Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    So basically its going to be the best game ever?
    From the looks of these reviews, I wouldn't doubt it, but I expect GTA V & Watch Dogs to be just as hyped, if not more.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    From the looks of these reviews, I wouldn't doubt it, but I expect GTA V & Watch Dogs to be just as hyped, if not more.
    I fully expect GTA V to be the greatest game ever made, surpassing Uncharted 2 & Ocarina of Time. It would be an amazing achievement for the current gen to go out with such a bang (GTA & The Last Of Us).

Watch Dogs is hands down the most promising looking title for the next gen though, I am still unsure if the actual game will match its incredibly high ambition. As well, I'm not sure if the whole "concept" is intriguing enough for me but the game is just gorgeous.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

This is an article posted on Grantland yesterday. It's a review of the game, but more from a big picture, cultural kind of a sense. It may come off as a little pompous I suppose, but it's an excellent read about video games as a whole.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-game-last-us

And for thesis, there is another gameplay demo from E3 on Watch Dogs I saw last night on youtube that was really interesting to me.
    Other than a few minor flaws, like the fact that the buddy you're trying to help escape is named T'Bone, it was the most impressive display of the gameplay I've seen yet, in that I got a real sense of how you can use the "hack" mechanic in an open world game setting to get things done. I have a fear of that mechanic being a little too gimmicky. That you'll do a few things and then repeat ad nauseum. But this really got me excited about that game even more.

And I agree Naughty Dog and Rockstar are really in a class by themselves, with perhaps Eidos Montreal just a tick below.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    This is an article posted on Grantland yesterday. It's a review of the game, but more from a big picture, cultural kind of a sense. It may come off as a little pompous I suppose, but it's an excellent read about video games as a whole.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-game-last-us

And for thesis, there is another gameplay demo from E3 on Watch Dogs I saw last night on youtube that was really interesting to me.
    Other than a few minor flaws, like the fact that the buddy you're trying to help escape is named T'Bone, it was the most impressive display of the gameplay I've seen yet, in that I got a real sense of how you can use the "hack" mechanic in an open world game setting to get things done. I have a fear of that mechanic being a little too gimmicky. That you'll do a few things and then repeat ad nauseum. But this really got me excited about that game even more.

And I agree Naughty Dog and Rockstar are really in a class by themselves, with perhaps Eidos Montreal just a tick below.
    I've seen it bro. It looks insane, love the idea but like you said I hope it isn't repetitive. The Last of Us got a shitty review finally, receiving 60% from some site. After reviewing the site; it gave BioShock Infinite 3 stars too (60%). But gave Metro: Last Light and Assassins Creed 3 100%; and gave Halo 4 1 star (20%).

Take it with a grain of salt, but of course the game's overall score took a giant hit to 95.

Still 32 perfect scores out of 69 is incredible.

This is the Watch Dog video I was talking about. It shows a lot of elements using that hack function that really helped set at ease my concerns about it's becoming too boring. They show a lot of different uses, and talks about the ability to take different approaches to the same mission. Really looks awesome. I should post this in that thread too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww

Watch Dogs is for PS3, too, right? I mean, I want to get a PS4, but not immediately. And if Watch Dogs is coming out for current gen systems, I'll be good for a long time playing that, GTA V, Saints Row 4 & The Last of Us.

Will this be on PS4 eventually? I don't have a PS3 but I plan on getting PS4

Naughty Dog rules!!!

Watch Dogs is for PS3, too, right? I mean, I want to get a PS4, but not immediately. And if Watch Dogs is coming out for current gen systems, I'll be good for a long time playing that, GTA V, Saints Row 4 & The Last of Us.

I thought it was a Next Gen exclusive, but they said in that video that they've committed to a November release for the PS3, and they have a fluid date for the PS4, depending on how firm that release date gets.

So yeah, it looks like you can get that for the PS3.

I haven't heard any info on Last of Us being available Next Gen.

Personally I'm a little torn, because I'd like to get Watch Dogs for the PS4, and get the new system on release, but I'm afraid I won't be done with GTAV, which is gonna be enormous, and I'm not sure I can get it done by the time PS4 is ready to go.

Uhm yeah, best game I have ever played by a significant margin.
    I didn't think it was possible for them to create something so perfect.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Nice. I'm definitely going to have to pick it up in a month or two. Let us know just how great it turns out and how quickly you finish it. No spoilers.
    Got the game at 1:20 am last night, just finished playing it.
    I am really tired so I'm going to take a nap until like 6pm and finish it off (hopefully) tonight. I saw a walkthrough online and it says there's 10 parts to the walkthrough, I only just finished part 5. I played about 10 hours now, so about 60% complete?

The game is amazing, I'm just dazzled at the environment. So much detail it's astonishing. The only somewhat negative I have is that although you can explore the environments and admire how beautiful and detailed everything is; it is still a somewhat linear game, but does allow you to take numerous routes. For example, I had instances where I can either kill the enemy or simply take a different route and sneak by them without ever killing them. Or I can try to look for a path that will allow me to sneak up and perform a melee attack. It's definitely A LOT more free then Uncharted but it isn't like an RPG, it still guides you on where you need to go.

IT IS A VERY DISTUBRING GAME; I have read that on many occassions from critics, but I'd say even they have underestimated the maturity that is this game. It's not only terrifying, heart-wrenching and down-right creepy; it really touches your heart and makes you feel human. You will get emotional throughout the game and I still haven't even finished it.

If I was to combine Uncharted, Resident Evil and Silent Hill = The Last Of Us, but better then even Uncharted 2 or RE 4, IMO.

Bottom line, go get this ****ing game it's incredible.

Autosave glitch.

Which is weird since the Devs should have had to download the update when they released it, and I know they've been playing the disk for two weeks.

Just got it 10 minutes ago:

Let's see what the hype is about, I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Mine just arrived too.

I guess I'll put the other games (Heavy Rain, Beyond Good and Evil) I was playing on hold for a bit.