Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Canada scales back Syrian refugee program.No single men unless they are gay or tranny

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    No I'm pretty sure they're saying women are less proficient At being murderous suicidal terrorists
    I thought these people were "refugees" not terrorists?

Banned

Default Re: Canada scales back Syrian refugee program.No single men unless they are gay or tranny

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    No I'm pretty sure they're saying women are less proficient At being murderous suicidal terrorists
    Aren't they all peace loving refugees fleeing their war town homelands and seeking a safe life? Why is Canada saying that men aren't allowed to flee their wartorn homeland, but women and children are? Are male refugees not entitled to happy and peaceful lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Aren't they all peace loving refugees fleeing their war town homelands and seeking a safe life? Why is Canada saying that men aren't allowed to flee their wartorn homeland, but women and children are? Are male refugees not entitled to happy and peaceful lives?
    most of the woman and children were left behind

I think it's pretty obvious after the french attacks that western countries have a different outlook on the possible danger regarding these refugees. Last think a new elected government wants is an attack in which they find a link to refugees they did a poor job screening.

So not sure what's the point behind your sarcastically surprised response.

Banned

Only men can be terrorists. Women and children can't.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I have a problem with so many of these "refugees" being young dudes of fighting age, their asses should be back home fighting against ISIS to get their country back. They should only let women and children in, IMO.

Ted Cruz & Marco Rubios Fathers should have been back in Cuba fighting as well then.

Hundreds of thousands of Cuban men have fled the Island & sit in Miami sipping Espressos cursing Fidel & Che & trying to get the US to do their dirty work( getting rid of Fidel).

Yet Cubans have privileged immigration status in the US.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Three too many bro. This is OUR country. We dont need to put a single life at risk for these people.

We can take refugees and immigrants from countries that share our culture or are at least similar. Those who dont share our culture can take refuge in countries more similar to their own. Thats it and thats all.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    Ted Cruz & Marco Rubios Fathers should have been back in Cuba fighting as well then.

Hundreds of thousands of Cuban men have fled the Island & sit in Miami sipping Espressos cursing Fidel & Che & trying to get the US to do their dirty work( getting rid of Fidel).

Yet Cubans have privileged immigration status in the US.

The difference is Cubans don't bring a radically different religion and value system. There are few to no anti-US terrorists in their mix. It's a completely different situation.

This is our country and we don't have to pretend everyone outside it is the same.

This is great. An initial screening process in the first refugee country and a focus on the most vulnerable, most at risk groups. They are not saying "no men", they are saying they only have place for a limited number and they are going to help the most vulnerable people first. That is good, very benevolent.

Much better than the system most European countries have.

I'm sure if there was a society where men were treated as livestock and vast numbers of them have been completely abandoned by their families, they would be first in line as refugees in Canada. But in Syria it happens to be the other way around.
    Last edited by LJJ; 11-25-2015 at 05:36 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    This is great. An initial screening process in the first refugee country and a focus on the most vulnerable, most at risk groups. They are not saying "no men", they are saying they only have place for a limited number and they are going to help the most vulnerable people first. That is good, very benevolent.

I'm sure if there was a society where men were treated as livestock and vast numbers of them have been completely abandoned by their families, they would be first in line as refugees in Canada. But in Syria it happens to be the other way around.

Help me to understand something tho, bc I cant seem to get a clear answer on this.

If these refugees are peaceful people, fleeing oppressors and persecution... And the people oppressing them and persecuting them ALSO hate the West... Then rather than crowd our shores further with refugees, why dont we just immediately WIPE OUT whatever faction or governments that are causing these problems? If the answer is "omg casualties", arent all these conflicts and hostile regumes ALREADY producing casualities?? So whats really the difference? One approach keeps everything conflicted in perpetuity, the other eliminates the problem groups right away.

What is the deal here? What is the issue??

Wouldn't the most vulnerable people be the persecuted minority groups like Christians and Yazidis?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Wouldn't the most vulnerable people be the persecuted minority groups like Christians and Yazidis?
    The Yazidis you hear about are from Iraq, I don't really know if they are part of the "Syrian refugee program". It's a different stream of refugees at least.

The Christians not really. The vast majority of the Syrian refugees come from the parts of Syria where conservative Sunni Islam reigns, that is where the rebels come from and where the rebels are strongest and the part of the country that is the most destroyed from the war. Non Sunni Muslims in Syria don't really live in these areas. The Christian communities are mostly embedded in "Assad" territory, where they are quite safe.

One thing to note at that is that if there is any chance of IS or the FSA rebels "winning" in Syria, we definitely will see a new mass exodus of Christian, minority and Shia refugees though.
    Last edited by LJJ; 11-25-2015 at 07:20 PM.

The Yazidis you hear about are from Iraq, I don't really know if they are part of the "Syrian refugee program". It's a different stream of refugees at least.
    So, only Syrian refugees matter and Iraqis can go fcuk themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    This honestly cannot be real. It has to be some kind of rouse that the media mistakenly thought was legit and picked up on.

"Only LGBT men can come over?"

Is this honestly where the western world is now?? My goodness..
    It really is crazy, legit 5 years ago ***** were still outcasts...and now it seems like they are the dominant group who no one can make fun of and everyone is accepting of. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    So, only Syrian refugees matter and Iraqis can go fcuk themselves?
    The article in the OP is about the Syrian refugee program.

"What about the Iraqis, Somalis, Ecuadorians, Filipinos?" I don't know dude. It's not what the article is about.