Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Balkman Out 4 Weeks.

damn man right before training camp he gets injured. hopefully he will be ok when the season starts. they obsolutely need balkman to be in the rotation. hopefully the injury is not that serious. but he can possibly be left out of the rotation because there are so many good players on the team. hopefully thats not the case because i feel he has to be on the court for them to really win alot of games this year.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Balkman Out 4 Weeks.

I think we have enough players so I hope they don't rush him back.

Let it heal 100%.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Supafly79 has an OK reputation so far

This hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got tickets for the Nov 9th game when they go up against the Magic. I love watching Naldo ball out there. Well now Jared Jeffries gets his chance to prove himself. They said he has been working hard at the gym all off season. I hope he does well. GO KNICKS!!!!
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Sucks but its not a deathblow. As long as he's up to fullspeed by the All Star break I'm not worried.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Why so many stress injuries on the Knicks? There must be something wrong with the Knick's training and/or the team doctor.

BTW: Don't count Balkman's stress injury as being fast healing -- especially since Lee's took such a long time to heal.

FYI: With Balkman out, the Knicks are said to be paying Allan Houston guaranteed money to attend training camp with an eye to making the team and they should also be signing their second round sharp-shooting pick soon.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Didn't he hurt that ankle during the summer league?
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
Ben Wogu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ben Wogu has an OK reputation so far

Stress fractures are caused by constant pounding as well as wear and tear from strenuous physical activity, they can also be caused by a drastic increase of workload in one's workout regimen...
That being said Balkman is still relatively young, meaning his stress reaction is most likely the result of him increasing his workout intervals. And you can't fault him for trying to step up and prove himself as professional, so i wouldn't be so fast to put this one on the medical staff. I actually applaud them for nipping it in the bud at this stage and not letting him do further damage to it (ie:Crawford and Lee last year)....
Houston isn't coming to camp either, Knicks still have some interest, but they're not giving him guaranteed money when even his agent had been informed that he would have to "compete for a roster spot". Don't forget who was dispersing this "info" - president of basketball operations for the Nets, Rod Thorn....
I feel like this Balkman injury may be a blessing in disguise, not only does it give the rookies an opportunity to step up, but it also allows Jeffries to show why he's been working so hard in the offseason. Even if Jeffries feels his future with the Knicks is uncertain he'll have the opportunity to show he still has value, and may be of value to another team whose interest may pique after seeing him on the court (we basically get to showcase him as somebody who has trade value without it looking as if that's only reason he's on the floor). By no means am I happy about the Balkman injury, but you have to look at the whole picture, because I'm positive these opportunities wouldn't be available had Balkman not went down.
Ben Wogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
Moose

Wow this sucks mega ballz.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wogu
Stress fractures are caused by constant pounding as well as wear and tear from strenuous physical activity, they can also be caused by a drastic increase of workload in one's workout regimen...
That being said Balkman is still relatively young, meaning his stress reaction is most likely the result of him increasing his workout intervals. And you can't fault him for trying to step up and prove himself as professional, so i wouldn't be so fast to put this one on the medical staff. I actually applaud them for nipping it in the bud at this stage and not letting him do further damage to it (ie:Crawford and Lee last year)....
Houston isn't coming to camp either, Knicks still have some interest, but they're not giving him guaranteed money when even his agent had been informed that he would have to "compete for a roster spot". Don't forget who was dispersing this "info" - president of basketball operations for the Nets, Rod Thorn....
I feel like this Balkman injury may be a blessing in disguise, not only does it give the rookies an opportunity to step up, but it also allows Jeffries to show why he's been working so hard in the offseason. Even if Jeffries feels his future with the Knicks is uncertain he'll have the opportunity to show he still has value, and may be of value to another team whose interest may pique after seeing him on the court (we basically get to showcase him as somebody who has trade value without it looking as if that's only reason he's on the floor). By no means am I happy about the Balkman injury, but you have to look at the whole picture, because I'm positive these opportunities wouldn't be available had Balkman not went down.

Good post! All is well that ends well! Let's hope!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
Big C
I brick open layups

Big C has an OK reputation so far

I like Balkman but I really want to see how well Chandler plays. Chandler unlike Balkman can play both ends of the court.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: