Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.
 
danumber88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, where the Raps lie
Posts: 3,021
danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default B.C Looking For Trades

Yep you got it right, he is lookin' for trades, great sign.

Quote:
"There is no panic," said Colangelo. "We will make a trade if a trade presents itself that makes sense for the short-term and the longer-term picture."

Colangelo acknowledged his participation in fervent discussions with his league-wide counterparts, and there have been on-court trends that would certainly inspire a hair-trigger dealer to action. When the Raptors sprinted to an early lead last night, for instance, there was built-in skepticism among some courtside observers.

"These guys," said one scout, "are a great first-quarter team."

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/557705
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

yeaaa B.C will hopefully get us something good, hopefully soon too this season isn't over yet if we can get a couple of decent players to surround Chris Bosh ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,928
Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

It's getting tougher for BC to make trades right now.

The bleaker things get for the Raps the less value other teams will offer the Raps as they will see BC as more desperate.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter
 
TMAC-RAPTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,555
TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

Trade anything besides JO, Calderon, and Bosh
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,278
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

To me, this article doesn't indicate progress. We've been hearing this same crap all year with nothing to show for it. Nothing i've heard from BC indicates any sort of urgency to get things done. My personal opinion is that he should've tried to pull the trigger when Kapono/Graham/ Bargnani/Moon were all performing at peak levels so that people would see them at their best. Because right now, i'm guessing that GM's see us as a desperate team and are probably giving us terrible offers because of that.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers
 
pocketWs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 232
pocketWs has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
To me, this article doesn't indicate progress. We've been hearing this same crap all year with nothing to show for it. Nothing i've heard from BC indicates any sort of urgency to get things done. My personal opinion is that he should've tried to pull the trigger when Kapono/Graham/ Bargnani/Moon were all performing at peak levels so that people would see them at their best. Because right now, i'm guessing that GM's see us as a desperate team and are probably giving us terrible offers because of that.

What do you want Colangelo to do? Make a trade just for the hell of it? I you would've tried to trade Kapono, Graham, Bargnani or Moon at their "peak?" (basically after trhee games of consistant play... they never peaked in T.O.!!) in a straight-up deal, you would have received a player with equivalent skills and a longer contract, it's the same thing today. And if you try to package a few of the named players, you have to find a team willing to part with young players, or a team who's in selling mode. At this point, their aren't that many teams in any of those situations, for those that are, I also hope Colangelo is dialing their number.

As a Raptor fan, I'm anxious to see T.O. pick-up that key player that will elevate the teams play. I'm willing to be patient enough but something has to give, let's just not beg for a trade, just for the sake of a trading for anything less than an upgrade.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:39 AM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,278
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

In the NBA there are typically two types of reasons that trades that are made.
A. You make a trade of a current all-star talent player because your team isn't going anywhere with said player. And that player is usually traded to another team who is also struggling but looking to make a playoff push.

or

B. You have a good team that you are looking to get to an elite level because you want to win right now rather than later. And this almost always requires you to give up young talent to receive a current all-star talent that's ready to win now but is older.. It"s a simple fact.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Nobody is gonna give you Andre Igoudala for Bargnani, Kapono, Parker, Moon, whoever... We're not going to get a young all-star potential player for anything we have on our roster. The bottom line is that the trade has to benefit both teams and in order for that to happen, we have to give up our young "potential" all-star plus fillers to receive a player who helps us to win now, as we are closer to the afformentioned scenerio B than we are to scenario A IMO...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
Jalen5
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 494
Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

This team is nowhere near good enough to go againest any of the current top 8 east team in a 7game series. We need more than just 1 trade, maybe 3 at most. I can totally see why BC doesn't want to make a move.

I never saw BC as a guy will make a huge splash during a season. He does most of his work in off season. Right now he's patient not like us kept saying trade this fire who.

There are still a lot of time and if we dont make it to the playoff, big deal because we be gone in the first round with the way top 4 seeds are playing.

Unless there is a trade that will almost certain that will get us to 2nd round, other wise I will sit tight and stop flaming on forum about how crappy the craptors are playing. Its a learning process every year. We are an amazing first quarter team but we will have to learn to keep the lead and the ups and downs during the game.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #9
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers
 
pocketWs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 232
pocketWs has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
In the NBA there are typically two types of reasons that trades that are made.
A. You make a trade of a current all-star talent player because your team isn't going anywhere with said player. And that player is usually traded to another team who is also struggling but looking to make a playoff push.

or

B. You have a good team that you are looking to get to an elite level because you want to win right now rather than later. And this almost always requires you to give up young talent to receive a current all-star talent that's ready to win now but is older.. It"s a simple fact.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Nobody is gonna give you Andre Igoudala for Bargnani, Kapono, Parker, Moon, whoever... We're not going to get a young all-star potential player for anything we have on our roster. The bottom line is that the trade has to benefit both teams and in order for that to happen, we have to give up our young "potential" all-star plus fillers to receive a player who helps us to win now, as we are closer to the afformentioned scenerio B than we are to scenario A IMO...

Now this I agree with, what I don't understand is in your previous you say the exact opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
My personal opinion is that he should've tried to pull the trigger when Kapono/Graham/ Bargnani/Moon were all performing at peak levels so that people would see them at their best. Because right now, i'm guessing that GM's see us as a desperate team and are probably giving us terrible offers because of that.

As big as a fan one person can be, no one can realistically think that any of the four players mentionned ever came close to peaking in T.O. Even at their highest value, if you were to send them as part of a packaged, I doubt you'd be getting an elite player in return. Maybe I just mis-read your previous post, but I agree with the second one.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,278
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketWs
Now this I agree with, what I don't understand is in your previous you say the exact opposite.



As big as a fan one person can be, no one can realistically think that any of the four players mentionned ever came close to peaking in T.O. Even at their highest value, if you were to send them as part of a packaged, I doubt you'd be getting an elite player in return. Maybe I just mis-read your previous post, but I agree with the second one.
Well the first post was more along the lines of saying that I feel that BC should've forseen that the players we had at the wings weren't viable from the beginning instead of the wait and see approach. I know I know... it's a long season and you don't want to make rash decisions, but at the same time, when you wait until you've hit your lowest point to start entertaining trade ideas, you lose any leverage you might've had earlier when the team was at least doing decently. Now the other teams GM's are looking at you, expecting to be able to give you some ****ty offers because of how your season has gone. Therefore, I now think that it's gonna be harder to pull off a good deal but if a deal presents itself for a good wing player, even one with more age and a bigger contract, it'd be worth it, depending on the player of course.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
GoodTrade
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 52
GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

BLOW IT UP at the deadline only option!
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,188
bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTrade
BLOW IT UP at the deadline only option!

Wow you definitely wouldn't make a good GM..lol! Your like JRCP3. You always keep your options open.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #13
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: B.C Looking For Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Wow you definitely wouldn't make a good GM..lol! Your like JRCP3. You always keep your options open.

you don't know anything about basketball bonez !
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy