Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default Re: LO or Hedo

More like Odom and Hedo. Odom is best at PF for us and Hedo is a SF only.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ajay
we cant afford to get hedo apparently he wants a 50 mil contract

He is a very good player and I like him, but he could be the next Latrell Sprewell in terms of no other team would be ABLE to offer him that contract. Most teams are over the cap, the ones that are not are very reluctant to use that cap space bec. of the recent economic state.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #18
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

Lo over Hedo anyday all day.
Why?
Hedo Can create off the dribble, hit the three pass and defend smaller wing players. He can give you 16- 25ppg if he is on. If he is off well he's boned.

LO can hit the 3 on occassion, rebound like a demon from hell and guard wing and interior players where he is better at. He blocks well, not great or exceptional.. and his passing is excellent. Oh and he can give you 14-20 ppg if he gets the playing time.

LO has been labeled inconsistent, yet I like to think he does his numbers quietly. Meaning he fills in the gaps to even out a team. He is really an x-factor as it depends on what his game brings you that night. It seemed though that he had a focus and intent on doing damage in the playoffs this year until he got injured, then regained it as he healed.

Hedo is a scoring option. If he doesn't get his points and do the damage alongside Dwight. They are going to lose most games. He seems to lose confidence in his game. Rashard and crew would have to pick up their intensity and maintain it to offset what Hedo did not bring. He does not rebound well and avoids the banging that most euro players are not used to. He to me has maybe 2 more years at where he is at. Then I think his numbers will fall badly like Stojakovich.

To me LO has always been about doing what needed to be done to help the team. This is why I would take him over a scorer like Hedo.

Either way Hedo will get paid by someone..
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol there's a chance hedo's contract situation will help the lakers out. if the pistons or any other team decides to go after hedo that gives ariza one less option.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

even with unlimited finances I would pick LO's all around game any day of the week.
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:56 AM   #21
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Hedo was just with the right team, that played the right offense, with the right coach, at the right time in his career, with the right group of guys, with the right confidense at the right time. PERIOD.

The guy is good, but I mean... C'mon. He had a lot of pieces around him and at times he just didnt produce. tooo many times i seen 2-14 or 3-13 or something really low like that. Granted he does get assists, he doesnt defend or rebound well.

GIVE ME LAMAR ODOM.

Allday.EVERYday.

Lo, that Rebounding Beast gets it done. And so smooooothly..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #22
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man i'd sure as f*ck go with Odom, but that may go without saying. Hedo or Trev is a much better argument. (i should on record as saying the four people i think it would be crazy to move are Kobe, Pau, Lamar, and Trevor-- i consider them the four MOST VALUABLE pieces to our puzzle right now)
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
man i'd sure as f*ck go with Odom, but that may go without saying. Hedo or Trev is a much better argument. (i should on record as saying the four people i think it would be crazy to move are Kobe, Pau, Lamar, and Trevor-- i consider them the four MOST VALUABLE pieces to our puzzle right now)

Hopefully we can make it 6 as we will probably keep shannon and bynum will be getting paid like a star.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #24
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Hopefully we can make it 6 as we will probably keep shannon and bynum will be getting paid like a star.

Yeah, I see the same 4 as our group that we MUST keep.

Bynum and Brown are on the next small group that MIGHT get into the cycle and we NEED them to.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:10 AM   #25
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Odom is a legitimate 3, 4 and 5

Hedo is a legitimate 3.

HMMMMMM
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LO is much more valuable for what the Lakers need and thats a guy who can rebound and bang with the big boys. Since Bynum has been eratic, we need a guy who can play the 4 and some 5 and log heavy minutes. Hedo is a nice player, but we already have Ariza (hopefully) and Walton to man that positsion.

Besides the only way Hedo comes to LA is in a sign and trade. Highly unlikely.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
kobedablackmamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobedablackmamba has an OK reputation so far

Lo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kobedablackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #28
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LO>>>>Hedo. LO's versatility is priceless.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: