Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default LeBron has always needed 2 Superstars to win, Kobe and Curry needed 0

LeBron needed two superstars to win

Kobe won back to back with 0 superstars

Curry won in 2015 with 0 superstars as well

Default Re: LeBron has always needed 2 Superstars to win, Kobe and Curry needed 0

...Shaq?

Default Re: LeBron has always needed 2 Superstars to win, Kobe and Curry needed 0

Kemba Walker is a superstar by OP's logic

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

So 2016 Kevin Love was a superstar, but 2009/2010 Pau Gasol was not?

2009 and 2010 Gasol was better than 2013 playoffs Wade and Bosh. Curry didn't even win FMVP for his title.

LeBron needed two superstars.

Curry needed two injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kemba Walker is a superstar by OP's logic
    And Kemba Walker is Kyrie Irving to your logic...

Can you take your trolling to another thread please? We are trying to discuss bball here.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Even ignoring that your topic is a joke when the premise is that guys playing like role players are superstars because they used to play like it and are therefore more substantial than mere all stars who at the time...outplayed the supposed superstars....

The same topic is literally the one next to this one on the first page. I realize Lebron winning again...bugs some...but you dont need to keep making stupid topics on it. And if you must...if you really reeeeeeeeeeeally must...get a stupid topic out?

Make a new stupid topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    So 2016 Kevin Love was a superstar, but 2009/2010 Pau Gasol was not?
    Pau Gasol has NEVER been a superstar.

Kevin Love was a superstar in 2014, he continued to have superstar potential in 2015 and 2016, but his production was limited through LeBron ball. Kevin Love did not stop being a superstar however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Even ignoring that your topic is a joke when the premise is that guys playing like role players are superstars because they used to play like it and are therefore more substantial than mere all stars who at the time...outplayed the supposed superstars....

The same topic is literally the one next to this one on the first page. I realize Lebron winning again...bugs some...but you dont need to keep making stupid topics on it. And if you must...if you really reeeeeeeeeeeally must...get a stupid topic out?

Make a new stupid topic.
    Let's clarify something here

Kevin Love plays like a Superstar in 2014

In 2015 Kevin Love joins LeBron and his effectiveness is reduced

So did Kevin Love just fall off a cliff in 2015 or did it have something to do with playing with LeBron? Does Love having his statistical output lowered make it so that he is still not a superstar talent?

And Kemba Walker is Kyrie Irving to your logic...

Can you take your trolling to another thread please? We are trying to discuss bball here.
    Kyrie is clearly better than Kemba, you moron. I said Kemba and 2014 Kyrie put up nearly identical stats. That's a goddamn fact, you can't twist that one

I could easily turn your own BS around on you and claim that Kyrie wasn't a superstar (he still isn't but I'm guessing he will become one next year or the year after) until LeBron mentored him.

Explain why Irving and Love are superstars but not Green and Thompson.

National High School Star

Oh... you talking about the FMVP Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kyrie is clearly better than Kemba, you moron. I said Kemba and 2014 Kyrie put up nearly identical stats. That's a goddamn fact, you can't twist that one

I could easily turn your own BS around on you and claim that Kyrie wasn't a superstar (he still isn't but I'm guessing he will become one next year or the year after) until LeBron mentored him.
    Kyrie Irving was only 21 years old in 2014..

23 year old players are a lot better than 21 year old players

Kevin Love was 25 years old in 2014 and entering his prime

Kevin Love was 27 years old in 2016 and in his mid prime

Could you please stop turning this into some sort of troll thread? Thanks.

Kyrie Irving was only 21 years old in 2014..

23 year old players are a lot better than 21 year old players

Kevin Love was 25 years old in 2014 and entering his prime

Kevin Love was 27 years old in 2016 and in his mid prime

Could you please stop turning this into some sort of troll thread? Thanks.
    I'm not using Love for this argument, because he did in fact put up superstar numbers. Whether or not he was a superstar is debatable, but he at least has stats to make that argument. I don't care how old Kyrie was, that's irrelevant as to whether he was a superstar or not. You don't get bonus points for being younger.