Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Car inspection sticker concern/question. If you help you will get laid tomorrow.

I am giving my current car (that just passed inspection) to my brother. He is going to register it (NY) in his own name and get new plates. Supposedly when you transfer ownership of a vehicle the DMV will give you a "10 day temporary inspection sticker" and tell you that you HAVE to have it REINSPECTED even if the car has a current inspection sticker. This is a concern as the car BARELY passed inspection and I don't want to have to do it again.

I've read online that the inspection is tied to the VIN number of the car so even if you don't get it reinspected the DMV will never know. Is this true?

I'm heading to the DMV tomorrow so I need to know what to do.

Default Re: Car inspection sticker concern/question. If you help you will get laid tomorrow.

This sounds like some shit that is very specific to your state/area. Perhaps a Google search would be better.

Default Re: Car inspection sticker concern/question. If you help you will get laid tomorrow.

I have, it appears that I could get a ticket if the cop scans the inspection sticker but they usually just look at them. But I can't find out for sure if the sticker is tied to just the VIN number of the car or other information as well.

Enjoy the sex.

A friend of mine says it will be impossible to get a ticket. Do we agree NY'ers?

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    A friend of mine says it will be impossible to get a ticket. Do we agree NY'ers?
    If your registration is expired? You'll get tickets. They look different, it's not hard to see. Are you planning on never parking on the street? Or do you already have a sticker? If so, no you will not get a ticket unless you get stopped for an infraction, at which point they check pretty much everything and they pile on.

If you "barely passed inspection" just go back to the same place and tell them you just need them to reconfirm the inspection.

Fire Dwane Casey

I mean realistically you could always finger your mom's v'agina while she's cooking dinner

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    If your registration is expired? You'll get tickets. They look different, it's not hard to see. Are you planning on never parking on the street? Or do you already have a sticker? If so, no you will not get a ticket unless you get stopped for an infraction, at which point they check pretty much everything and they pile on.

If you "barely passed inspection" just go back to the same place and tell them you just need them to reconfirm the inspection.
    An expired registration was not mentioned in my original post. No sex for you.

An expired registration was not mentioned in my original post. No sex for you.
    My wife is in Japan so that's a given. My advice, if at all feasible do things the correct way because if you get caught with improper registration, etc. usually the one time you get caught is five times more of a hassle than what you needed to do, and three times as expensive.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

No offense, but there is a reason the car needs to be inspected.
    You are not only putting yourself at risk but other innocent people. Why don't you just fix the damn car or take it off the road.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    My wife is in Japan so that's a given. My advice, if at all feasible do things the correct way because if you get caught with improper registration, etc. usually the one time you get caught is five times more of a hassle than what you needed to do, and three times as expensive.
    I bet you wouldn't follow your own advice at OP's age. lol Nonetheless, still great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    No offense, but there is a reason the car needs to be inspected.
    You are not only putting yourself at risk but other innocent people. Why don't you just fix the damn car or take it off the road.

The car IS INSPECTED. It has a JULY 2014 STICKER ON IT.

I'm talking about having to get it REINSPECTED when it already has a VALID inspection sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    I bet you wouldn't follow your own advice at OP's age. lol Nonetheless, still great advice.
    My insurance card expired. I need to print another one, printer is giving me shit. **** it, i'll just print it later.

Got stopped because my break light went out, got a $200 driving with no insurance ticket which i had to spend a day in court in some shitty country in NJ and it wound up costing me $150 even with a plea down because of court costs.

So nope, when i was younger i might not have listened but it's good to listen sometimes.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

The car IS INSPECTED. It has a JULY 2014 STICKER ON IT.

I'm talking about having to get it REINSPECTED when it already has a VALID inspection sticker.

Don't be putting a when you're too dense to understand.
    You said the car barely passed the inspection, and might not pass it the 2nd time.

Double to you, sherlock.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

I can't say for sure, but with the majority of the states, law enforcement can simply see if you plates are current/expired by looking at the tags on your plate. It will display the month and year in which they expire. Again, I can't say for sure, but it's pretty commonplace with most states these days, as it makes it much easier than having to pull someone over to see if they're current with their inspection, taxes on the vehicle, etc. On way or another, the DMV will be getting their money, so might as well go ahead and get that shit over and done with. The penalties and hassle alone make it not worth it to beat the system or dodge "the man" ... them sumbeeches always **** us in the end. Please believe.