Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #16
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

the only reason u say that iverson deserves it more is because you're a philly fan. they both deserve it about the same, they both are die hard type of players and both are veterans that will start declining sooner or later. the next 3 seasons u will see who comes closer or actually achieves a championship.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
04mzwach

Garnett is higher on the totem pole than Iverson though
Old 08-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #18
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

did i say deserve? i said more worthy, not deserve. Iverson can take over a game much more than garnett can, and u just won't admit that cuz ur a minnesota fan. U guys have a 0% shot at winning the title, same with us. We have a good chance at playoffs, u guys have an ok chance. I guarantee we beat u guys when we play u, jus like we swept u last year. U obviously don't kno much about basketball cuz u think minnesota can win a title or do ANYTHING in the playoffs. Think for a second, u get to play, as the 6th, 7th or 8th seed, the suns, spurs, or mavericks. Theres no way in hell ull get 5th, and same with 6th. So IMO u will play phoenix or Dallas and get beat in 4 or 5. U have no shot at winning a first round series, get over it and go overhype garnett somewhere else. The only time he got close to the finals was when he had sam cassell and latrell sprewell on his side, the time ai went there his only other offensive option was mutumbo, and he averaged like 12 a game. He can do more than garnett can, maybe not in stats overall, but he can do more with less, and if u think thats incorrect then...like i said earlier...u dont no schit about basketball
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #19
04mzwach

if u make the playoffs...u have a chance...put a big athletic guy on iverson, done deal. put 2 guys on garnett, doesnt work. the suns would be tough but now that we have more scorers, its possible...the lakers almost did it for god sake. the suns are a toss-up i guess, depending on how amare plays. u forgot what garnett can do with a bad supporting cast. i know the talent has gotten better but this is a lot better supporting cast than with sprewell and cassell. i know cassell, u cant replace him but we have a way better sprewell in ricky davis. garnett can take over a game entirely, he just doesnt do it. he is a team player unlike iverson. u know garnett could put up 30 a game cuz he shoots above 50 percent and nobody can stop him. lets say garnett puts up 30 a game this year, they would probably have a lot better chance at getting farther into the playoffs, but "will he do it?" probably not. it would be great though. i cant say u dont have a chance because if iguodala has a good year, u even have a chance. with webber and iverson, a lot of people were confused why it didn't work. the only thing u guys really need is defense, am i right? maybe a better bench. lets just make a bet who makes it farther and if we both get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs then so be it. we both have guys who jack up the ball all the time...iverson, mike james. if iverson shoots above 40% this year, then ill give him credit.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #20
04mzwach

12. Minnesota Timberwolves*
Mark my words: K.G. won’t let that crap happen again. With chemistry-killers Sammy and Spree picking up their cheques elsewhere, The Big Ticket, Wally, and new point guard Marko Jaric will have a clean slate with which to work. They might not challenge the big dogs this year, but they won’t play like Chihuahuas again either.

This was our power ranking before last years season...notice how wrong a lot of people can be of who will be on top and who won't....consider yourself one of them.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #21
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

guarantee im not wrong, and id bet u if i could, like i said earlier 200-1 odds
Old 08-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #22
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

LET ME START BY SAYIN THT "i am an iverson fan and i like garnett" and as i said that let me state that...SIXERS...are better than the wolves...PERIOD
I mean you have iverson(who in my mind is going to have the best year of his career and win MVP..BECUASE theres soo much talk of him getting old and getting traded) and you have Webber(who to be honest with you...yeah...he is past his prime..but you can easily put most of that blame on his knee..had his knee been okay...webber n iverson would be contenders themsleves...easy).Webber will step his game up alot this year because he knee is getting better and even though he is not the youngest guy webber still has alot of game left....if he diddnt then why would he be playing in the NBA and starting.... ...i mean ofcourse he is not what he used to be but Webber is still a top 25 guy in the leauge...i predict 23 and 11 for him..
as for iverson..i predict 35 and 7.5 and 3 steals..so dont sleep on the sixers.. i expect them to be in the playoffs...especially with the additions of Carney..nice pick up...plays defense and hits the 3..looks great in a line up with iggy...The WOLVES-the wolves at best...will be fighting for the last playoff seed...Garnett....is nice...YET...HE IS NOT A PLAYER THAT CAN GET IT DONE BY HIMSELF....I REPEAT HE IS NOT A PLAYER THAT CAN GET IT DONE BY HIMSELF...HE has showed that...i mean...so what if he gets double and triple teamed...what u think iverson,t-mac,kobe,wade get left open??or left with one deffender?? .....C'MON NOW....be serious... i mean dont get me wrong....i really like their additions...but its just not enough...... ........__NUFF SAID
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #23
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
LET ME START BY SAYIN THT "i am an iverson fan and i like garnett" and as i said that let me state that...SIXERS...are better than the wolves...PERIOD
I mean you have iverson(who in my mind is going to have the best year of his career and win MVP..BECUASE theres soo much talk of him getting old and getting traded) and you have Webber(who to be honest with you...yeah...he is past his prime..but you can easily put most of that blame on his knee..had his knee been okay...webber n iverson would be contenders themsleves...easy).Webber will step his game up alot this year because he knee is getting better and even though he is not the youngest guy webber still has alot of game left....if he diddnt then why would he be playing in the NBA and starting.... ...i mean ofcourse he is not what he used to be but Webber is still a top 25 guy in the leauge...i predict 23 and 11 for him..
as for iverson..i predict 35 and 7.5 and 3 steals..so dont sleep on the sixers.. i expect them to be in the playoffs...especially with the additions of Carney..nice pick up...plays defense and hits the 3..looks great in a line up with iggy...The WOLVES-the wolves at best...will be fighting for the last playoff seed...Garnett....is nice...YET...HE IS NOT A PLAYER THAT CAN GET IT DONE BY HIMSELF....I REPEAT HE IS NOT A PLAYER THAT CAN GET IT DONE BY HIMSELF...HE has showed that...i mean...so what if he gets double and triple teamed...what u think iverson,t-mac,kobe,wade get left open??or left with one deffender?? .....C'MON NOW....be serious... i mean dont get me wrong....i really like their additions...but its just not enough...... ........__NUFF SAID

