Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 09-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Are The W's Done?

They have their 15 man roster pretty much filled out and will invite another 3 to camp with them in Hawaii, but is this the team they plan to march out for the first game of the regular season? This team has yet to drastically improve and if anything, they've gotten worse with the depature of Richardson and the with the arrival or Brandan Wright. Troy Hudson could be a nice piece to backup Baron Davis, but what happened to the whole Ellis is the future point guard thing? This may spell some brewing of a trade for Mully. They are really close to that luxury tax threshold and in reality, can only afford one extension and thats for Andris Biedrins.

This team needed to get tougher on the inside and to find guys that will help on the boards. If given equal opportunities, Lasme will outrebound Wright about 80% of the time. If it was for a salary dump, then I can go for that. If they're putting the future of the PF spot in Wright's hands, then I'd say they're in trouble because I don't think BW could be a double digit rebounding guy and will probably hover at around 6-7 per game throughout an entire season. I'm not down on the guy and hope he proves me wrong, but his strong points aren't rebounding though he is athletic, has long arms, and has that keyword . . . . "potential".

This team has momentum going into this upcoming season and they need to put players in there that will improve them now and for the immediate future and put guys like Wright on the bench as students while gaining financial flexibility.

Scenario 1 : Send Harrington, O'Bryant, and Ellis to Cleveland for Drew Gooden and Ire Newble.

Newble is an expiring contract and Gooden's rebounding skils will upgrade this front court dramatically. He'll add size and toughness without compromising speed and athleticism. I think he'd like the idea of coming home to play for the Warriors. Cleveland gets 2 pieces that they need bad...a point guard and a shooter in Harrington. Ellis, James, Harrington, Varejao, and Z could be a nice line up in the East. This also frees up one additional roster spot which brings me to scenario 2.

Scenario 2: Play the wait and see game with Kirilenko and hope that Utah decides to buy him out. If they do, the Warriors should jump at a chance at signing this guy cheap somewhere in the $3-4M range. I think AK47 would enjoy playing for an uptempo team like the Warriors and may even sign for much less since he's already getting paid by the Jazz.

Line up:

PG Davis / Hudson
SG Jackson / Belinelli / Pietrus
SF Kirilenko / Barnes / Azuibuke
PF Gooden / Croshere / Wright
C Biedrins / Perovic / Lasme
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: