Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #196
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Washington post columnist *possibly* tortured & murdered by Saudis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverness
I'm not saying that evil governments killing dissidents should be ignored. I think it's important to realize that thousands are being murdered in the middle east. I'm saying that compared to Khashoggi, these issues matter more. A lot more.

Such a cop-out. If the President of the United States can't address more than one issue at a time given the number of aides, cabinet members, undersecretaries and department heads he has, maybe he should let Pence take over. The Saudis' recklessness in Yemen has been atrocious and they are dismembering detractors in foreign countries, but we can't possibly address those issues because half the time the President is tweeting or demanding that the military carry out political stunts.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #197
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Such a cop-out. If the President of the United States can't address more than one issue at a time given the number of aides, cabinet members, undersecretaries and department heads he has, maybe he should let Pence take over. The Saudis' recklessness in Yemen has been atrocious and they are dismembering detractors in foreign countries, but we can't possibly address those issues because half the time the President is tweeting or demanding that the military carry out political stunts.

I apologize. I got trolled by Simon.

I'm mostly frustrated with the mainstream media and how they focus too much on Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...focus-on-trump
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:52 AM   #198
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverness
I apologize. I got trolled by Simon.

I'm mostly frustrated with the mainstream media and how they focus too much on Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...focus-on-trump

I go back and forth as to whether the media should shift focus from him, but I always come back to the fact that looking away gives us an easy out to not deal with some of the hard truths regarding this administration, and it gives the administration an easy way to avoid scrutiny as they push their own narrative and reality. Most of the Trump supporters with whom I speak want to get away from talking about him not because it will improve national discourse or our ability to solve problems, but because they are finding it increasingly difficult to defend the things he says and does. I'm finding that it has become about maintaining their general support for him without having to think critically about him or deal with any negative and uncomfortable information.

I wish our national discussion could focus on other things, but I don't think that's a luxury we have right now, so we're going to need to find a way to focus on multiple things.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:51 AM   #199
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Quote:
To be fair to the Cleverness, Trump has the attention span of a fruit fly on a 2 week meth binge.
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #200
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter

director of the cia gina haspel briefed a group of senators today.

the deep state left the room and immediately started spreading fake news.

Quote:
NPR
‏@NPR

Just in: Emerging from a briefing by CIA Director Gina Haspel, top Senate Republicans said it’s clear that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was responsible for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Quote:
CNN Politics
‏@CNNPolitics

Saudi crown prince "ordered, monitored" killing of Jamal Khashoggi, Sen. Bob Corker says https://cnn.it/2Eea6tz

Quote:
The Hill
‏@thehill

JUST IN: Graham rips Saudi prince: “There’s not a smoking gun, there’s a smoking saw”

Quote:
Garrett Haake
@GarrettHaake

“You have to be willfully blind” to believe MBS didn’t orchestrate Khashoggi killing, @LindseyGrahamSC says. He says Pompeo being a “good soldier” last week when he said there was no direct evidence

Quote:
Aaron Blake
‏@AaronBlake

This Graham quote in particular:

"If they were in a Democratic administration, I would be all over them for being in the pocket of Saudi Arabia.”
SomeBlackDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #201
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Aaron Blake
‏@AaronBlake

This Graham quote in particular:

"If they were in a Democratic administration, I would be all over them for being in the pocket of Saudi Arabia.”

It's clear he didn't think through what he was saying here. Basically, if this were a Democratic administration, he'd find himself climbing the walls, but since it's a Republican administration, he's content to hem and haw and hope everyone forgets in a few months.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #202
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

I wish every western country would dump KSA and declare them an enemy state. I truly do. But it’s not going to happen.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #203
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II

Graham just want his Lockheed orders. Once the Saudi's oblige he'll shut up. Case is pretty much buried. Next.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #204
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
It's clear he didn't think through what he was saying here. Basically, if this were a Democratic administration, he'd find himself climbing the walls, but since it's a Republican administration, he's content to hem and haw and hope everyone forgets in a few months.

We all know how it is..

If Trump offers Graham the position of AG in his administration, Graham will shutup like the good lapdog he is and be right back to sucking off Trump.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #205
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter

Quote:
Lindsey Graham
‏@LindseyGrahamSC

Senate Measure Holds Saudi Crown Prince Accountable for Killing of Jamal Khashoggi

jared 'in the pocket' kushner and his pops-in-law are not gonna like this.
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #206
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter

that veto will be a public humiliation.

Quote:
Jim Sciutto
‏@jimsciutto

Breaking: In rebuke to Trump, Senate overwhelming approves resolution that would require US to end military support for Saudi-led war in Yemen, intended both to end the war and express anger at administration’s handling of relations with Saudi Arabia. Vote was 56-41

Quote:
Manu Raju
‏@mkraju

A double-whammy towards Saudi Arabia and White House’s handling of the Khashoggi murder. Senate approves resolution pulling back US support for Yemen war. And just now, Senate approves by voice vote resolution condemning MBS. Pressure now on House on whether to take up MBS plan

nice primer for this:

Get Ready for Mueller’s Phase Two: The Middle East Connection
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #207
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
that veto will be a public humiliation.

nice primer for this:

Get Ready for Mueller’s Phase Two: The Middle East Connection
CNN “Reporters”

Why is it a “rebuke” to Trump? Is he some soft of big advocate of the Yemen war or something?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #208
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
CNN “Reporters”

Why is it a “rebuke” to Trump? Is he some soft of big advocate of the Yemen war or something?

It's in the tweet...

Quote:
intended both to end the war and express anger at administration’s handling of relations with Saudi Arabia.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: