Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike brown

Default Mike brown

Needs to be fired.

Dude is a jackass. I swear. I've been givin him the benefit of the doubt.
    AFTER TONIGHT, benching your best player in a close game?

GTFOH, you're a new coach who isn't proven.
    You're benching 16 years of greatness, 16 years of perfection and excellence. Hard work, etc. dude has BEEN the lakers for 16 years.

You aren't shit. He CAN'T COACH. Offensively, he can't make plays. He can't come up with consistent or good rotations.

And benching Kobe was stupid. Not even Phil would hav done that. Stupid On so many different levels. It's your best player and he gives you the best chance to win. If you think it'll go away, you're wrong.

I'm starting it now. With the addition of sessions and our big 3.

WE WANT SLOAN!

Default Re: Mike brown

Now go to your bench!

I was shocked...but I dunno...trouble ahead I think

I used to defend him a lot and I tried giving the benefit of the doubt on every occasion.

After reading Kobe's comments, and then seeing that Kobe didn't actually have a bad shooting game today, I am now on the middle boat that perhaps maybe the front office needs to get in there and investigate this issue. Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.

So we need to examine why Mike did this, and if it was literally because he was in disagreement, then he shouldn't be coach. He gave Lebron whatever he wanted, but he seems to be a little different with Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I used to defend him a lot and I tried giving the benefit of the doubt on every occasion.

After reading Kobe's comments, and then seeing that Kobe didn't actually have a bad shooting game today, I am now on the middle boat that perhaps maybe the front office needs to get in there and investigate this issue. Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.

So we need to examine why Mike did this, and if it was literally because he was in disagreement, then he shouldn't be coach. He gave Lebron whatever he wanted, but he seems to be a little different with Kobe.

Somewhere, DK IS smiling. Lol

Link please?

I'd like to read Kobe's input

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.
    I disagree with this. It was a game were they were on the losing end in the last 5-6 min that didn't seem to matter whether Kobe was in there or not. Even John Ireland pointed that out after the game. However, in the past (several years ago) there were time where Kobe could bring it back... Today wasn't a hot shooting day for Kobe, so I doubted it.

However, if I were Brown, I'd leave him in there or to let them give it their best. if they lose, all have to take the blame. I think Brown has some frustration internally already about Kobe and something today kinda pushed it passed the frustration threshold...caused him to do that. Maybe he didn't like Kobe ignoring him and doing self coaching (like inserting himself in the game without coach approval) kinda setting bad example to the rest of the team...and in a way disrespecting him as a coach...so Mike did that to show who is the coach. My guess is he probably told Kobe to do something (like attack the paint instead of perimeter jumpshot) but Kobe didn't and kept on ignoring it.

It feels like 2004 again.

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    I disagree with this. It was a game were they were on the losing end in the last 5-6 min that didn't seem to matter whether Kobe was in there or not. Even John Ireland pointed that out after the game. However, in the past (several years ago) there were time where Kobe could bring it back... Today wasn't a hot shooting day for Kobe, so I doubted it.

However, if I were Brown, I'd leave him in there or to let them give it their best. if they lose, all have to take the blame. I think Brown has some frustration internally already about Kobe and something today kinda pushed it passed the frustration threshold...caused him to do that. Maybe he didn't like Kobe ignoring him and doing self coaching (like inserting himself in the game without coach approval) kinda setting bad example to the rest of the team...and in a way disrespecting him as a coach...so Mike did that to show who is the coach. My guess is he probably told Kobe to do something (like attack the paint instead of perimeter jumpshot) but Kobe didn't and kept on ignoring it.

It feels like 2004 again.
    So the one time I blame coach, you switch sides Just kidding.

I like Brown as a coach, I like Kobe as a player. I wish Kobe would man up and listen to coach. As for Brown, was that a game he needed to pull Kobe?

Another thing, I didn't say fire brown. I said lakers management and ownership need to investigate this issue and cool the water down before it boils and starts spilling over the pan. (God im so hungry right now lol).

So I hope I didn't give that impression.

I don't like brown but he is not the reason bynum got 4 reb in 41 minutes - we lost the game right there.

also, why bench kobe after he brought u back from 65-51 to 66-65?

Welcome aboard my "Mike Brown is a Fking Moron" Bandwagon my friends
    I have never seen a more dense, clueless coach than Brown.....I mean the guy has no freaking clue as to how to coach a team.....and NBA people know this.
    Brown is all talk, no action and no sense. He seriously needs to be fired.
    Where the hell is Goudelock???? I am so sick of this idiot who cannot figure out a rotation at all.....the players do NOT trust this erratic guy.
    "Blake is my starter for the forseeable future"???? Who on here thought that was true??? Why even say something that idiotic....players hear that stuff and Fire his @ss!!!!

LakerFreak, it's time for you to admit that Mike Brown is a terrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    LakerFreak, it's time for you to admit that Mike Brown is a terrible coach.

Lakerfreak is way too much a "Company Guy" to admit something like that.
    (No offense intended )

NBA lottery pick

I was so happy to see this thread. There have been a couple of us all along who knew what Brown was as a coach. I'm sure if someone went through old Cavaliers threads they could find the same complaints about Brown (of course that forum hardly gets any posts). Offensively he was terrible there too. He was horrible with the rotation. It's no suprise to me that the same thing is happening in LA. I think sometimes LA fans and the media are a little too laid back. This was a bonehead hire and management should get some heat for it. Brown should be a coordinator in the NBA. Some people are just far better fits as coordinators than they are head coaches.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

You know Mike Brown did not have a whole lot of time to implement his system on this team right. It's going to take time yall give the guy some slack.
    This season is all screwed up...it's not even a whole season.

Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    You know Mike Brown did not have a whole lot of time to implement his system on this team right. It's going to take time yall give the guy some slack.
    This season is all screwed up...it's not even a whole season.

Come on now.

This has absolutely nothing to do with implementing a system......what SYSTEM.....on what planet, has Kobe Bryant sitting on the bench late in the 4th quarter?????? There is no legitimate excuse for this guys complete lack of coaching ability.....or even common sense. No one can explain in intelligent fashion what this moron is doing.
    Bottom line is that he was a moron in Cleveland and is still one in L.A.
    He'll be gone before next season begins......BOOK IT!!!!!!

Brown should go back to being a video editor or stats guy......just like Metta said.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 03-26-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Lakerfreak is way too much a "Company Guy" to admit something like that.
    (No offense intended )
    lol whats a "company guy" ?

Vinny Del Negro + Rights to Sofo + Gomes for Mike Brown
    Get it done!