Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Default Truehoop on Worldwide Wes, Reggie Rose, and Derrick Rose

Nothing I haven't been saying for over a year now, but nonetheless...
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Truehoop on Worldwide Wes, Reggie Rose, and Derrick Rose

It's kinda sad that your still bitter. Thats recruiting nowadays. Like it or not, get used to it.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Strawman.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Weber is great at ****ing up his recruiting. That is all I got to say.

How do you **** up Collins, Gordon and Rose in a two year span?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Combination of being in way over his head, an unwillingness to do shady things like Calipari does, and a tremendous amount of bad luck. (As much as I blame him for, Rose and Gordon aren't on that list. He may have royally screwed up the recruitment of Collins, Wright, Jerel McNeal, and so many others, but not those two. He played it as well as he could've and got boned.)

With the commits of Richmond, Richardson, Paul and Bertrand, and the commits of Anthony Johnson and Crandall Head sounding not far behind, it seems as if he's figured it out: if you're not gonna get involved in stuff like Calipari does, get in on kids early enough that they're loyal to you before that stuff happens. Future looks good, even if the next two years are gonna be iffy.

As an aside, as much as I like Izzo, him and Weber have gone head-to-head for only two guys since Weber came to Illinois, and Weber got both of them. If Izzo had landed Pruitt, MSU may have the back-to-the-basket scoring threat that could've put them over the top this year.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Combination of being in way over his head, an unwillingness to do shady things like Calipari does, and a tremendous amount of bad luck. (As much as I blame him for, Rose and Gordon aren't on that list. He may have royally screwed up the recruitment of Collins, Wright, Jerel McNeal, and so many others, but not those two. He played it as well as he could've and got boned.)

With the commits of Richmond, Richardson, Paul and Bertrand, and the commits of Anthony Johnson and Crandall Head sounding not far behind, it seems as if he's figured it out: if you're not gonna get involved in stuff like Calipari does, get in on kids early enough that they're loyal to you before that stuff happens. Future looks good, even if the next two years are gonna be iffy.

As an aside, as much as I like Izzo, him and Weber have gone head-to-head for only two guys since Weber came to Illinois, and Weber got both of them. If Izzo had landed Pruitt, MSU may have the back-to-the-basket scoring threat that could've put them over the top this year.

Let's see if Suton decides to grow some balls this season first cause technically speaking he CAN bring more on offense than Pruitt....It simply depends on how determined he is to be something more than just 1 of many big men that can play decently.

Either way, MSU is still a final four contender. I think their D, rebounding and finally some depth puts them in a better position than almost any team in the nation.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 AM   #7
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I just have a funny feeling that it's going to be an off-kilter season for Michigan State, that they still aren't going to get any post scoring and the veterans don't quite mesh with the freshman guards.

And I take no joy out of that because MSU is my second-favorite program in the nation.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
I just have a funny feeling that it's going to be an off-kilter season for Michigan State, that they still aren't going to get any post scoring and the veterans don't quite mesh with the freshman guards.

And I take no joy out of that because MSU is my second-favorite program in the nation.

Well any year with high expectations is a recipe for disaster in MSU's case.

I'm not worried about the bigs because just getting the defensive presence that they should provide and about 25 ppg from them combined is enough.

The guards I think will be fine. Neitzel and Walton are above average playmakers and aren't greedy. The three new guards all bring something different to the table so I expect Izzo to find them roles quickly. Of course I'll wait to till the first week or two has passed before I make any conclusions.

Not that I'm already giving up on this season, but I can't help but look forward to the following season cause Neitzel should be the only player leaving and we get Roe and Lucius. We have at least 3 years of final four contenders, which is great.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: