Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Point Guard options

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I'm sorry, I couldn't resist
    It's funny that the numbers Smush put up in his best season would make us drool now, compared to what our current guys are doing.
    Smush's biggest problem is that he was painfully shy and couldn't deal with the attention, interviews etc......to the point it destroyed his game. He actually did have the skills and game.....but as they say, a large part of the game is mental.
    The thing is, in his first season as a laker, he started in all 82 games, shot at least 45% from the field, averaged 12 points, 3 boards, and 3 rebounds. Not to mention he was a highlight reel with his dunks. I became really irritated when laker fans were putting blame on this guy for the losing. For crying out loud, people overlook that Kwame and Brian Cook were starting that time.

Smush is not a starter, but he wasn't the reason for ALL the losing either.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Rumors on Lakers looking at Sessions right now.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

ERIC BLEDDDSSSOOOEEEE!!!!! Make it happen Mitch!!! Haha.

Lakers are working under the radar right now, if you can sense it. IDK it reminds me of when the gasol trade went down.

something will go down by march i hope

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Lakers are working under the radar right now, if you can sense it. IDK it reminds me of when the gasol trade went down.

something will go down by march i hope
    Thats always how they have been, and how most other teams' general managers are as well. So yes, they could be working on something big right now. I'll tell ya one thing, Mitch isn't one to sleep on the job. He's always looking to make big things happen.

Serious playground baller

Problem is guys there is no Houston trade on the table.
    Houston wouldn't trade Lowery even straight up for Gasol even if it did work money wise (which it does not). Lowery is a top 5 PG right now. He's 25 and makes chump change for the next 3 years. He is untouchable. Pau still has value, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and is owed like 60 mil over the next 3 years, this lowers his value. As does his decreased level of play.

I wish the Lakers had made the trade even after the CP3 part fell apart AND kept Odom. Then we would have had Bynum, Scola, Odom, Dragic, Martin and still had 2 first rounders. That was a mistake. Theres no way we'd get that deal (Scola, Martin, Dragic and the pick) now, and forget about Lowery.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster89
    Problem is guys there is no Houston trade on the table.
    Houston wouldn't trade Lowery even straight up for Gasol even if it did work money wise (which it does not). Lowery is a top 5 PG right now. He's 25 and makes chump change for the next 3 years. He is untouchable. Pau still has value, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and is owed like 60 mil over the next 3 years, this lowers his value. As does his decreased level of play.

I wish the Lakers had made the trade even after the CP3 part fell apart AND kept Odom. Then we would have had Bynum, Scola, Odom, Dragic, Martin and still had 2 first rounders. That was a mistake. Theres no way we'd get that deal (Scola, Martin, Dragic and the pick) now, and forget about Lowery.
    I agree 100%......yes we should've immediately jumped all over that Houston deal.....and let Odom cry it out. We'd be so damn good right now

I agree 100%......yes we should've immediately jumped all over that Houston deal.....and let Odom cry it out. We'd be so damn good right now
    Damn straight brother! Think about what we'd have:
    Bigs- Bynum, Odom, Scola etc
    Wings- Kobe, KMart, Barnes, Metta, Ebanks
    PG's- Dragic, DFish, Blake

Tons of depth and lots of chips for trades. Plus 2 first rounders (our own and the Knick pick, which right now is beginning to look like it might be a lottery pick!)
    Imagine what KMart will be worth (in trades) this offseason. A 20PPG scorer with an expiring 12 mil deal, he'd fetch a ton.
    Dragic is better than any PG on our roster. He totally looked like a starting caliber 1 when Lowery missed a few games a while ago.
    Scola and Odom ensure we'd still have the best combo at the 4 in the league.
    Now, we have none of those things.
    Missed opportunity.
    And Lamar acted like a baby, but that's LO, he's ultra sensative.
    Best to hold his hand and whisper sweet nothings to him and keep him.
    Unfortunately, that deal is off the table

Damn straight brother! Think about what we'd have:
    Bigs- Bynum, Odom, Scola etc
    Wings- Kobe, KMart, Barnes, Metta, Ebanks
    PG's- Dragic, DFish, Blake

Tons of depth and lots of chips for trades. Plus 2 first rounders (our own and the Knick pick, which right now is beginning to look like it might be a lottery pick!)
    Imagine what KMart will be worth (in trades) this offseason. A 20PPG scorer with an expiring 12 mil deal, he'd fetch a ton.
    Dragic is better than any PG on our roster. He totally looked like a starting caliber 1 when Lowery missed a few games a while ago.
    Scola and Odom ensure we'd still have the best combo at the 4 in the league.
    Now, we have none of those things.
    Missed opportunity.
    And Lamar acted like a baby, but that's LO, he's ultra sensative.
    Best to hold his hand and whisper sweet nothings to him and keep him.
    Unfortunately, that deal is off the table
    It's too bad we're not running this team Bro

It's too bad we're not running this team Bro
    Cheers!

We ought to be asking about Hinrich. He's back now, but Teague has been the stud the Hawks also hoped he'd be, and Pargo has been playing well as the backup since Hinrichs been out.
    He'd fit in the TE, and he's on an expiring deal, so no long term commitment (unless it works out and we want to keep him)
    Plus, Atlanta is about 8 mil in lux tax land, so shedding his contract would save them double (actually even more with the new CBA)

We are probably holding that TE for a bigger deal at this point, which I understand, for now.

What about Pau for Josh Smith and Hinrich? Might have to throw in a pick, but Hinrich is useless to them at this point, and they have thought about moving Smith before. Pau would look good next to Horford when he returns.
    And we'd get instantly athletic! (Plus Josh is tight with Dwight) And we'd still have the TE.

This may sound crazy, but I'd ask about Stephen Jackson. They seriously want him gone, and I have always admired his game. He could split time with Barnes at the 3, and back up Kobe at the 2. He's a tenacious defender, and he can get his own shot, which we desperately need for our bench. Wonder if they take Metta and one of our young players, plus a pick and cash to move him. Save them some money and basically swap our problem for theirs.

At the beginning of the year, I said we most needed help at the 1 and 3, and getting Hinrich and Jackson would address those 2 weaknesses, while still keeping our trade chips to pursue the big prizes (DWill and/or Dwight)

Cheers!

We ought to be asking about Hinrich. He's back now, but Teague has been the stud the Hawks also hoped he'd be, and Pargo has been playing well as the backup since Hinrichs been out.
    He'd fit in the TE, and he's on an expiring deal, so no long term commitment (unless it works out and we want to keep him)
    Plus, Atlanta is about 8 mil in lux tax land, so shedding his contract would save them double (actually even more with the new CBA)

We are probably holding that TE for a bigger deal at this point, which I understand, for now.

What about Pau for Josh Smith and Hinrich? Might have to throw in a pick, but Hinrich is useless to them at this point, and they have thought about moving Smith before. Pau would look good next to Horford when he returns.
    And we'd get instantly athletic! (Plus Josh is tight with Dwight) And we'd still have the TE.

This may sound crazy, but I'd ask about Stephen Jackson. They seriously want him gone, and I have always admired his game. He could split time with Barnes at the 3, and back up Kobe at the 2. He's a tenacious defender, and he can get his own shot, which we desperately need for our bench. Wonder if they take Metta and one of our young players, plus a pick and cash to move him. Save them some money and basically swap our problem for theirs.

At the beginning of the year, I said we most needed help at the 1 and 3, and getting Hinrich and Jackson would address those 2 weaknesses, while still keeping our trade chips to pursue the big prizes (DWill and/or Dwight)
    You are on a good roll......unlike some people on here
    I like your ideas!!! Stephen Jackson would be HUGE!!!!
    I'm not a big Hinrich guy but I would definitely prefer him to what we have.
    I was a Josh Smith guy but his game hasn't evolved....sad because I love his hustle and energy.....but shooting I think we could do beter than the Hinrich/Smith deal for Pau.

I wish someone would hit Metta in the head with a bottle.....we need Metta World War Even Kobe said it.

The lakers were only doing that deal because it was also somewhat of a financial relief to the lakers, when they were going for Chris Paul. Houston would be giving up so many contracts, that lakers probably didn't want to take, seeing that the new CBA is financially strapping the bigger market teams more than the small market ones.

NBA lottery pick

The other option that we haven't discussed is the draft. The Lakers could stick with the PG's they have right now and draft someone in the offseason. It'll be weird seeing the Lakers draft a bit higher than they're used to. The thing with this draft is it's completely loaded with talent and much of it is big men at the top so there's going to be some good PG's who drop into the 20's range. A guy that I think could be really good in the NBA is Marquis Teague out of Kentucky. Right now he's being projected in the 20's and if he's around at that point I would think the Lakers would take a hard look at him. He's super fast, has the size, gets into the lane, and can create. I think his game is really suited for the faster pace of the NBA. Now, I do understand that LA could end up trading their pick if the make a blockbuster trade, but it would be awesome if the Lakers could make a trade and keep their pick.

Draft???????????? Are you joking????? So.....we blow off this season and gamble that we draft a guy who could help us by his 2nd year.....maybe???
    Ask Kobe how he feels about that
    We have to get a functional athletic NBA PG....doesn't have to be a great one.
    I saw a high school sophmore last night 2nd year Varsity starter who would just destroy DFish.....it would be worse than what Lin did to the Lakers......I'm not even kidding, it would be a complete @ss whipping.
    We have to fix this crap right now!!!!!!!!!!
    Kobe was recently interviewed by Stephen A. Smith saying regardless of the moves the lakers make, that he will now retire as a laker, and that the previous demand for a trade's ship as sailed. Kobe is now here for good.

NBA lottery pick

Draft???????????? Are you joking????? So.....we blow off this season and gamble that we draft a guy who could help us by his 2nd year.....maybe???
    Ask Kobe how he feels about that
    We have to get a functional athletic NBA PG....doesn't have to be a great one.
    I saw a high school sophmore last night 2nd year Varsity starter who would just destroy DFish.....it would be worse than what Lin did to the Lakers......I'm not even kidding, it would be a complete @ss whipping.
    We have to fix this crap right now!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not kidding you. Do you really think the Lakers are going to get a great PG this season? This current Lakers roster obviously isn't going to win a championship. Orlando isn't going to trade Howard until the last minute, maybe even the off season so I don't really think it's realistic to think any big moves are going to be made this season. They might grab Arenas but that doesn't make them contenders all the sudden. This off season is where I see the biggest moves being made. We might be stuck with this current roster for this season. So absolutely, I think the draft this year is crucial. Rookie PG's have been known to step in and contribute right away. I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if the Lakers had Irving or Rubio