Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
TaLvsCuaL
Maeru Perinawa Achali

Default Your region.

Today I woke up with curiosity. I think it would be nice to know some more about the areas, cities or regions in which you live. Could be an interesting and we can certainly learn some interesting things or discover future travel destinations.

I'll start. I'm Andalusian, and my region is the largest in Spain and the most southern in Europe, bordering Africa.

It is a region rich in history, here have been many different peoples like Iberians, Celtiberians, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Greeks, Romans, Vandals, Visigoths, Byzantines, Moors and some others.

Each people left their mark on the idiosyncrasies of the Andalusian people, in the architecture, culture and music.

The region is known for having a mild/warm climate, so many retirees from central and northern Europe come here to spend their last years. But in the inner cities the summer is too hot. Here there are amazing landscapes, beaches, deserts, mountains, forests and many small charming villages.

The Andalusians are known for being friendly, fun and welcoming, also for being lazy and for speaking with a unintelligible Spanish accent.

And do not know what else to tell, there are many beaches, nightclubs, places of interest, monuments and museums to visit and have fun.

Today the situation is really bad, there is too much unemployment despite having great tourism infrastructure and large agricultural areas. Probably because Andalusia is one of the most deindustrialized region in Europe.

Well with that I think you can imagine how my region is, I hope you feel encouraged to tell something about your region.

PD: This is not a war or a competition about which region is better or something. Keep your prejudices out and try to be respectful.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: