 years and then they lowered her pay from 7.50 to 7.25 and she quit. These jobs suck dick and the employers don't give a **** about you, so why give a **** in return? So many people don't get it.

The other day right before I left for work I decided to smoke a keef bowl.... strolled into work high as f*ck and was having the greatest time. All while getting paid

I understand what you're saying. If this were my career I'd probably take it more seriously. Although working these jobs you are surrounded by people who have this as their career and they don't do shit.

I worked at a Kmart a few years back and an old lady had worked there for 20 years and then they lowered her pay from 7.50 to 7.25 and she quit. These jobs suck dick and the employers don't give a **** about you, so why give a **** in return? So many people don't get it.

The other day right before I left for work I decided to smoke a keef bowl.... strolled into work high as f*ck and was having the greatest time. All while getting paid
    You'll get it one day

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    As long as you work hard at the important shit, then it really doesn't matter much. Your grocery store job is irrelevant in the grand scheme. Though someone like me works hard at shit that doesn't matter because I want people to be impressed by me, and thus I earn their respect and climb the social ladder. But hey, that's me

What are you majoring in?
    Elaborate.

I can't help but agree with OP and Budadaii. Anyone who says he should work harder at $8 an hour is an idiot. There's no point working harder at sh*t pay. At the end of the day, you're still making sh*t pay. It's better to spend all that extra hard work on finding a better career.

If you find pride working at low wages and are content, then you won't get very far in life. Fact. Being disgruntle is a good thing. It is the only motivation OP has to find something better.

Sunshine State

I always work hard and it also benefits my co workers, I'm a great team mate and they do the same for me.

You should take pride in everything you do in life. If you can't take pride in your work, maybe you should find another job.