amen, thank u for hopefully knockin some sense into this kids head cuz he is in complete denial
Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #24
04mzwach

u know theres really no way u can change my mind until i see it all play out. i dont pick the wolves competing for a title every single year, i just think we can make the playoffs and have a chance just like any other team, the superstars make the difference of wether the team makes it or not. i know the type of team we have and i think we can make the playoffs. i know we are better than the sixers. carney is a rookie.....................so what. he's no rookie of the year or anything, he's not suddenly changing your team. how many trades did u make before the deadline? u have a chance if iguodala has a breakout year...and thats it. with players like webber and AI, u cant say that the chemistry is gonna flow all of a sudden. Wolves are an all around better team, the only thing u got us beat on is rebounding and its pretty close offensively but i think we have u beat now. playerwise...on starters...im guessing u start korver, cuz if u dont start korver and your basically an offensive minded team...well...that just wouldnt make sense to start ollie...he's not even good...he's a bench player. i guess u rely on AI for most of your offense but...lets say korver starts..
PG- AI
SG- Korver
SF- Iguodala
PF- Webber
C- Dalembert or Hunter
and t-wolves pending rashad mccants coming back Jan. 1st like announced...
PG- James
SG- Davis
SF- Hassell
PF- Garnett
C- Griffin or Blount

plus our bench pretty much kills u offensively, with mccants and foye coming off the bench, we have 3 players; Davis, Hassell and Garnett who are known for their defense and Griffin who is known for blocking shots. not only is he that, he got his eyes fixed this summer, not saying it will change his game totally but it will help out his 3 point shot a lot...hopefully the whole escalade deal doesnt totally mess with his game this season like it probably will. but if he can start hitting those 3's again like he did his first 3 years. that will open up the middle a lot for slashers. It had to change his game some, because i dont see us keeping him otherwise. yeah, that's all i got.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 AM   #25
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

um...no...this is our lineup:

PG: Iverson
SG: Carney
SF: Iguodala
PF: Webber
C: Dalembert

Bench: Willie Green, Kyle Korver, Steven Hunter, Shavlik Randolph, Bobby Jones, Kevin Ollie

U guys set up like this:

PG: James
SG: Davis
SF: Hassell
PF: Garnett
C: Blount

bench: Foye, Jaric, Hudson, Griffin, Reed, Madsen (McCants if healthy)

We beat u at every position besides davis and garnett, and our big 2 is better than urs. Benchwise, green and foye at this point in their careers are very close, and dont say $hit about this cuz green scored 30 points with ai out 2 years ago, and had multiple 20 point games, the guy can fill it up. Korver is a double digit scorer off the pine, i dont think any1 on ur bench will do that...maybe foye but thats it. Griffin and Reed compared to Hunter and Randolph we win that. And Jaric and Hudson have talent but they are overpaid and underachieving. Plus...James and Davis will play 35 minutes per game with foye getting a big chunk of those so hudson wont play much, and jaric wont play nearly as much as he did last year. U guys arent better than us, so that definitely means ur not championship worthy, cuz we are nowhere near either.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:36 AM   #26
04mzwach

im just going to say i agree until u can see it through this coming season.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 AM   #27
04mzwach

im not speaking on us gettin a championship...just the playoffs and getting farther than your team
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: