Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #31
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Re: Playoff Standings At End of Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
East

Before the season, I had Boston winning the East, but, to adjust and keep the rest as is:

1] Cleveland
2] Milwakuee
3] Washington
4] Boston
5] Toronto
6] Detroit
7] Miami
8] Philadelphia

I'd swap the Wolves with Portland in my Western Picks

1] Golden State
2] Oklahoma City
3] San Antonio
4] Houston
5] Denver
6] Los Angeles Clippers
7] Portland
8] New Orleans

Why this? I don't understand why everyone is so high on this team. Cousins and Davis put up big numbers and Pelicans lose. They got no one outside those two. I could never put them above Memphis of Timberwolves.

I think Utah has a chance to be better.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #32
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiagoSimoes
OKC was a top 10 defense last season, and this year they added Patterson and PG. They also got rid of Semaj and Kanter, who were by far the worst defenders in the team rotation(even worse than Abrines and way worse than Melo).

Westbrook(when he tries), Roberson, PG, Adams, Grant, Patterson. Those are 5 plus defenders, including 2 of the best wing defenders in the league and a great defensive anchor in Adams.

At worst thats a top 10 defense again and im betting on a top5

I didn't know they were top 10 last year. Where do you find team defense ranking? By the way I expect Portland to be top 10 in defense.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #33
Dr. Cheesesteak
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I didn't know they were top 10 last year. Where do you find team defense ranking? By the way I expect Portland to be top 10 in defense.
how? W/ Lillard and McCollum? They only added Swanigan and ZCollins, right? And loss Crabbe only? Those dudes are suddenly gonna skyrocket the Blazers D? I'm almost certain now you're just a delusional homer.

Btw, here's is team D rankings https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/...gular%20Season

edit:
as you can see, Portland was 21st last season...

Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak : 10-20-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #34
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Why this? I don't understand why everyone is so high on this team. Cousins and Davis put up big numbers and Pelicans lose. They got no one outside those two. I could never put them above Memphis of Timberwolves.

Gentry isn't utilizing the team properly and outside of those two, Holiday is still a solid contributor with decent role guys (Crawford, Hill, Clark & Allen).

I could see Utah & Minny, but I can't see Memphis making the playoffs this year, at all.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #35
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
how? W/ Lillard and McCollum? They only added Swanigan and ZCollins, right? And loss Crabbe only? Those dudes are suddenly gonna skyrocket the Blazers D? I'm almost certain now you're just a delusional homer.

Btw, here's is team D rankings https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/...gular%20Season

edit:
as you can see, Portland was 21st last season...

Because I think Blazers were something like top 15 when Nurkic showed up last year. Meaning they were shit all year and made a dramatic improvement.

I'm not the only one saying that. Even Portland media that trashed the defense last year is saying it looks a lot better. Just watch man. I really believe they are going to be top 10.

I'll have to research it again but the Blazers made huge strides defensively when Nurkic got here. I know it's the Suns but I actually saw Lillard block Devin Booker on a drive last game. He had 3 blocks lol. Harkless had Josh Jackson on lockdown.

Everyone looks like they're buying in. Lillard really did improve defensivley. The Blazers have the Aminu/Harkless duo which I love. So unique. I don't think any team has a combo like that.

EDIT: The Blazers went from 26 in defensive rating to 13 when Nurkic got here. Just looked up an article on this. That's a big leap. And he was fat last year.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/4/1...rim-protection

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 10-20-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #36
Dr. Cheesesteak
National High School Star

Quote:
The Blazers have the Aminu/Harkless duo which I love. So unique. I don't think any team has a combo like that.
If you mean defensive versatility, you're probably right. The Cavs (LeBron + Crowder) would be the only team I could think.

I think Boston (Jayson + Jaylen) and OKC (Melo + PG13) are the only other teams w/ starting duo-SFs, rather than have a true PF? Of course, defensively (Tatum's D pending) they don't compare to Portland's or Cleveland's starting SF duos.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #37
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:

Utah should be better than the Pelicans at least until they clean house before the all-star break
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #38
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
If you mean defensive versatility, you're probably right. The Cavs (LeBron + Crowder) would be the only team I could think.

I think Boston (Jayson + Jaylen) and OKC (Melo + PG13) are the only other teams w/ starting duo-SFs, rather than have a true PF? Of course, defensively (Tatum's D pending) they don't compare to Portland's or Cleveland's starting SF duos.

Yeah I meant defense. Their offense is kind of trash. Aminu and Harkless are players that you can't rely on to make open 3's.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #39
TiagoSimoes
Gotta love the L's

Quote:

Usually i use espn's advanced stats. Stats -> team statistics. They were #10 and on paper have better defensive personnel than last season.

Im not sure about Portland's defense, they have Nurkic and some pretty good role players, but obviously you have CJ and Lillard playing alot of minutes so you take a hit on that side of the court
TiagoSimoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #40
TiagoSimoes
Gotta love the L's

Quote:
Everyone looks like they're buying in. Lillard really did improve defensivley. The Blazers have the Aminu/Harkless duo which I love. So unique. I don't think any team has a combo like that.

OKC has PG and Roberson, you really cant find a better defensive wing duo than that on the league. Both are super versatile and can cover 1-4

But yeah like i said u have some really nice defensive role players, like Aminu and Harkless
TiagoSimoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #41
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Blazers just held Pacers to 96 points. They scored 140 two night before.

I don't want to hear shit about Myles Turner. He wasn't going to add 44 points to their total. The might have scored fewer points. I heard the Pacers broadcasters were talking about the Blazers new defense.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:00 AM   #42
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

[quote=Smoke117]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Western Conference

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Blazers
6. Clippers
7. Lakers
8. Timberwolves

How on earth anyone could think the Lakers are going to be better than the Timberwolves is also amazing. Laker fans continuing that long lasting tradition of absolute delusion.

We have enough firepower on offense when KCP returns Sunday and he'll also do work on most elite PGs, Pistons went from a garbage defense to 8th with this guy, he's also a good volume 3-pt shooter and will probably be even better with Lonzo.

I'm being serious - this Lakers' team has enough depth and offensive firepower to be in the mix for the 7-8 seed...they are completely different with Lonzo, Lopez & KCP...Ingram's already had the best game of his career 2 games in with Lonzo despite having the green light for most of last season.

Lopez, Nance Jr., Ingram, KCP & Lonzo starting 5
Randle, Clarkson, Kuzma, Brewer, Bogut, Deng bench

that's a solid roster. Should be good enough for a top 10 offense and a top 15 defense, which = 7-8 seed.
ImKobe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:10 AM   #43
tanibanana
Serious playground baller

Dont sleep on Blake and the Clippers... they will take that 7th spot.
tanibanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:15 AM   #44
scuzzy
The DM Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe

We have enough firepower on offense when KCP returns Sunday and he'll also do work on most elite PGs, Pistons went from a garbage defense to 8th with this guy, he's also a good volume 3-pt shooter and will probably be even better with Lonzo.

I'm being serious - this Lakers' team has enough depth and offensive firepower to be in the mix for the 7-8 seed...they are completely different with Lonzo, Lopez & KCP...Ingram's already had the best game of his career 2 games in with Lonzo despite having the green light for most of last season.

Lopez, Nance Jr., Ingram, KCP & Lonzo starting 5
Randle, Clarkson, Kuzma, Brewer, Bogut, Deng bench

that's a solid roster. Should be good enough for a top 10 offense and a top 15 defense, which = 7-8 seed.
scuzzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:26 AM   #45
NugzFan
NBA rookie of the year

Wow. Nice to see Denver still in a lot of people's top 8 because we looked bad the other night.

If that's a sign of things to come , making the playoffs in the tough west is going to be insanely difficult.
NugzFan is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: