Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chandler and Okafur officially traded.

really, really disappointing trade

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    If Emeka wanted out, then he shouldn't have just signed his big contract not too long ago. What he wanted was a max deal, but he wasn't going to get it, and instead of leaving, he signed with the cats. I doubt he forced their hand at all. The team is being shopped, and this deal helps cut down the salary by ridding the team of his long term deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wallace shopped as well.
    So you think if the Blazers offered up Jerryd Bayless, and Outlaw, they could get Gerald Wallace in return?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    For saving money, period. Why lock up long term cash to hold a team together that's going nowhere near contention? Fans don't want an OK team that's borderline 8 seed, they want contention. This is why we're seeing so many of the mediocre teams hold down the fort until their existing contracts expire (or they can move them for lesser deals like this). Players don't give a damn about where they play, they give a damn about who can pay them. Charlotte made themselves somewhat of a player in 2 years, much moreso than they'd have been before.

I don't see the logic in keeping Okafor for an additional 2 years compared to Chandler and having nothing but basically the MLE to lure players that can help you reach the next level. As you said, it's Charlotte, players aren't going to take a paycut to play there, they're going to play there because they can get paid.
    This. The Cats will save about 40 mil with this deal. Look, here's what you'll get with Mek: A smart, classy guy who's unfortunately a center in a power forward's body. He has no real post moves and probably the worst hands of any big man in the game. He can rebound and he can block shots, but when up against all-star big men he gets toasted. After a great rookie season his game has ceased to progress in the last 5 years. Compare to Dwight Howard from the same draft. People saying he's gonna put up 19/10 are dreaming. He's not the offensive powerhouse just waiting for CP3 to unlock his potential. He is what he is.

Is Chandler any better? No. Will it hurt the Cats next season? Possibly, but I don't think so. LB has been saying since he got here that we need to get bigger if we want to compete in the East. The J-rich trade made no sense to me last year and turned out to be one of the best deals we've ever made. I think it was LB not MJ pulling the strings here and I'm inclined to trust he knows what he's doing.

I'm no longer a Bobcat fan.

Saw a basketball once CarolinaBlue704's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    This. The Cats will save about 40 mil with this deal. Look, here's what you'll get with Mek: A smart, classy guy who's unfortunately a center in a power forward's body. He has no real post moves and probably the worst hands of any big man in the game. He can rebound and he can block shots, but when up against all-star big men he gets toasted. After a great rookie season his game has ceased to progress in the last 5 years. Compare to Dwight Howard from the same draft. People saying he's gonna put up 19/10 are dreaming. He's not the offensive powerhouse just waiting for CP3 to unlock his potential. He is what he is.

Is Chandler any better? No. Will it hurt the Cats next season? Possibly, but I don't think so. LB has been saying since he got here that we need to get bigger if we want to compete in the East. The J-rich trade made no sense to me last year and turned out to be one of the best deals we've ever made. I think it was LB not MJ pulling the strings here and I'm inclined to trust he knows what he's doing.
    most fans outside of charlotte dont realize what you said about okafur.i dont think this traded will help either team very much.okafur is a undersized center who struggles against legit centers.if chandler stays healthy,this trade is a wash in my opinion.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    What exactly is the point of this trade for the Bobcats? They get more salary and the worse player.
    shorter contract? I am shocked they gave up on okafur. I like chandler, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts
    They're turning into the biggest joke of the NBA.

At least the Grizzlies try to get talent in return.

I wouldn't even have minded if we (Miami) sent Beasley in return, but Chandler?
    ?

Saw a basketball once CarolinaBlue704's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts
    They're turning into the biggest joke of the NBA.

At least the Grizzlies try to get talent in return.

I wouldn't even have minded if we (Miami) sent Beasley in return, but Chandler?
    you might wanna take a hammer and hit yourself in the head.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Bobcats got that real center they wanted. Okafor wasn't a real center. Chandler plays defense which Brown wants he is also a monster at shot blocking and rebounding. Problem with Okafor was that he was to slow to play PF and too small to play Center. Diaw/Chandler should make a good front court.

I asked my wife what percentage of my rants during Bobcats games were due to some stupid thing Okafor did, and she had to agree it was a large part of the pie. Haven't you seen the guy play? Haven't you seen every big man in the league block his feeble attempts at lay-ups? Haven't you seen him pout like a spoiled teenager when he commits a dumb foul? I mean, I got tired of yelling "DUNK THE EFFING BALL" every time he was near the rim
    This was a comment from the Charlotte Observer page. I must say I've felt that way most of the last 5 years.

I don't know what to make of this trade.

Let's just call it Even Steven and be done with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Bobcats got that real center they wanted. Okafor wasn't a real center. Chandler plays defense which Brown wants he is also a monster at shot blocking and rebounding. Problem with Okafor was that he was to slow to play PF and too small to play Center. Diaw/Chandler should make a good front court.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Okafor is even a better shotblocker and rebonder.

too short? he's 6'10.. u want him to be Gheorghe Muresan?

Good college starter

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUU. great now the bobcats get a lot worse and ruin any chance of making the play offs we have charlottes first but it is lotto protected

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    This was a comment from the Charlotte Observer page. I must say I've felt that way most of the last 5 years.
    just wait to see how disappointed you will be in chandler then.

for the poster who said chandler is a better rebounder/shotblocker, SAY WHAT?

Stats dont show that, game footage dont show that, nothing in reality supports that argument. I do agree that chandler may be a better man-on defender.