Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jrue Holiday drops 25 on Steve Nash

Holiday scores 25 to lift Sixers 123-110 -- The AP reports: The Philadelphia 76ers found a gear Wednesday night they didn

THE NEXT BIG THING

Default Re: Jrue Holiday drops 25 on Steve Nash

its the holiday season

Banned

lol DAWG

Learning to shoot layups

Jrue is very good, but he must improve his defense, and bring better decisions at the final moments of game. But he is still very young.

Saw a basketball once

Jrue is a future all star he will average 20-22 points 7/8 assts a game this season next season he will do even better

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by uksixersfan
    Jrue is a future all star he will average 20-22 points 7/8 assts a game this season next season he will do even better

Quote Originally Posted by uksixersfan

Quote Originally Posted by No.23
    Jrue is very good, but he must improve his defense, and bring better decisions at the final moments of game. But he is still very young.
    Improve defense how? He's guarding great Pgs night in and night out as a 20yr old. He's holding his own. All he needs to do in regards to helping his defense? Getting stronger. Once he does that he'll be good. You look across the league in terms of Pgs, its a tough position for anyone to defend.

I do agree he needs to make better decisions especially during crunch time. I think he should become a better table setter overall than he is today which is decent. If he improves this area of his game plus gets stronger? He may now be entering the discussion of top PGs in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Improve defense how? He's guarding great Pgs night in and night out as a 20yr old. He's holding his own. All he needs to do in regards to helping his defense? Getting stronger. Once he does that he'll be good. You look across the league in terms of Pgs, its a tough position for anyone to defend.

I do agree he needs to make better decisions especially during crunch time. I think he should become a better table setter overall than he is today which is decent. If he improves this area of his game plus gets stronger? He may now be entering the discussion of top PGs in the NBA.
    he will be one of the better PGs in the league, his defense is already pretty solid

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Interesting that you brought up his strength on the day it came in to question. When asked why he went with Turner a lot on Billups last night, Doug Collins answered "Chauncey Billups had too much strength for Jrue. I had to go with someone with more strenth defensively and that was Evan." Billups is about 20 lbs heavier so it makes sense.

I think he's still growing into his body. If you saw him on the street and he wasn't 6'4" you'd probably think he was a 16 year old kid. Doesn't look like he can grow 1 hair on his chin. Still a few years away from seeing his body's full maturation I believe but it's a fixable problem.

He weighed 185 before the draft, I'd like to see him be closer to 195-200. Guys like Billups/D. Williams/Kidd have played their careers in that 205 range and it never affected their defense in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    Interesting that you brought up his strength on the day it came in to question. When asked why he went with Turner a lot on Billups last night, Doug Collins answered "Chauncey Billups had too much strength for Jrue. I had to go with someone with more strenth defensively and that was Evan." Billups is about 20 lbs heavier so it makes sense.

I think he's still growing into his body. If you saw him on the street and he wasn't 6'4" you'd probably think he was a 16 year old kid. Doesn't look like he can grow 1 hair on his chin. Still a few years away from seeing his body's full maturation I believe but it's a fixable problem.

He weighed 185 before the draft, I'd like to see him be closer to 195-200. Guys like Billups/D. Williams/Kidd have played their careers in that 205 range and it never affected their defense in a negative way.
    Yeah thats why I'm in no rush for the kid to do things overnight. He came into the league young as hell. And today is still young. I say by age 22 he should be at a nice size/strength to really utlize his abilities defensively vs bigger/stronger guards. And also attacking/penetrating the basket.

Yeah Billups was just too strong for the youngster. I peeped that last night.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

It would have sounded better if you didn't put steve nash in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    True

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    haha true but cmon he doing work

Saw a basketball once

Where does Jrue rank amongst NBA pgs? http://swsh.us/qrlFba