Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2018, 07:25 AM   #46
aj1987
MH!

Default Re: Stephen Jackson: (Now that Kyrie is Gone) Eastern Teams ain't Scared of Cavs No More.

While we're at it, here's a video of one of LeBron's biggest haters implying that the Raptors are terrified of LeBron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalPDqU-JSU
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:08 PM   #47
sbw19
Good college starter

Default Re: Stephen Jackson: (Now that Kyrie is Gone) Eastern Teams ain't Scared of Cavs No More.

Since winning his first MVP, LeBron's teams have either had the best or second best point differential in the eastern conference. That includes last season's "mediocre team" that won 51 games and were masquerading as ex-defending champs.

The Cavs are currently tied with the heat for sixth in the EC for point differential, and it isn't exactly a close 6th or a good indicator they're going to steamroll the competition like they did a year ago. Offensively they've gotten worse. Defensive they've gotten worse. Yet somehow they're a better team than last year.

As much as I find a huge LeBron homer like Wright incredibly comical at times, he's much closer to the being right with his 4-1 Cavs over GS Finals prediction than you are about calling them mediocre however you define that term.

If you think exceeding the unanimous EC predictions by sweeping their first two series lend credit to your argument of how awful people thought they were, then I'm not gonna argue with you about that point anymore.

In fact, here you go. I'm conceding. Cavs were mediocre, it's just that the EC opponents were not scared but somehow forgot how the def-champs were in the same class as they were, and elected not to show up. Happy now?

I'm bored and this discussion has gotten stale. Very.

If you truly believe the Cavs are truly better without Kyrie, then you should have no problem believing they'll at least match last season's playoff record or better it.

Tell you what, I say they lose at least four games in the playoffs. If I'm wrong I don't post in a LeBron or Kyrie related thread next season including the playoffs. If I'm right, the same applies to you. Bets off if LeBron injured and misses games.

What say you?
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:25 AM   #48
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbw19
Since winning his first MVP, LeBron's teams have either had the best or second best point differential in the eastern conference. That includes last season's "mediocre team" that won 51 games and were masquerading as ex-defending champs.

The Cavs are currently tied with the heat for sixth in the EC for point differential, and it isn't exactly a close 6th or a good indicator they're going to steamroll the competition like they did a year ago. Offensively they've gotten worse. Defensive they've gotten worse. Yet somehow they're a better team than last year.
Let me try to go real slow, because I've been repeating it constantly and you don't seem to understand.

The Cavs have put out pretty much a different lineup every single game. IIRC, they hold the record for the most in the history of the sport. Part of that has to do with nearly half his team being injured. The only other Cavalier, who has come close to playing a lot is JR. That's it. Every other player has missed a whole bunch of time. Isaiah, the dude who was supposed to be Kyrie's replacement, played his first game in Jan. Love has missed a ton of time, TT has been injured most of the season, Nance has missed time, etc..

You think the Cavs from last season would've won 51 games and have had that PD if Kyrie, Love, and TT missed a significant period of time?

Quote:
As much as I find a huge LeBron homer like Wright incredibly comical at times, he's much closer to the being right with his 4-1 Cavs over GS Finals prediction than you are about calling them mediocre however you define that term.
So, you're saying that the '17 Cavs were a beast team last season?

Quote:
If you think exceeding the unanimous EC predictions by sweeping their first two series lend credit to your argument of how awful people thought they were, then I'm not gonna argue with you about that point anymore.
I'm sorry, but is English your first language, because there seems to be some lack of understanding on your part. Again, let me try once more. Literally no one expected the Cavs to sweep through the EC, because they were a mediocre team. They wouldn't have won 51 either if they didn't get off to a hot start. They were a sub .500 team since Jan.

Quote:
In fact, here you go. I'm conceding. Cavs were mediocre, it's just that the EC opponents were not scared but somehow forgot how the def-champs were in the same class as they were, and elected not to show up. Happy now?
Yeah, the EC teams were scared of a chucking PG, who never even made the PO's without LeBron. Makes a ton of sense.

I'm bored and this discussion has gotten stale. Very.

Quote:
If you truly believe the Cavs are truly better without Kyrie, then you should have no problem believing they'll at least match last season's playoff record or better it.
I never said that the current Cavs are better than the '17 Cavs. You're insinuating that. The current Cavs also have ZERO chance of matching last seasons record because this team has been decimated with injuries, while last seasons team was relatively healthy.

Quote:
Tell you what, I say they lose at least four games in the playoffs. If I'm wrong I don't post in a LeBron or Kyrie related thread next season including the playoffs. If I'm right, the same applies to you. Bets off if LeBron injured and misses games.
The Current teams in the EC are better than what the Cavs faced last season. Also, as I keep saying, the Cavs have been injured most of the season.

Quote:
What say you?
I say that you should try to read my posts before you reply.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #49
sbw19
Good college starter

Itís unfortunate that youíve run away from the bet when many EC teamsí best players have been struggling with injuries. Show a little more faith in your vaunted superstar and his better team next time youíre challenged to a bet with favorable odds, if you want to be taken seriously.

For now youíve earned yourself a well-deserved spot on the ignore list, until LeBron bests or equals last yearís one-loss conference run. Or wins another title at GSís expense without Kyrie.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #50
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Itís unfortunate that youíve run away from the bet when many EC teamsí best players have been struggling with injuries. Show a little more faith in your vaunted superstar and his better team next time youíre challenged to a bet with favorable odds,if you want to be taken seriously.
Run away from a bet? Half the team has been injured, fool. How hard is that to understand? Would you have bet on the Lakers winning the title in '09 or '10 if Gasol was injured?

How are you not able to grasp that basic concept?

Quote:
For now youíve earned yourself a well-deserved spot on the ignore list, until LeBron bests or equals last yearís one-loss conference run. Or wins another title at GSís expense without Kyrie.
Thanks for proving yourself to be a complete and utter idiot. Now you can go back to making up shit and basically lying, hoping that people are not going to watch the actual video.

Just to sum it up, you lied in the title of the thread, you can't comprehend why an injury riddled team can't perform at the same level as a fully healthy team, you can't seem to grasp the fact that LeBron (not Kyrie) was the reason why the Cavs went 12-0 and took a game from GSW, and finally Jackson was implying that other teams got better and the Cavs are injury depleted (he never mentioned Kyrie or insinuated that he was the reason).

Good try though, kiddo.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:44 AM   #51
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

People just anointing the Cavs and ignoring their red flags.

Forget their defense sucks, forget they have a lot of guys with not a lot of playoff experience, they have a coaching influx, LeBron is getting older (even though many think he can play till he's 46 because he's THE ALMIGHTY LEBRON)

We have reached the point where we act as if the Finals is Cleveland's birthright.

They have a lot of issues and yet all I hear is THEY HAVE LEBRON AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:54 AM   #52
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star

so theyre afraid of a 24ppg scorer but not to a 27ppg scorer. LOL This goes to show that stats are overrated. And I cant imagine how afraid they are of kobe who is a 30ppg scorer and all substance. No statpadding. No wonder these players respect kobe more than bron.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #53
sbw19
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
People just anointing the Cavs and ignoring their red flags.
I think most knowledgeable fans concur that the Cavs are no longer in a class of their own in the east. They are a good to a very good team playing other good to very good teams.

If they repeat as EC champs I'd be shocked if they don't struggle against at least one of their opponents, and I'm by no means a fringe minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
so theyre afraid of a 24ppg scorer but not to a 27ppg scorer.

It's more than just that. Boston literally lost GH five minutes into the season, and Kyrie is recovering as we speak. They make the most with what they have, no drama no fuss.

Would hardly be a stretch saying they'd be favorites if all teams're fully healthy and ready to roll.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:54 AM   #54
34-24 Footwork
3-6 MAFIA!!

The east still lacks those tough defenders AND scorers that you need to defend Lebron.

Quite frankly, the way James Johnson played Lebron about a week ago in Miami was picture perfect. He scored on him at will and stopped Lebron several times.

Not sure how many defenders of that kind are out East
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:12 AM   #55
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
The east still lacks those tough defenders AND scorers that you need to defend Lebron.
That's weird, because LeBron always performs better against WC teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Quite frankly, the way James Johnson played Lebron about a week ago in Miami was picture perfect. He scored on him at will and stopped Lebron several times.

Not sure how many defenders of that kind are out East
Again, pretty weird. You sure that you watched the game, princess? JJ was 1/3 when guarded by LeBron and passed the ball 3 other times. Jeff Green was his primary defender. LeBron was guarding Josh Richardson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZrRKZ_1J5k

Quote:
so theyre afraid of a 24ppg scorer but not to a 27ppg scorer. LOL This goes to show that stats are overrated. And I cant imagine how afraid they are of kobe who is a 30ppg scorer and all substance. No statpadding. No wonder these players respect kobe more than bron.
The Lakers were barely a .500 team when Kobe averaged 35 PPG. Let that sink in, statnerd.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #56
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Cavs are really gonna miss Kyrie in the playoffs. It really stinks that he wanted out.

I don't think anyone would really be stunned if they didn't make it out this year.

Cavs are still playing sloppy free-styling bball. Effort comes and goes. TT and JR have had really bad seasons this year and they were both crucial pieces to the cavs' past success. Both have started showing some life over the past few games but the consistency isn't there yet.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #57
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

They're going to miss Kyrie in the playoffs, but a lot of Eastern teams look too terrible for me to take Jackson's statement seriously. If Boston is completely back to 100%, they have a chance to beat them. But it's very difficult for a player to come back to PS and instantly be able to hit them. Raptors have the best depth in the league, but their two leaders are the biggest losers in the playoffs. I still remember the interviews they gave 2 years ago, each of them about Lebron. Loser mentality for the trash brothers, the ultimate losers. Sixers and a healthy Boston are teams I have faith in hurting the Cavs. Raptors need to prove it to me to have faith in them.. they can do it, they've just let me down whenever I thought they can step up.

The other teams are completely irrelevant and Lebron will run a train on them.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #58
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
That's weird, because LeBron always performs better against WC teams.

Again, pretty weird. You sure that you watched the game, princess? JJ was 1/3 when guarded by LeBron and passed the ball 3 other times. Jeff Green was his primary defender. LeBron was guarding Josh Richardson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZrRKZ_1J5k

The Lakers were barely a .500 team when Kobe averaged 35 PPG. Let that sink in, statnerd.

And? kobe has 5 rings, at least 1 respected ring while lebron none.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #59
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Why do people listen to this illiterate pos? He got his ass handed to him by a fan, this fake tough guy shouldn't be on tv, he never says anything respectable.
Just realized im not banned, it was supposed to be until may

MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #60
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
And? kobe has 5 rings, at least 1 respected ring while lebron none.
Lebron in 14 seasons won more FMVP's than Kobe in 20.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: