Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is atleast a top 5 player all time. proof

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    your problem is you look at everything individually and say "well this one thing isnt gonna make me say this guy is a top 5 player"

thats the thing. if i list 20 things that a guy does that nobody else did. sure theyre just one thing individually. but combined they mean allot

yeah scoring 80+ isnt gonna put kobe in the top 5

but add it to 20 other things... and things suddenly look more promising

this is why i'm inteligent. and you're a retard.

this is why kobe fans are knowledgeable. and you're not

because we look at everything as a whole. we factor in CAREERS

and not just "well this guy has 1 more mvp award. he must be better"

that mentality is reserved for nitwits, delusional lebron worshippers

why? because its all lebron has over most people all time. he has that 1 favourable thing because hes likeable

espn worships the guy so all their writers vote for him

but i don't blame you for pushing an agenda and being illogical

you suffer from retardation
    lol...youre the one being illogical and i see youve resorted to personal attacks since you dont have an argument...

if a guy scores 80+ in a game it's reflected in his averages...its redundant....if a guy who doesnt score 80 points in a game but averages the same it means he was more consistent...why exactly is single game explosiveness better than consistency?

and i never said other players are better because of more mvps....other players are better because theyre better at basketball

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Correct. 12-15 range is about right for Bryant.

Couple knocks against him:

-Missed the playoffs in his prime
    -Won the majority of his championships as a sidekick
    -One-way player that never impacted the game on the defensive end
    -Never won MVP + Finals MVP in the same season(MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Lebron, Hakeem, Moses all did this)
    - Never was individually dominant enough to accumulate enough accolades to put him in the top ten. MVP+Finals MVP tally:

11 - MJ
    8 - Kareem
    6 - Magic
    6 - Lebron
    5 - Russell
    5 - Duncan
    5 - Bird
    5 - Wilt
    4 - Shaq
    4 - Moses Malone
    3 - Hakeem
    3 - Kobe
    theres more to basketball than media awards

and any list that has moses over kobe/hakeem is pretty bad

moses malone has never been on anyones top 10 list.

and no person with any remote sense of intelligence will say moses = shaq

so moses is only 1 behind wilt chamberlain?

lol where does nash rank? wouldnt he be a top 15 player all time then

NBA lottery pick

if anyone can have the most consecutive allstar games. ( which kobe even had before last year ) then why don't more people have that many?

why don't more people have 4 allstar mvps

why don't more people have 12 threes in a game. why is it irrelevant? if jordan did it his fans would legitimize it. they worship his 6 threes for godsake ( the shrug )

HOW.... pray tell... is being the only man to outscore a team by himself ... EVER... irrelevant?

its one of kobes biggest games ever. against a WCF champ too

how is having the 5th most finals mvps out of his top 10-11 competitors irrelevant?

so anything that favors kobe is irrelevant?

total season mvps???... so you wanna take off that ranking? ok itel only boost his average ranking if you think mvps are useless.. i agree but i wanted to give people a chance by listing one of the only things he had no control over.

scoring 81 ( the 2nd most ever ) is irrelevant?

because its so easy to score 80+? ... anyone can do that

the great michael jordan only scored 61 points through 4 quarters in his entire life

2nd most 60's, 3rd most 50's, 3rd most 40's

again.. how is being one of the 2-3 best scorers in nba history irrelevant?

anything that favors kobe = irrelevant

Honestly Kobe has a top 5 resume which is undisputed. I rank him with the 4th best resume of all time. I give him the 12th best peak play of all time. So overall 4+12 = 16/2 = 8. Kobe is the eighth best player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Who has the most Tuesday points of all time?
    Let's get down to business guys.

Who has the most Christmas MVP's?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    lol...youre the one being illogical and i see youve resorted to personal attacks since you dont have an argument...

if a guy scores 80+ in a game it's reflected in his averages...its redundant....if a guy who doesnt score 80 points in a game but averages the same it means he was more consistent...why exactly is single game explosiveness better than consistency?

and i never said other players are better because of more mvps....other players are better because theyre better at basketball

sorry. but being able to score 80 is ... believe it or not... impressive

highly impressive and noteworthy.

its insanely difficult to score that high of a percentage of your teams total output and be efficient/win a game. it takes an incredible amount of skill

the reason you don't find single game records or milestones impressive is because it doesn't fit your agenda

most players would chuck their teams into a 30 point hole or be at 35% for the game if they tried to go for 81.

it takes allot of endurance, mental toughness, will, determination, skill, stamina, pressure, guts, and DOMINANCE to drop even just 60 points

80 is unthinkable in modern basketball

you're just too god damn stubborn to admit it

Top 1 Bball Mind.

its insanely difficult to score that high of a percentage of your teams total output and be efficient/win a game. it takes an incredible amount of skill

the reason you don't find single game records or milestones impressive is because it doesn't fit your agenda

most players would chuck their teams into a 30 point hole or be at 35% for the game if they tried to go for 81.

it takes allot of endurance, mental toughness, will, determination, skill, stamina, pressure, guts, and DOMINANCE to drop even just 60 points

It is impressive....Kobe is probably the most explosive single game scorer of all time...when he's on he's unstoppable...but as i said like 3 times his single game exploits are reflected by his averages....if he averaged the same without those games it would just mean he was more consistent...not better not worse...

NBA lottery pick

Kobe haters will never factor in resume when it comes to rankings. It doesn't fit their agenda. A resume ranking is much more objective than a peak play rank so they will never factor it in. There is no argument against Kobe having a top 5 resume of all time. Your mistake is you don't factor in peak play. I give equal weight to both. Kobe- 4th best resume + 12th best peak/impact =
    4+12 = 16/2 = 8. Kobe is the 8th best player of all time.

Just imagine NBA without Kobe after MJ's departure...

Never mind, because it's not possible!

Banned

It is impressive....Kobe is probably the most explosive single game scorer of all time...when he's on he's unstoppable...but as i said like 3 times his single game exploits are reflected by his averages....if he averaged the same without those games it would just mean he was more consistent...not better not worse...
    scoring 30 is impressive

scoring 40 is really impressive

scoring 50 is usually the most impressive of the season

scoring 60 is more often than not the most impressive game in many seasons for any player all time not named kobe, jordan, wilt

scoring 70 is unthinkable ( a few guys did it )

scoring 80 is something even wilt only did once. ( the night he dropped 100 ) ... which is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most amazing single game accomplishment in modern basketball

scoring 100 is the only thing anyone can possible have over kobe. and it has no hard evidence. was done in an era lacking rules, regulations, competition and witness's

in a nutshell... its not how you would put it

"impressive"

hitting a tough shot in the corner double teamed is "impressive"

your ability to pretend like you know anything about basketball ( reinforced by you having to state that fact below your name as a "#1 basketball, nfl mind" ) only furthers the evidence in my favor that you have to play up to your false perception.

just take it easy bro. you can give credit where its due. its not like you have anything to fear. kobe isnt in line for goat status. not without 2 more rings and a few more records... so its not like you have to diminish every single aspect of his game and career

Decent college freshman

lol where does nash rank? wouldnt he be a top 15 player all time then
    Prime Kobe went 0-2 against prime Nash. Maybe you should show Steve some more respect.

NBA lottery pick

LOL @ kennethgriffin and roundmound avoiding my replies like the plague.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

scoring 30 is impressive

scoring 40 is really impressive

scoring 50 is usually the most impressive of the season

scoring 60 is more often than not the most impressive game in many seasons for any player all time not named kobe, jordan, wilt

scoring 70 is unthinkable ( a few guys did it )

scoring 80 is something even wilt only did once. ( the night he dropped 100 ) ... which is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most amazing single game accomplishment in modern basketball

scoring 100 is the only thing anyone can possible have over kobe. and it has no hard evidence. was done in an era lacking rules, regulations, competition and witness's

in a nutshell... its not how you would put it

"impressive"
    im obviously speaking relative to the other guys on that list...not the average nba player..and i used impressive because you said: "sorry. but being able to score 80 is ... believe it or not... impressive highly impressive and noteworthy. "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Kobe haters will never factor in resume when it comes to rankings. It doesn't fit their agenda. A resume ranking is much more objective than a peak play rank so they will never factor it in. There is no argument against Kobe having a top 5 resume of all time. Your mistake is you don't factor in peak play. I give equal weight to both. Kobe- 4th best resume + 12th best peak/impact =
    4+12 = 16/2 = 8. Kobe is the 8th best player of all time.

the funny thing is.. peak play/top seasons only seem to factor in when discussing kobe ( even though he had a spectacular peak averaging 35 a game, 4 straight 50+ games, multiple months averaging 40+, absolute best offensive player in the nba and a 1st team all defender aswell. dropping 62 in three q's. 81 in a game. then fallowing it up with back to back titles and finals mvps..

seems like a good peak to me

but if people wanna just focus on the absolute best season or 2 seasos and not count a "prime"

then jordan isnt even top 5

you'd have to put

- wilt
    - baylor
    - oscar
    - shaq
    - hakeem

all ahead of jordan. they had better absolute peaks

and if you just look at career resumes. its arguable that russell and kareem have a better overall total of things

so jordan is a 3 career and a 6 peak

averaging out to around the 4th or 5th best player ever

but even if you said "jordan had the best career"

thats still between 1 and 6.. which is 3rd best ever

see? anyone can use b*llshit

but nobody talks with such ignorant formulas when trying to boost a player they favor

because 20 years are more valuable than 1 single season or 2 seasons of statistics

Banned

im obviously speaking relative to the other guys on that list...not the average nba player..and i used impressive because you said: "sorry. but being able to score 80 is ... believe it or not... impressive highly impressive and noteworthy. "
    i was being sarcastic.. because you originally said scoring 80+ is irrelevant

me taking a dump is irrelevant to you

you basically compared my bowel movements to the greatest regular season perfomance in nba history

epic f&cking retard ladies and gentleman

Top 1 Bball Mind.

i was being sarcastic.. because you originally said scoring 80+ is irrelevant

me taking a dump is irrelevant to you

you basically compared my bowel movements to the greatest regular season perfomance in nba history

epic f&cking retard ladies and gentleman
    in the grand scheme of ranking players all time it is irrelevant since its factored in to his averages....as an individual event it was probably the best single game performance ive ever seen live (happened against my raptors)..