Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Default Elton Brand

Why hasn't anybody mentioned him yet? He could be great for the Lakers. Probably mentioned before.

What is Elton Brand's value and salary contract? If his value is good and his contract isn't bad, the Lakers should go after him.

Thoughts?
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Default Re: Elton Brand

Yeah and the Clippers will trade their best player to the Lakers. Approximately at the same time when pigs start flying....

They'd trade Brand to the Lakers...for Kobe. And that's it.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
trig
Decent college freshman

0% chance clippers will give brand to the lakers for anybody on the team except kobe
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:25 AM   #4
sammdogg
Local High School Star

He's their franchise player. and they arent that bad. it's not like its a KG situation. EB is gunna stay in the red.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Keep EB out of any trade talks, please. Don't get me wrong we'll trade you something for Kobe but we will not involve our franchise for him or any other players on your team. Unfortunately you guys are in the same position we were in last year. You need to make a trade but I think your situation is much worse and Laker management better do something quick before it tears your team up. The really bad thing is any team that is involved in trade talks with you, know they have the upper hand. I'm hoping we make a trade under the radar thanks to all the activity in your camp.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:56 AM   #6
Erathia
Local High School Star

Brand isn't talked about because he isn't on the market. Clippers do need something, but getting rid of Brand doesn't help them in anyway.

I also have to disagree with adiedanny. The 2-3 teams we are rumored to be talking to (Indiana, Memphis, and Sacramento) all have players that have also expressed their desire to leave their respective teams. Jermaine O'neal has been unhappy for some years with Indy. Sacramento wants to get rid of Ron Artest like the plague. Pau Gasol made the same comments that Kobe did "either improve the team or I leave".
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Why hasn't anybody mentioned him yet? He could be great for the Lakers. Probably mentioned before.

What is Elton Brand's value and salary contract? If his value is good and his contract isn't bad, the Lakers should go after him.

Thoughts?

???
is there a reason to mention him?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathia
Brand isn't talked about because he isn't on the market. Clippers do need something, but getting rid of Brand doesn't help them in anyway.

I also have to disagree with adiedanny. The 2-3 teams we are rumored to be talking to (Indiana, Memphis, and Sacramento) all have players that have also expressed their desire to leave their respective teams. Jermaine O'neal has been unhappy for some years with Indy. Sacramento wants to get rid of Ron Artest like the plague. Pau Gasol made the same comments that Kobe did "either improve the team or I leave".
Good point Erathia.

co-ssign
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
lakers4life
I airball my layups

we have the same chance trading for brand as we do trading for dwight howard. zero
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: