Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #76
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Does Gerald Green deserves a 2nd look

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
If you said it after we cut him in the preseason this year, then it'd be a 3rd look, not a 2nd look. Which makes this entire thread pointless. Lakers have already given him his chances. He just chokes when it counts.

2nd look THIS SEASON......and NO, this thread is not pointless, he has very clearly proven himself AND in case you missed it because you failed to READ, he already hit at least 2 game winning shots.....not to even include several clutch shots in many games. It's obvious you are holding to very old arguments which have nothing to do with the present.......try watching him.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #77
DKLaker

http://nba247365.com/?p=5733

Quote:
What more can I say about Gerald Green? I’ve probably typed more characters about the guy than I have about any other player since he signed his first 10-day with the Nets. He continues to find ways to upstage himself, and I’m not even talking about highlights. As the Nets came back from 19 down to beat the Warriors at Oracle, Green dropped 9 of his 20 in the fourth quarter… including the game-winner… and the bucket before that. That’s correct–Green scored the last two buckets of the game for a team that features Deron Williams. He was the one that had it going tonight, making 8 of his 12 shots. Both of his clutch buckets came on strong takes to the rack. He tied the game with a thunderous right-handed dunk, and he put the Nets up by two with a gliding layup. Oh, and before he did any of that he crowned Brandon Rush king of pwnt village…
As the only person on earth who owns a Gerald Green jersey (still a safe assumption, right?), I must say that I’m pleased. Not even the arrival of Crash Wallace has been able to keep Green on the bench… he simply scores the ball too effectively. We’re talking 18 games of 12 PPG on 51% from the floor, here. That’s f@cking exceptional, and it seems that he’s even made the Nets a better team. Seriously, they’re 8-10 since he showed up (previously 10-25). It may not be “Linsanity,” but more people need to take notice of what this young man is doing. I don’t think there was a soul out there who hadn’t written him off. Now? I’ll be shocked if he’s not on a roster next season. I think this 18-game sample has clearly shown that he’s an NBA-caliber player. The only question is who’s watching?

BallsOut......... Education!!!!............ You're Welcome
Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #78
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
2nd look THIS SEASON......and NO, this thread is not pointless, he has very clearly proven himself AND in case you missed it because you failed to READ, he already hit at least 2 game winning shots.....not to even include several clutch shots in many games. It's obvious you are holding to very old arguments which have nothing to do with the present.......try watching him.

Green has proven himself in Jersey. What do you want the Lakers to do about it now? He was given 2 chances prior to his stint with Jersey to prove himself to the Lakers, but he choked. What should the Lakers do? Green's fate was in his hands, not the Lakers. Let's not say that the Lakers never gave him a chance. In fact, they gave him more than one chance. You'll get over it.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #79
DKLaker

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ets/index.html

This excellent Sports Illustrated article speaks volumes about the growth and maturity of Gerald Green.......I am VERY impressed with him, more from his character than even his outstanding play.
That low IQ thing is complete B.S.....this kid obviously has a good head on his shoulders!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #80
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Green has proven himself in Jersey. What do you want the Lakers to do about it now? He was given 2 chances prior to his stint with Jersey to prove himself to the Lakers, but he choked. What should the Lakers do? Green's fate was in his hands, not the Lakers. Let's not say that the Lakers never gave him a chance. In fact, they gave him more than one chance. You'll get over it.

Nobody said the Lakers didn't give him a chance....it doesn't even matter how many chances they had given him....let's call it 100.......if suddenly the guy gets it and is lighting up the gym, playing with veteran smarts, being a great teammate and doing everything right then you have to take note and give him a shot......especially if your bench cannot score, you have to take the extremely low risk salary......that's just intelligence. In baseball they have a multitude of minor league levels, there have been some guys who didn't get it right until 10-15 years in the minors yet made it to Major League stardom.
D-League and how to use it properly is still new to the NBA. Guys like Green will soon change the perceptions which will change the system.
Hopefully basketball fans will be smart enough to get it.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #81
DKLaker

Today Vs. Cleveland;
Gerald Green scored 32 points in 35 minutes!!!!!!!
On 11 for 18 shooting, 5 for 5 at the Ft line, 5 for 7 from the 3 point line

Clutch........he hit a HUGE 3 with 37 seconds left in a tie game only for Cleveland to tie it again with 3 seconds left in regulation.

Green iced the game with 2 free throws for a 122-117 win.

Any criticism from this point on is just ignorant and unintelligent.....sorry, he has more than proven himself.......he's the steal of the year.

Man, we could use him on our bench right now!!!!

The Nets got 70 points from the SG position!!!!!!!
Green 32, Morrow 24, Brooks 14......that is flat out amazing!!!!!

DWill had 18 points on 8 of 19 shooting

On another note....I always liked Shannon Brown and wanted him to stay.......do you realize we could use him now???

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #82
DKLaker

After 26 games, Gerald Green is the #1 SG in FG% in the entire NBA based on over at least 250 shot attempts.
Green is now 130 for 260 = 50% including 40% from 3's 36 of 90.
Only Steve Nash has a better % among All Guards PG & SG in the NBA.
He has been great in the clutch too.

Clearly THE steal of the season if if he doesn't make another shot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: