Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: San Antonio vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
maybe if they spotted us 20 pts in the 4th quarter.

Only 20 points? Weren't the Cavs behind by more than that during the 2nd game?!!? (I'm not saying that the Cats would beat SA, only that the Cats would play harder and more successfully against SA than the Cavs have. At least so far.)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Thats assuming the Cavs have not been playing hard, and with it being the NBA finals Im fairly certain their playing as hard as they possibly can. San Antonion is just far too good for the Cavaliers to handle. Cleveland is pretty much fairly better than we are, so Im pretty sure we would get destroyed even worse than Cleveland.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #18
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Thats assuming the Cavs have not been playing hard, and with it being the NBA finals Im fairly certain their playing as hard as they possibly can. San Antonion is just far too good for the Cavaliers to handle. Cleveland is pretty much fairly better than we are, so Im pretty sure we would get destroyed even worse than Cleveland.

I guess that you're right. It just wasn't obvious over the first two games but it was obvious in the 3rd game that, for now at least, the Cavs are a stronger team than the Cats.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #19
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Question Re: San Antonio vs Cleveland

Well guys--what should we expect tonight? I honestly don't expect the Cavs to roll over and play dead but I sure hope that their coach has been busy with some decent coaching since the last game. I mean, why put all the problems on LeBron when decent coaching would have given the players insight into the Spurs play and ways to play against the Spurs defense.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #20
BobCatsFanInTx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BobCatsFanInTx has an OK reputation so far

Now that the finals are over I can't help but think how Cleveland had their chances to make a series out of this finals and failed. Lebron was overwhelmed by 5 on 1 situations but the reality is that Lebron didn't get near the help from his teammates that he got in his teams run to the finals.

Though against Detroit he showed a slight sign of Jordan type greatness, especially in game 5, his youth and overall inexperience showed against the Spurs. When Lebron was not able to drive inside or get a clean look at the hoop he set his teammates up for plenty of open looks and nothing would fall. If the Cavs would have dropped half their missed shots they could have at least expanded the series to six games. The Spurs did not play particularly good basketball either and are lucky the Cav's and Lebron didn't wake up and play better basketball then the Spurs did. On defense, the Cav's gave up way to many drives to the paint by Parker and should have at some point shut him down. It's not as if Ginobili and Duncan were playing lights out.

Well to sum this all up, Cleveland went cold shooting and they then went cold in all other aspects of the game as a result. If Cleveland does RISE UP they had a good shot in this series. Cleveland and Lebron match up with the Spurs better than 4 games to none but inexperience and nerves played a part. For that reason I would much rather have seen Detroit in the finals.

IMO,the Cavaliers will finish no worse than the Eastern Conference Finals next year and have a good shot at winning it all next year. Experience goes a long way and the Cavaliers now have it. If Cleveland falters in the east the Wizards will be right there. If they stay healthy.
BobCatsFanInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #21
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

theres a 15% chance Cleveland wins it all next year and a .054% chance Washington makes it to the finals.

Thats how sad the eastern conference is.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #22
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Three words: Spurs, Mavericks, Suns

They have all the talent, not to mention guys like Carmelo Anthony, AI, Kobe, and KG are in the west as well.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: