Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #2191
$LakerGold
Home of the 16
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Rumors say they've been offered a 1st rounder for Clarkson and turned it down.
Late 1st rounder?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #2192
bladefd
NBA lottery pick
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Rumors say they've been offered a 1st rounder for Clarkson and turned it down.

From Pelicans right? Huge mistake by Magic and the FO to turn that down. With Cousins injury, they are going to lose games. I won't be surprised if it's a mid-1st round pick in a very deep draft - possibly top 15 pick. Big big mistake passing that up if true..

Pelicans dealt that to Chicago for Mirotic. Lakers screwed up.

Last edited by bladefd : 02-07-2018 at 03:50 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #2193
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Yeah, they should have taken it. Although someone broke down how much money it really would have saved LA. They obviously would have needed to have NO send a player. I think with that and the pick it just wasn't worth the small cap savings they would have had.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #2194
bladefd
NBA lottery pick
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Yeah, they should have taken it. Although someone broke down how much money it really would have saved LA. They obviously would have needed to have NO send a player. I think with that and the pick it just wasn't worth the small cap savings they would have had.

But the pick alone is worth it. Clarkson has no future with this team because we don't need another pure scorer with Kuzma off the bench. That's for playoff teams looking for a 6th man or offensive oriented teams desperate for a scorer. We are none of those and are not getting anything of value close to that for Clarkson again.

I think the issue was Magic had Clarkson pegged as 6th man, saying to go win 6th man of the year. He is not winning that especially not with this team. Now we lose even more value for Clarkson.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #2195
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I was wondering if the Lakers would do this to dump some salary. They traded for Isiah Thomas and sent Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr to the Cavs. I have to assume this helps free things up for them to keep Randle around too. The good news is they got Cleveland's first round pick. Also Channing Frye was thrown in.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #2196
bladefd
NBA lottery pick
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I was wondering if the Lakers would do this to dump some salary. They traded for Isiah Thomas and sent Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr to the Cavs. I have to assume this helps free things up for them to keep Randle around too. The good news is they got Cleveland's first round pick. Also Channing Frye was thrown in.

Good trade! Let's hope Cleveland loses more games and goes full turmoil. I am hoping pick rises into top 18-19 range

IT/Frye are rentals/expiring contracts
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #2197
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I think Cleveland actually looks far better now than they did before. They are the favorites to go to the finals. They got the youth they needed and added some outside shooting. We can hope they don't get it together though haha. Definitely clear the Lakers were trying to clear out cap space. IT must be bummed. I guess the one thing we can hope for is that he will be super motivated now. He wants to get a big contract. We all know it won't be with the Lakers since Ball is the PG of the future here. He's going to have to prove himself to every team in the NBA more than ever now.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #2198
bladefd
NBA lottery pick
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think Cleveland actually looks far better now than they did before. They are the favorites to go to the finals. They got the youth they needed and added some outside shooting. We can hope they don't get it together though haha. Definitely clear the Lakers were trying to clear out cap space. IT must be bummed. I guess the one thing we can hope for is that he will be super motivated now. He wants to get a big contract. We all know it won't be with the Lakers since Ball is the PG of the future here. He's going to have to prove himself to every team in the NBA more than ever now.

His agent texted ESPN's Rachel Nichols that IT must start for the Lakers or IT wants a buyout. He is not willing to come off the bench. Oh boy. Hasn't even come to Lakers and making demands...

He is surely not starting over Lonzo, and he isn't able to play 2-guard while 5'7. Potential drama.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #2199
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
His agent texted ESPN's Rachel Nichols that IT must start for the Lakers or IT wants a buyout. He is not willing to come off the bench. Oh boy. Hasn't even come to Lakers and making demands...

He is surely not starting over Lonzo, and he isn't able to play 2-guard while 5'7. Potential drama.

That is drama. I could see him and Lonzo playing together. But with IT being so ball dominant that doesn't really suit Ball's strengths of being a play maker. IT didn't have a no trade clause so it's not like he could have made any demands. He was getting sent to whatever team the Cavs wanted and it didn't really matter what he wanted. Pretty good deal for the Cavs. The Lakers are clearly worse for the rest of this season. This move was more about the long term cap space for them.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #2200
bladefd
NBA lottery pick
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I don't like what I am seeing from IT.. And we are only 2nd full game in with him. I really want to give him a benefit of the doubt, but I have a bad feeling going forward this season.

-Can't play defense, opponents are targeting whoever IT is defending
-not good passer
-turns over the ball too much
-makes huge mistakes that no player with high basketball IQ would ever make
-Can't make shots on the offensive end

Some of what I am seeing from him makes me frustrated, and we are only 3 games in so far. These are not all things related to the hip injury or LeBron ball - some of the turnovers he makes are infuriating and inexcusable. Just throws the ball into traffic without even waiting for the play to develop. He is forcing things out there, feels like he is playing for his contract rather than to win games.

I think this speaks volumes of the greatness of Coach Stevens and his system. We also don't have the personnel to hide IT on the defensive end like Celtics did last 2 years. Every blemish is being exposed around ITs game because he no longer has a great system or veteran personnel to cover his weaknesses behind. I was frustrated by Clarkson's defense but seeing IT out there makes Clarkson look like Gary Payton lol.. It was frustrating everytime IT was on the court turning over the ball and cringing watching him play defense. Now I understand why Cavs fans were so frustrated by IT..

I really hope Lonzo returning next week cuts ITs minutes down to 20mpg or less. I want us to stick to Lonzo/kcp/Ingram/Randle/lopez as starting 5, Hart 6th man, Kuzma getting big minutes too, some minutes to Zubac to backup Lopez - I don't want Lopez playing more than 25 mpg. That's how we were winning games so let's return to that. Give Frye, Brewer and IT some minutes with 2nd unit.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:23 PM   #2201
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

All we can hope is that he has something to prove and actually steps up. I don't know that anybody likes the defense from a PG under 6'. Offensively he should be better. I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening this summer when he doesn't get that big offer that he was hoping for.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy