Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Vince Carter says his play has been "terrible"

Quote:
"I want to do more for my team, be more consistent. I want to cut down on some of my turnovers. I think I had five -- that's too many. I know I have the ball in my hands a lot and it happens. But it's something I can't sit with. We're playing at the end of the season. I consider it money time. I expect myself to play that way."
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...arter_u_1.html

This is getting old.. He knows hes playing terrible, he keeps saying its playing terrible so why not do something about it? Its one thing to say your playing like trash but nothing changes if you continue to say it over and over again and still play like trash. You need to do something about it. We all know hes capable of scoring 20+ a night even though his athleticism is continuing to fall. He has the skills and the bball IQ to score. So it really angers me when he fades away 5-6 times a game when he can just drive to the hoop and draw a foul. Whenever Vince is being bashed, I'm one of the first guys to defend him but theres really not much to defend anymore. Harris isnt gonna score 35+ every night.

Nonetheless.... I am still behind Vince and expect him to have a strong game tonight vs the Hornets.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Vince Carter says his play has been "terrible"

So he begins by saying that he needs to step it up for team. How? By limiting his turnovers.......

Every star turns it over. Kobe, LeBron, Chris Paul, DEVIN HARRIS, etc. That's the product of being aggressive and putting the game into your hands. It's only natural. I can accept a few turnovers here and there, because at least I know that you're trying.

The moment I feel like he gets it, I realize that he doesn't. He fundamentally does not get it. He does not get his role on this team. Franchise player, not role player.

I've accepted the fact that Vince will never get it, because that's who he is.

The thing that really bothers me though is how casual he is. Not caring about being benched. Not caring about not making the allstar team. I can understand if he'd rather not play to heal, but he got snubbed. And he's treating the situation like it were a flee on his back. This guy is so nonchalant about everything, it's unbelievable. It's like nothing motivates him.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i hope you guys turn around and give carter some props after he talked the talk and walked the walk for you.

unfortunately chandler and west killed us.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well Vince finally shows up today.
26 points
3 rebounds
3 assists
2 steals
1 block

Harris also had a monster game of 26 and 14.

This just proves how dangerous we are if both players do well. We have the ability to beat any team if Harris and Carter both have there natural games.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i hope you guys turn around and give carter some props after he talked the talk and walked the walk for you.

unfortunately chandler and west killed us.
Turnovers at the end really killed us. I can live with West scoring cause he basically scored every single point for the Hornets in the 4th. If not for that Paul steal (which was a great play) I think we would have won. Also that Chandler tap out sealed it. Why was Vince on Chandler? *Face palms*
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well i'm looking for the overall pattern, and the overall pattern is that chandler (besides west), particularly earlier in the game, changed a lot of shots and helped them build that big lead of 10 points or so that the nets had to struggle to overcome.

turnovers come and go all the time but what was consistent to me was that lopez picked up a lot of fouls and yi was almost totally ineffective. this might have been a good game to give boone some minutes.

so at the bottom of the balance sheet, these things are what cost the game IMO.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I couldn't see the game, but judging by the boxscore, I can see he was very active tonight. So, I give him his props. But why this game? Why wasn't he like this in previous games?

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 03-01-2009 at 09:55 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Why wasn't he like this in previous games?
everyone has always said "desire", but my theory is "stamina".
that probably doesn't mean much by itself, but at some point i'll try to put together an editorial or something. :P
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: