Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Made that high school varsity squad lakerHater's Avatar

Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ball PharmD
    That is an intriguing idea, if it actually happened...I heard some broadcasters for the Jazz/Nugs games saying that Boozer probably wants to leave UT after this season. I think DWill and Dirk would work well together as Deron likes to attack the rim but also facilitates (better than Wade in this regard, and definitely better than Kidd), while Dirk likes to shoot. They could pick and roll well, and Williams is another LEGIT scoring option who performs strongly in the playoffs (unlike every Mav outside of Dirk.) Throw in the good/unselfish Jazz role players (who also perform well in the playoffs) and the great, veteran coach Sloan...and I think you would have a VERY strong contender. I am not sure how Mehmet Okur would fit in, especially at Center...they would need to also trade for a Legit center or have a reserve center step up their game big time.

Not sure if it is realistic, but what if it was Dirk + Haywood for Okur + Boozer or some variation of that?
    I could see dirk going to the nets if they get wall or turner. God knows the russian will pay dirk the money he wants. The nets could also sign someone like rudy gay.

Harris
    Turner
    Gay
    Dirk
    Lopez

Twill
    Lee
    Yi
    Hayes
    2 rookies off the bench.

Decent playground baller rfoster24's Avatar

He'll stay. I can't imagine every single player in the NBA starving for a championship so much that they'll leave a team every time they become a free agent.

Local High School Star

Just lurking - not flaming. Raptors fan. Toronto native.

What about S&T - Dirk for Chis Bosh ?

I think there is lots of prima facie evidence that Chris wants to be in Dallas.

I presume like most internationals - Dirk wont find Toronto a downer (possibly the opposite). He will most certainly want a bump and extension salary wise and Toronto can accomidate that. Leaving Dallas and the media frenzy regarding his emotional well being is probably good for him.

Finally - playing for Cuban the active GM and Coach "not on the bench" would have to wear thin. BColangelo seems to have a good reputation and I would assume that would attract Dirk.

This does presume that Cuban will pull this trigger - but there is smoke in those rumors as well. Cuban has never hesitated to tinker.

If CB4s and his agent wants this deal - I see it very likely. A good fit cause the cap numbers, the "extras" can all be minimized with a 1 for 1 sort of deal.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jballer; 05-13-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Serious playground baller paperstreet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Just lurking - not flaming. Raptors fan. Toronto native.

What about S&T - Dirk for Chis Bosh ?

I think there is lots of prima facie evidence that Chris wants to be in Dallas.

I presume like most internationals - Dirk wont find Toronto a downer (possibly the opposite). He will most certainly want a bump and extension salary wise and Toronto can accomidate that. Leaving Dallas and the media frenzy regarding his emotional well being is probably good for him.

Finally - playing for Cuban the active GM and Coach "not on the bench" would have to wear thin. BColangelo seems to have a good reputation and I would assume that would attract Dirk.

This does presume that Cuban will pull this trigger - but there is smoke in those rumors as well. Cuban has never hesitated to tinker.

If CB4s and his agent wants this deal - I see it very likely. A good fit cause the cap numbers, the "extras" can all be minimized with a 1 for 1 sort of deal.

Thoughts?
    I see very little chance of this happening. Dirk has said he wants to win, and TOR couldn't even make the playoffs last year.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by paperstreet
    I see very little chance of this happening. Dirk has said he wants to win, and TOR couldn't even make the playoffs last year.
    I get that.

I guess my poorly worded question somehow left out the strong inference that Mark C would 'pull the tirgger' and push for the deal; seeing Bosh as at the least "equally tallented" and younger.

Toronto's nucleus on paper isnt downright bad; though they under performed and team play was poor. Especially defensively. Dirk's hesitaton no dount would be sincere. Would Dirk play on a team with Hedo Turkaglo, Jose Calderon, Andreas Bargani? (Turkish, Spanish, Italian nationals respectively).

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Today was the deadline on Dallas deciding to ship their 2nd rounder to Indy this year or next year to complete the Shawne Williams deal. Anyone heard anything?

edit: Dallas indeed gave this year's pick. Figured as much with it being the 57th pick out of 60.
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 06-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Do you see Dallas getting Lebron? Or any big superstar this summer...?