Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: bron stans in a nutshell after g7:

Quote Originally Posted by moongaze
    I didn't round down. 39.8 is still part of 39, less than 40.
    I love that line of thought
    I don't want to ever hear that Kobe was a 25 ppg career scorer.
    Kobe is NOT good enough to be a career 25 ppg scorer. He's only a career 24.9947 scorer.

And don't any of y'al Kobe stans dare round up either. We'll be hear to stop that

Kobe, the player who is not good enough to be a 25 ppg career scorer

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Go to a store, buy something for $39.80, give the cashier $39 flat and see what happens
    are we talking about making purchases with exact change or are we talking basketball numbers were some people don't use the exact numbers? OK he shot 39.8. does that make you feel better? He still didn't shoot 40 percent

are we talking about making purchases with exact change or are we talking basketball numbers were some people don't use the exact numbers? OK he shot 39.8. does that make you feel better? He still didn't shoot 40 percent
    Close enough to 40%
    Kobe's not a 25 ppg scorer though. Just wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    He had the greater impact. It's not everyday you get to see a player dominate every aspect of the game the way LeBron does. Scoring is not the only thing, buddy. Irving was great no doubt but that is the Kyrie I was expecting to see since game 1.
    I agree it's not all about scoring and stats. I'm looking at impact as well. 1st quarter game 3 was the first solid punch the cavs had thrown at golden state in 7 games. Kyrie led the March. If you remember, lebron started that game off cold. Had Kyrie also started cold, the warriors would have liked on and the cavs would have likely not come back and would have gone down 3-0 heading to Oakland. That quarter changed the complexion of the series and gave the rest of the cavs confidence.

Game 5. 41 points on 70 percent shooting. 12 points in the 4tg when golden state was mounting a comeback. Had he shot the same percentage lebron had shot that game the cavs might have lost.

Game 7. Game winner ,self explanatory.

On top of that Kyrie guarded steph more than anyone on the cavs and held him to career low shooting. I'd argue that Kyrie was better in games 3,4,5 and 7.

I didn't round down. 39.8 is still part of 39, less than 40.
    you realize in any professional circle, 39.8% is 40%?

39.8% is 39.8%, but if you do wanna round and side with one specific number, do it right, or retake the first grade, kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Close enough to 40%
    Kobe's not a 25 ppg scorer though. Just wasn't good enough.
    That's fine cause I could care less about Kobe and I've always hated the Lakers. I'm a a fan of Kyrie more than anything but I'm still a cavs fans most.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

39.8% is 39.8%, but if you do wanna round and side with one specific number, do it right, or retake the first grade, kid...
    He hasn't taken elementary maths

They bran got 36 ppg 13 rpg and 9 apg in that finals fwiw

In what logical world is 39.8= 40. Do you even know how to count? 39.8 is less than 40. Professional circles use exact numbers, not rounded numbers to make things look better.

Ask yourself this is 39.8 still a part of 39 or is it 40? If I'm just speaking casually I'm going to say he shot 39 percent . It's closer to the truth than saying he did something he didn't.

Ask yourself this is 39.8 still a part of 39 or is it 40? If I'm just speaking casually I'm going to say he shot 39 percent . It's closer to the truth than saying he did something he didn't.
    The fact that you have to ask this shows you haven't been in school. If you did, you seem to have failed elementary maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    The fact that you have to ask this shows you haven't been in school. If you did, you seem to have failed elementary maths.
    I understand how rounding numbers works but for the fact of conversation and logic, what makes more sense? If you're not being exact and aren't rounding are you going to say he shot 40 percent, which he didn't or would you say he shot 39 percent for the series? I haven't seen one person say he shot 40 percent for the series. Every media outlet I've seen said he was 39 percent for the series

I understand how rounding numbers works but for the fact of conversation and logic, what makes more sense? If you're not being exact and aren't rounding are you going to say he shot 40 percent, which he didn't or would you say he shot 39 percent for the series? I haven't seen one person say he shot 40 percent for the series. Every media outlet I've seen said he was 39 percent for the series
    Please show me which media outlets said that Lebron shot 39% for the series?

There's no way any respectable outlet would make simple maths mistakes that even my 7 year old nephews wouldn't make.
    If someone shoots at the 0.5 or above, I round up. Everyone rounds up. No exceptions. It's what we're taught as kids. The only way you don't is if you mention the exact figure.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

What happened the 4yrs Irving tried to do it alone before James came back??
    Uh, it was actually three years and he was between 19-22 at the time... and the Cavs were actively trying to tank in all but one of those seasons.

Take a look at the 2013-14 Cavaliers roster. You tell me...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Uh, it was actually three years and he was between 19-22 at the time... and the Cavs were actively trying to tank in all but one of those seasons.

Take a look at the 2013-14 Cavaliers roster. You tell me...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html
    His point was that the Cavs were a sub-500 team before lebron came.
    Kyrie is amazing and provided teller perfect help to win this title. In the years preceding Lebron's return, the Cavs weren't a great team. That's all he said.

you realize 39.8 is closer to 40 than 39, which is why you ROUND at .5...

its not rounding UP, its just ROUNDING... a mathematical law, you idiot.