Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #16
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Re: what's next ...

Quote:
is ESPN just wrong?
yes.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #17
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

What's with DA? Does he fit into the plan for next season?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #18
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I hope. Even if he just gets very limited playing time, he came up big for us last year.

What is the FO doing? We haven't heard jack for about a week or two.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 AM   #19
sirfreshness
I usually hit open layups

Since nothing has been going on, in terms of media coverage, they must be working on an extension for Emeka as the biggest priority.

Im just going to throw this out there, I know it very highly unlikely to happen, but what if we could trade for Yi? I know he wants a "big" market, and wants to play somewhere with a larger Asian population (preferably on the west coast), but what if we traded the Bucks May (need a PF) and Ammo (need SF and SG depth), plus a future first. I know its quite delusional but with not much going on I think we should make some crazy suggestions.
sirfreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:41 AM   #20
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Although Yi would be nice.... Milwaukee at least plays on National TV every once in a while
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:43 AM   #21
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

If KG really is going to Boston then MJ and crew darned well better have something up their sleeves for the Cats. We can't afford for the other Eastern teams to get too much better than they already are.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #22
sirfreshness

What about working out a deal with Portland, they have four PGs on their roster (Blake, Jack, Sergio, Green) plus they own the rights to the young Koponen. So they have quite a few young PGs, and just signed a decent vet (Blake). I dont see how all of them will develop if they they latter two (Green, Sergio) dont see the court. They also have a ton of PF depth (Fye, Aldridge, McRoberts, LaFrentz, Outlaw).
Old 07-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

yeah but we dont have much to offer them except more bigs and wings
Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I think they are going to deal Jack and probably a few other players (their roster is way too big right now) for a forward. Guess we could throw 'em Ammo or Dudley but I don't think either are worth losing for a back-up PG.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
Felton in '08
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I'd love to have Yi, but CLT probably has less of an Asian population than Milwaukee. I can't see the Chinese National Team being thrilled with a trade like that.
Felton in '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:21 PM   #26
sirfreshness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felton in '08
I'd love to have Yi, but CLT probably has less of an Asian population than Milwaukee. I can't see the Chinese National Team being thrilled with a trade like that.

but the last statement they made was that they "wanted him to go somewhere where he will be able to develop and get a starting job" we offer exactly that. Of course when they said that they really meant he wanted to go to a warm city with a large Asian population.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:26 PM   #27
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I really don't see Yi fitting in at all. He seems to be a 7 foot wingman. I read somewhere that the Chinese team forces all of their players to be consistent 3-pt shooters save Yao.

But I agree with onewickedlady in that we are going to have to make some kind of move to put us back in the playoff race after this KG trade. I really can't wait to see what happens in the 'Meka v KG battle under the basket. Both guys are beasts on the boards and defensively.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 PM   #28
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Well if Yi wants a warm city with a large Asian population then Atlanta would be his city. But if he came to NC, well, someone would have to open some good Chinese restaurants. That's one thing that I miss (among many things) about being back home in L.A.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #29
sirfreshness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I really don't see Yi fitting in at all. He seems to be a 7 foot wingman. I read somewhere that the Chinese team forces all of their players to be consistent 3-pt shooters save Yao.

Thats a common misconception, Yi only shot 3 threes last year, he does play face up out to 18 feet though. I would compare his offensive arsenal to what KG brings even though Yi is still very raw. KG isnt a traditional post 7 footer, he has a nice array of turn arounds, semi-hooks, and a great 18 footer. Yi provides that plus he is an exceptional free throw shooter. Yi rarely plays beyond 18 feet.

Also add Joel Freeland to the list of PFs owned by the Blazers, they all cant be in the long term mix.

Last edited by sirfreshness : 07-31-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

18 feet is a far ways away for a guy we'd want to play PF. We'd be leaving 'Meka all by himself under the basket tryin' gobble up rebounds.

And I really hate the KG-Yi comparison. In my mind, the only similarities are height and the fact that their "names" are both only 2 letters. But KG is a fierce player who should be a shoo-in for the HOF (averaged a double-double for the last 9 years, avg 17+ ppg every season except his rookie year). Yi doesn't seem to be nearly strong enough to give a team the rebounding ability KG has. And apparently Yi isn't much of a shot blocker, which is something KG does decently well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: