Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Raptors in Eurobasket, Stats & Highlights

Look.
    The truth is I haven't seen any eurobasket games.
    BUT I watched a lot of raptor ball and Jose has been "struggling" for about 3 years.

Where can i get a pair of those rose coloured glasses you've got on?

High School Varsity 6th Man

Stats and highlights for today posted. Italy eliminated despite Bargs having another really good game, Spain is unstoppable, Jonas got some playing time.

Serious playground baller

Valanciunas looked very promising. He is very good scoring near the basket, with several good moves and scoring after contact, he is hard to defend. He opened the Spanish defence off the bench when the game was like 30-12.
    He commited a lot of turnovers in previous games, and he got 3 fouls in few minutes against Spain. Those things are logical in a young player.

End of the first round, Italy is eliminated.

These are Bargs' stats for the tournament:

22,8 ppg/7,4 rpg/1,6 blk, 46,6 FG%, 35 3FG%, 83,3 FT%

my question is... if this is more or less what he averages next season... would you be happy with that?

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doko

my question is... if this is more or less what he averages next season... would you be happy with that?

Happier, but I still want better rebounding numbers.

I would be happy with that. I would be happy if he can get 8reb and 1blk. But he also will have to rotate better which doesnt show up on a stat sheet.

But let's not get carried away. His stat line is good. But it is only a handful of games against lesser talent.

Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

Depending on the context of those stats in terms of his overall enthusiasm for the game (especially on defense), how much of the offense is run through him etc. I'd be okay with stats like that. Especially since it'd make trading him when Val comes through as our starting 5 much easier (assuming Davis also improves and becomes the starter-quality player I think he can be).

For me to be happy, he'd have to average at least 8 rebounds and over 50% FG.

Local High School Star

This is frankly the million dollar question about the "next season" in Toronto. The expectations of Barges are perhaps completely unattainable after years of disappointment given he was the 1st overall draft pick. Fair or unfair as that comment is (I pass no judgement) I believe it to be the most basic truth.

BUT 8 rbs a game playing the 5 - if he can average 8 rbs a game in the NBA and not in international competion verses Portugul, and UK - as well as Spain, France and Germany - well that would go a long way to rebuilding his reputation here in Toronto and around the NBA generally.

Doko - do you have his stats verse Spain France Germany. The only reason I ask is cause he would have matched up verses Gasou, Noah and the Dirk or Kaman. These stats would be in my mind very interesting and revealling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    This is frankly the million dollar question about the "next season" in Toronto. The expectations of Barges are perhaps completely unattainable after years of disappointment given he was the 1st overall draft pick. Fair or unfair as that comment is (I pass no judgement) I believe it to be the most basic truth.

BUT 8 rbs a game playing the 5 - if he can average 8 rbs a game in the NBA and not in international competion verses Portugul, and UK - as well as Spain, France and Germany - well that would go a long way to rebuilding his reputation here in Toronto and around the NBA generally.

Doko - do you have his stats verse Spain France Germany. The only reason I ask is cause he would have matched up verses Gasou, Noah and the Dirk or Kaman. These stats would be in my mind very interesting and revealling.
    You can check the fist post of this thread, there you'll find statlines and highlights for every game in eurobasket and test matches :)

Local High School Star

You can check the fist post of this thread, there you'll find statlines and highlights for every game in eurobasket and test matches :)
    Sorry man didnt even look

So assuming he played head to head verses Dirk and Kaman in the German game - and J Noah (Parker not so much) in the French game these are the stats I guess I personally would evaluate his tourney performance.

Moslty cause I follow the NBA game (admitedly I am missing a picture) and cause I know the competition he played against. I simply dont know enough to grade a British 5 or a Slovanian big man.

vs Germany (L 62-76, 0-2)
    8 pts/5 reb/2 blk, 3/14 21,4 FG%, 1/5 20 3FG%, 1/2 FT

vs France (L 84-91, 1-3)
    22 pts/5 reb/1 blk, 9/15 60 FG%, 1/4 25 3FG%, 3/3 FT

Avg
    15 pts/5 reb/1.5 blk / 12/29 – 41.3 FG% - 2/9 22.2% 3FG 4/5 FT

Not so bad either. I am very happy about the 5 ribbys - but less happy that its not 7 or 8. Still not happy on the blks which speaks to rotational D....

...but Andreas has a chance to get help on his rotational D from the coaching staff and help on his rotational D from th coaching staff coaching other players...

We will see what happens when if NBA play resumes.
    Last edited by Jballer; 09-07-2011 at 12:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Jballer]Sorry man didnt even look

So assuming he played head to head verses Dirk and Kaman in the German game - and J Noah (Parker not so much) in the French game these are the stats I guess I personally would evaluate his tourney performance.

Moslty cause I follow the NBA game (admitedly I am missing a picture) and cause I know the competition he played against. I simply dont know enough to grade a British 5 or a Slovanian big man.

vs Germany (L 62-76, 0-2)
    8 pts/5 reb/2 blk, 3/14 21,4 FG%, 1/5 20 3FG%, 1/2 FT

vs France (L 84-91, 1-3)
    22 pts/5 reb/1 blk, 9/15 60 FG%, 1/4 25 3FG%, 3/3 FT

Avg
    15 pts/5 reb/1.5 blk / 12/29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiT4rqTD3pY

Valanciunas highlights vs Serbia.

Serious playground baller

Impressive Valanciunas against Germany (Kaman). He has all-star potential.

Valanciunas looked good from watching the highlights. He has an idea of what he wants to do on offense. And defensively, he played good man to man D. There was much help D aspect to it from the highlights, but man to man, he's a big lanky guy. Can definitely play the 5 from the looks of it. Seems to have really good hands for a big, and keeps the ball high when in the post. I'm going to start missing the NBA as soon as the blue jays season is over...