Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #16
k0kakw0rld
The Special One

Default Re: Utah Jazz @ New Orleans Pelicans GT: 4:00 PM [Battle for the 8th seed-link inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Davis only caring about stats per usual
Because being 4th in the West, with your main guy down isn't an amazing feat in itself?

You ain't got no choice to hate him, he is the one that will make you disappear from this forum forever. Unless you create other ALTS.
k0kakw0rld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #17
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Default Re: Utah Jazz @ New Orleans Pelicans GT: 4:00 PM [Battle for the 8th seed-link inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
The man had 10 blocks, they were daring anyone but him to shoot the ball in the 4th. The f-kers couldn't hit anything. He only took 2 shots in the fourth. Testimony of how horrible his coach is. Still fourth in the West. No one is safe at this point, not even the Spurs, Wolves, Thunder it's a crazy year.

They had a fine 4th quarter. AD was 9/22 for the game. Forcing it to him for contested 2s against Gobert would be a worse idea.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #18
fsvr54
Bitch Hands

People act like the Pels are a one man show. Jrue Holiday is the most disrespected player in the league, he picks up a BUNCH of slack for that team.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #19
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
The man had 10 blocks, they were daring anyone but him to shoot the ball in the 4th. The f-kers couldn't hit anything. He only took 2 shots in the fourth. Testimony of how horrible his coach is. Still fourth in the West. No one is safe at this point, not even the Spurs, Wolves, Thunder it's a crazy year.

The problem is Gobert owns Davis if he gets near the rim. Tonight was probably the best game he's had around the rim against Rudy. Usually he stays on the perimeter.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #20
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
People act like the Pels are a one man show. Jrue Holiday is the most disrespected player in the league, he picks up a BUNCH of slack for that team.

I'd certainly trade him for Rubio!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #21
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I'd certainly trade him for Rubio!

The guy that Ricky just dropped 30 on?

I'm not sure you are qualified to make any more statements on the Jazz this year, all this Rubio hate (mostly because of me) when he's been balling out of control and the team is in position to snatch a playoff spot largely because of his steady hand, it's ridiculous, he's added an element of cohesion that has led to Mitchell's rise and Ingles improvement, and an overall sense of tight chemistry that wasn't in place last year, but it's all his fault when things go wrong, hmm/

+A stream of free wins coming up against the tank brigade if they can get past the underperforming Pistons, stealing one of these next two from GSW is crucial, and taking down the Wolves/Clippers in the final stretch could give them more than enough room to make the playoffs.

My cautious prediction is 48 wins, which would put them one or two ahead of my generously calculated and constantly fluctuating Denver total and 5 above what I think the Clippers will finish with.

I think they could sneak ahead of the Wolves if they fall flat but they are a pesky bunch and will probably have a comfortable cushion going into the final week, Denver knocking them (MN) out of contention in the last game is my dream scenario atm
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #22
Xiao Yao You

The Jazz were the worst road team in the league and were horrible defensively before Gobert came back from his last injury. They've won without Rubio. They've won with Rubio playing horribly which has mostly been the case. They've won without Mitchell. The one thing they haven't done the past 3 years is be good without Gobert.

Rubio gets away with his matador D because of Gobert. They survive Ricky missing lay ups because of Rudy. They get by with Ricky's bricks because of Rudy. They win despite Ricky's horrible passes because of Rudy. Without him they suck and their starting pg sucks the most.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #23
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Jazz lookin sp00ky Love Mitchell and Ingles

That whole northwest division might make the playoffs
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #24
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
The Jazz were the worst road team in the league and were horrible defensively before Gobert came back from his last injury. They've won without Rubio. They've won with Rubio playing horribly which has mostly been the case. They've won without Mitchell. The one thing they haven't done the past 3 years is be good without Gobert.

Rubio gets away with his matador D because of Gobert. They survive Ricky missing lay ups because of Rudy. They get by with Ricky's bricks because of Rudy. They win despite Ricky's horrible passes because of Rudy. Without him they suck and their starting pg sucks the most.

Ricky's turnovers are way down and he is excellent defensively. Has the Jazz front office called you back for an interview yet?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #25
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Ricky's turnovers are way down and he is excellent defensively. Has the Jazz front office called you back for an interview yet?

Shouldn't he play in front of his man on defense?
Old 03-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #26
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Shouldn't he play in front of his man on defense?

Mitchell gets beat far more often than Ricky, and every point guard gets past his man. If they couldn't get past you one-on-one, they wouldn't be a starter in the association.

George Hill is an excellent defender, well-known to be, and you thought his defense sucked. You just don't know basketball.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #27
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Mitchell gets beat far more often than Ricky, and every point guard gets past his man. If they couldn't get past you one-on-one, they wouldn't be a starter in the association.

George Hill is an excellent defender, well-known to be, and you thought his defense sucked. You just don't know basketball.

When did I say Hill's defense sucked?

Mitchell is a rookie and getting better. He was great on Oladipo. Rubio has been billed as a great defender. I've seen someone that plays behind his guy trying to gamble for steals.

Why are we comparing a rookie to the 2nd highest paid player on the team?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #28
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
When did I say Hill's defense sucked?

Mitchell is a rookie and getting better. He was great on Oladipo. Rubio has been billed as a great defender. I've seen someone that plays behind his guy trying to gamble for steals.

Why are we comparing a rookie to the 2nd highest paid player on the team?

I don't know, maybe because you keep complaining about Ricky as it pertains to the now and talking up Mitchell... as it pertains to the now?

During this 20 game stretch, Mitchell using a possession has been WORSE than Ricky. And you complained about Hill not living up to his defensive moniker ALL THE TIME.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #29
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
I don't know, maybe because you keep complaining about Ricky as it pertains to the now and talking up Mitchell... as it pertains to the now?

During this 20 game stretch, Mitchell using a possession has been WORSE than Ricky. And you complained about Hill not living up to his defensive moniker ALL THE TIME.

Hill was playing a bad toe unfortunately. Ricky has no excuse other than he can't shoot, has mental issues and isn't a very smart player. The other team is focusing on Mitchell and he is having a hard time. I'm certainly not worried about him because he learns and gets better. I am worried about any future with Ricky in the starting line-up and playing big minutes though
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: