Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #61
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Default Re: Official Clippers Draft Thread{Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan & Mike Taylor}

disregard the information about him being on OJ Mayo's team. I was given bad information and after I did more following up I realized the two are different Mike Taylors. He is the individual that almost won the dunk contest.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #62
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Default Re: Official Clippers Draft Thread{Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan & Mike Taylor}

I hope we keep this yers Jordan draftee.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #63
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I hope we keep this yers Jordan draftee.
We probably keep him, we like big men for a cheap price
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #64
ZeN
Stormblessed

Gonna keep him more for potential than anything else.. he may turn into a surprise I think... and if not, then money wise.. he wont be a risk...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #65
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

I was just making fun of the fact we drafted Jared Jordan last year and now we draft another player with the same last name.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #66
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

I've been hearing a lot of comparisons of DeAndre Jordan to a more athletic Kwame Brown. To me, that's not a bad thing. Kwame Brown might not be a superstar, but he has enough talent to make most team's rotation, and definitely ours. Plus when you consider the fact that Kwame was the #1 pick and we stole a more athletic Kwame at #35, I'd say I'm happy with the pick.

That said, I'm not trying to suggest in any way that he won't develop into the Dwight Howard that some say he might become. I'm just saying that the worst case scenerio for him still looks pretty dang good.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #67
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

After watching videos on him, Im ashamed to say this but he somewhat reminds me of the Kandi man but I guess thats not bad for the 35th pick although Id hope for the Dwight Howard comparisons
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #68
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

DeAndre needs to add quite a bit to his frame to be anything like Howard. I can see the reasons for the comparison though: They're both uber tall, they are both really young for the league, they're both freakishly athletic, and they both have the wingspan of an Albitross. But Jordan probably will never be able to overpower people the way Howard does. I believe Jordan was a fantastic pick. I believe Jordan can develop into something great. And I believe he's going to work his butt off after the first round snub. But yes, there's a possibility that he'll just be another Kwame Brown, Kandiman, or even Robert Swift. But even so, he's a great pick, and he's got my support 100%.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #69
lawlerslaw100
Dunking on everybody in the park

Excellent draft...Jordan is worth the risk too. 2nd round picks are
risks anyway
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #70
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
DeAndre needs to add quite a bit to his frame to be anything like Howard. I can see the reasons for the comparison though: They're both uber tall, they are both really young for the league, they're both freakishly athletic, and they both have the wingspan of an Albitross. But Jordan probably will never be able to overpower people the way Howard does. I believe Jordan was a fantastic pick. I believe Jordan can develop into something great. And I believe he's going to work his butt off after the first round snub. But yes, there's a possibility that he'll just be another Kwame Brown, Kandiman, or even Robert Swift. But even so, he's a great pick, and he's got my support 100%.
I don't know, I do not remember Kandiman ever doing anything like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN2RoJD3dx8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhHvpjK8R0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj4LTrs3JPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-fOeWQoos
Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #71
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

The more i see this guy, the more I feel we made the best decision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQRKsZYXZ8
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: