Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    College superstar

Default Re: GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    Kyrie: 21.7 pts, 3.1 rebounds, 6.2 assists,1.2 steals, .4 blocks, 2.6 to, on 42.7 fg% and and 36.2 3pt%
    John Wall: 19.8 pts, 4.4 rebounds, 8.5 assists, 2 steals, .5 blocks, 3.5 to, on 42.3 fg%, and 32.5 3pt%
    They play similar minutes and Walls stats aren't much better than Irvings. The Wizards record is better but Kyrie has to play in Cleveland so I don't think its fair to even hold that against him. Oh and Wall has been in the league longer. If he's better than Kyrie it isn't by much.
    And the Cavs are 7.5 points per 100poss worse defensively when Kyrie is on the floor. Saying he plays zero defense is probably kind. 7.5 is an insanely big number than almost no player could offset through their offensive play. And Kyrie isn't close. Which is why his +/- is among the worst in the league. Which is remarkable for a guy who is demanding max money AND demanding to go elsewhere. He has never led his team to a 35% winning % and is among the most injury prone 21 year olds ever.

He has a great skill set and could turn it around at any moment. But for now he doesn't get it and is insanely overrated.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    Ok and kyrie is much better at scoring and ball handling. That isn't debatable; however, John Wall having better court vision is. The Cavs are extremely inconsistent as a team but when they're playing well and Kyrie is passing he looks like a very capable passer. Wall will always be better defensively but Kyrie is going to end up much better than him offensively.
    If you include passing as a component of offense Kyrie and John will probably end up pretty to close each other in total offensive impact in their primes. And of course John is appreciably better defensively than Kyrie on and off the ball, he rebouds better than Kyrie, and he plays a style of game that appears to be more conducive to winning than Kyrie (he creates tons of scoring chances for his teammates throughout the game, something that keeps them involved on that end and happy in their roles which facilitates team unity). I'd take Wall over Irving a 100 times out of 100 tbh.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegr8
    If you include passing as a component of offense Kyrie and John will probably end up pretty to close each other in total offensive impact in their primes. And of course John is appreciably better defensively than Kyrie on and off the ball, he rebouds better than Kyrie, and he plays a style of game that appears to be more conducive to winning than Kyrie (he creates tons of scoring chances for his teammates throughout the game, something that keeps them involved on that end and happy in their roles which facilitates team unity). I'd take Wall over Irving a 100 times out of 100 tbh.

Prior to the season starting didn't most people have Cleveland where Washington is in the standing now and vice versa. Not gonna hate on Kyrie he is obviously in a tough situation but Wall deserves props on his play this season. I just wish people wouldn't be so negative vs. potential stars in the making. Maybe i'm overrating what media chatter does to them but seems like even super stars like Kobe/Bron have their play influenced by media heads.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    And that GM would be fired.
    /thread