Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #16
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe reiterated trade request to Jerry Buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
gaadds i'm so tired of this crap from kobe... trade him now...
i want a team in LA not kobe and the lakers

I know he's overrated anyway, he's crap so get rid of him.
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #17
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

If Kobe is traded, it's the death of the Lakers. The mass exodus of fans, season ticket holders, TV contracts and other sponsorships would be devastating to the organization's bottom line. It's not going to happen.

Kobe has all the leverage and he's using it. Good for him, give 'em hell Kobe.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
If Kobe is traded, it's the death of the Lakers. The mass exodus of fans, season ticket holders, TV contracts and other sponsorships would be devastating to the organization's bottom line. It's not going to happen.

Leverage for what? The problem is the Lakers have backed themselves into making any legitimate tactical moves due to the CBA without decimating what they have. They go for JO and they have lost a lot of talent to do so. They go for any other marquee player and again, they are going to deplete their team since they dont have many trade assets. And every GM in the league knows the Lakers FO is a joke so they are squeezing them heavily.

The FO really screwed this one up.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #19
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

So long Kobe..
Thanks for being rebuild bait, and the memories you n shaq leave us.. I don't know how I will get over .. Oh wait I was over you the second time you ranted and blew any deals of a fair shake to get you help. Idiot.
Well all the kobe fans can now take off with him, And no.. somehow I think the laker franchise will NOT self implode over night or ever just because a great player leaves (shaq). Somehow everything goes on.

Trade his butt and get what what we can. I used to love Kobe.. but all this crap has just gotten me to the point where everyone needs change and needs to move on.
HASTA Kobe!
I would rather have the horrible scrubs we have now and add more peices from chicago for one of you.. for three...
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #20
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Who are you going to trade for that has the talent to put up 81 points in one game? Kobe is responsible for major, I repeat MAJOR ticket sales. He's also the reason why they have the most games on national TV, international TV and the reason the Lakers get as much press as they do. He also lead the league in jersey sales and is the main reason the Lakers sell out almost every road game they play, even in arenas where they never have sellouts.

It doesn't matter who you replace him with, people aren't going to be anywhere near as interested in seeing a product without Kobe as opposed to one with him. Yes, the FO dug this pit and are going to have to work extra hard to get themselves out of it, but it's not Kobe's fault, he's just bringing it to the attention of the fans and the media (again) because the team STILL has yet to make any moves to show they give a carp about keeping him. Who cares if you have to give up LO and Bynum for JO? That's a done deal to me. Trade 2 non-aggressive underacheivers for a big guy in his prime who wants to work hard and win? What are they waiting for? Stupid Jim Buss and his Bynum crush - if the Lakers are ish for the next 4-5 years while they "develop" bynum, there aren't going to be any fans left to watch him IF (and that's a giant IF) he ever gets to the point where he doesn't totally suck out there.

It didn't take many spectacular pieces around Kobe and Shaq to go deep into the playoffs, it wouldn't take much more than JO and a decent PG to get the Lakers on that path next year, but instead the FO continues to balk and stall, so Kobe had to take the word to the streets yet again. Dealing with this FO is like dealing with a 5 yr. old. No matter how many times you tell them to do something, the likelyhood they'll get it done is almost nil.

Last edited by Kobe4MVP : 06-16-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTerp
Everything I have been hearing is exactly what I proposed 3 weeks ago:

Deng, Gordon, #9 and filler to make salaries match.

I think both teams improve in that deal.

Lakers Starting 5:

Farmar
Gordon
Deng
LO
Bynum

With lots of potential for future in Bynum,Deng, Gordon, and #9,#19

Chicago

Kirk
Kobe
Noci
Thomas
Wallace

Duhon of bench

That team is definetly favored to win the east.
Sorry guy's, but I would do this trade in a heart beat and keep our young core in place with #9 and #19...Do it Mitch. This team will compete for years to come.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #22
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I think Kobe will be a laker for life. He's playing hard ball to
get Jerry to commit to some serious trades, to get them
back in the hunt. Shaq winning another stings him deeply.

I also think that NY will want Kobe big time and might give
up lots of young talent if a trade actually happens. I'll be
shocked though.

DON'T TRADE KB24

no....we cant even get close to as much from the knicks as we can the bulls.....there's no way in hell we trade kobe to the knicks......they have nothing....no!!....never!!!......

*but we should trade him to the bulls....they have actual talent...
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #23
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP

dude....you have your head shoved so far up kobe's ass you've lost all sight of the truth....are you kidding me, the "death" of the lakers.....the lakers existed long before kobe and will exist long after......and just for the record, scoring 81 points doesnt put people in the stands, its the championship banners that hang in the rafters, its the retired jerseys of previous laker greats, its the commrodery of the team of the court, and above all else...winning puts people in the stands......something mr. bryant hasnt done alot of without shaq......

i was on the fense about trading kobe before i read your post and now im 100% for trading him.....its laker fans like you that bother me.....

kobe for deng, gordon, brown, #9

bynum
odom
deng
gordon
farmar

...go get em boys......we finally will have a team again....not kobe

TRADE HIM PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #24
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
dude....you have your head shoved so far up kobe's ass you've lost all sight of the truth....are you kidding me, the "death" of the lakers.....the lakers existed long before kobe and will exist long after......and just for the record, scoring 81 points doesnt put people in the stands, its the championship banners that hang in the rafters, its the retired jerseys of previous laker greats, its the commrodery of the team of the court, and above all else...winning puts people in the stands......something mr. bryant hasnt done alot of without shaq......

i was on the fense about trading kobe before i read your post and now im 100% for trading him.....its laker fans like you that bother me.....

kobe for deng, gordon, brown, #9

bynum
odom
deng
gordon
farmar

...go get em boys......we finally will have a team again....not kobe

TRADE HIM PLEASE!!!!!!

Apeman222 you have my vote. All this talk about Kobe over the last month has made me sick and the things that comes out his mouth is killing us true lakers fans. I like the above line up can compete for yearsssss to come. Team first
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #25
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Kobe REALLY said he wants to be traded, then trade him ONLY IF we get quality in return.
Crap like this does NOT work: Arenas, EtanT, #16

Here are a few deals to choose from which still leaves Kobe's destination a decent team:

Chicago: Gordon, Deng, #9, filler
(heinrich, Kobe, Noce, TyThomas, Ben Wallace)

Boston: AlJeff, GeraldGreen, Gomes, #5, filler
(West, Kobe, PP, Perkins, Wally, MLE)

Memphis: Gay, Warrick, MikeMiller, #4, filler
(Lowry, Kobe, MLE, Swift, Gasol)

Charlotte: GeraldWallace, Okafor, #8
(Felton, Kobe, Hermann, SeanMay, Brezac, Morrison & lots of cap room)

Remember, we could always expand deals (Luke with s&t, or Kwame). Also, a third team can also be used to facilitate.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #26
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
If Kobe REALLY said he wants to be traded, then trade him ONLY IF we get quality in return.
Crap like this does NOT work: Arenas, EtanT, #16

Here are a few deals to choose from which still leaves Kobe's destination a decent team:

Chicago: Gordon, Deng, #9, filler
(heinrich, Kobe, Noce, TyThomas, Ben Wallace)

Boston: AlJeff, GeraldGreen, Gomes, #5, filler
(West, Kobe, PP, Perkins, Wally, MLE)

Memphis: Gay, Warrick, MikeMiller, #4, filler
(Lowry, Kobe, MLE, Swift, Gasol)

Charlotte: GeraldWallace, Okafor, #8
(Felton, Kobe, Hermann, SeanMay, Brezac, Morrison & lots of cap room)

Remember, we could always expand deals (Luke with s&t, or Kwame). Also, a third team can also be used to facilitate.

given those trades and those trades only....chicago is the best.....but i really like the charlotte trade too (but kobe isnt going to charlotte).....besides that, ehh on the other ones....
Old 06-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #27
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
given those trades and those trades only....chicago is the best.....but i really like the charlotte trade too (but kobe isnt going to charlotte).....besides that, ehh on the other ones....

kobe might like hangin' with MJ in Charlotte. Perhaps PJax goes with him!!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: