Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Could Zion be the next Anthony Bennett?

Anthony Bennet wasnt even close to almost being halfway comparable to Zion as an athlete. Two people being the same race and stocky doesnt make them similar. Bennet was taller but still 30 pounds smaller and not out here able to high 5 the statue of liberty.

This is like comparing Tristian Thompson to Shawn Kemp because they are both about 6'10'' 240. Thompson is a good athlete as Anthony was but theres quite a difference between "Good" and 50 year old scouts saying they have never seen anything like this.

Bennett wasnt even a highly regarded guy coming out. The Cavs were the only team that thought he was anything.

This is other GMs on him....

“I had Bennett ninth on my board (before the 2013 NBA Draft),” one NBA executive said. “I was shocked the Cavs took him at one. But having said that, I’m even more shocked he’s out of the league. I didn’t think that would ever happen. I said to myself at the time, ‘that’s a bad pick, but he’ll probably be a solid sixth man or fifth starter.’ Not, ‘that’s a bad pick, this dude will be out of the league.’”

“As they were getting down to the end, I think (Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant) wanted to find a reason for him to be the guy,” another NBA executive said. “There wasn’t an obvious choice among the other guys. It wasn’t a great draft. They were always going to have to talk themselves into a guy they knew had flaws.”

In the end, they trusted their scouting department and chose Bennett. It was still a surprise not only to the basketball world, but also to Bennett himself that he was selected first.

“I’m just as surprised as everybody else,” Bennett said on draft night. “I had no idea. When they said my name, that’s when I knew.”

“I had him 10th or 11th (on my board),”

“It was definitely surprising to most people that he went No. 1, but I talked to a lot of people around the league and felt consensus was fifth to tenth. Typically, that’s still an NBA player. Obviously though, that was wrong.”

David Griffin on Anthony Bennett: "His whole life, he rolled out of bed bigger, better, and more talented than everybody else. As soon as it was hard, it was over. I'm the one who got sold the bill of goods and I bought it hook, line, and sinker. You **** up sometimes."

He was a lazy piece of shit:

Which nobody says about Zion.

Theres a lot more reason to compare him to Larry Johnson or Blake than to even mention Bennetts name. They have nothing in common but being black and stocky.

If Zion is a bust it wont be for the reason Bennett was and it will be a bust in that "Not a #1 pick" kinda way like Joe Smith or Kenyon Martin who was still a good player.

Zions physical tools alone wont allow him to not be in the NBA if he so much as agrees to run hard on fast breaks.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

OP just became the anthony bennet of ISH with this thread

You're fired. Turn in your uniform and gather your belongings. NOW.

Very good NBA starter

When are Blake comparisons a bad choice? He's literally Blake and Larry Johnson mix. You get that as a number one pick and you're happy.

Anthony Bennett is a slap in the face to his natural talent. So is Draymond. Draymond only passes better. Zion will be able to score 17-18PPG based off hustle and soft touch as a finisher.

Could Zion be the next Anthony Bennett?
    Jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha
    Zion has the "It" factor. It's more than his weight and athleticism. The guy plays the right way. His enthusiasm is infectious, his hustle and defensive energy, admirable. He seems like a great teammate. I haven't yet seen a hint of arrogance or entitlement (at least on college level, looked like he could be a bit of a bully in high school, but that' to be expected of a young kid).

He seems capable of rising to the occasion and coming through huge in the clutch in the biggest moments of the biggest games. Yes, free throws and jump shooting need lots of work, but the foundation is there.

He's highly skilled. People who think he doesn't have phenomenal ballhandling skills for a player his size need to get their eyes checked. His passing is pinpoint accurate, and his assists numbers could go way up in the NBA. He doesn't have the longest wingspan, but his size, determination and explosiveness will make him a very good/great rebounder in the NBA. His footwork is still raw, but his size and quickness in the post still will net him points in the NBA. Once he refines his game down there a bit more, he'll be a beast.

But what perhaps impresses me most is his fluidity. The man has great driving skills, and changes directions and shots in the air in ways that are Jordanesque. (and no, he's not at Jordan's level there, no one is with Kobe as a possible exception). But he has the ability to be extremely creative in the air and to change and move his body in the air that belies his size.

I can't "guarantee" this guy will be a star, but he's got my radar buzzing. He could be the next truly great transformative NBA star.
    This x1000.

People disregard his skill because he is one of the best athletes basketball has ever seen. Great court awareness, fluid, good vision, willing passer, elite anticipation (blocks, steals), absolutely elite ability to adjust during his drive/in the air, soft touch, can handle the ball, etc. The only real weakness of his is his shooting but there is at least some skill there.

This will be fun to bump in a year or two's time.

He is a 100 times hungrier than Blake. And lol at Anthony Bennett. Please do not mention him in the same sentence as Zion EVAR again

Local High School Star

he reminds me of julius randle on steroids.

i watchet "top 10 plays of the season" and its all basically breakaway dunks and little to nothing actual basketball.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    He is a 100 times hungrier than Blake.
    I don't know about that. Blake has always played hungry. Don't let that sleepy face fool you. Dude has been a beast all season. And since we're comparing him to a college kid, um, did you watch Blake at Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    There's a huge difference between Anthony Bennet and LeBron James you mouth breathing retard. He's going to be somewhere in between, obviously.
    Sounds like you can see into the future. Would you mind sharing next week's winning lottery numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

He was a lazy piece of shit:

Holy crap this is bad And didn't it take Bennett like 30 games to score in double digit figures. I don't want to Google it but i'm sure someone knows this info off the top.

Edit: I had to look it up, it was 33 games. Took this fat, lazy piece of shit 33 NBA games to score more than 9 points in his rookie year

National High School Star

OP sitting here watching his height and weight, and not games that he's playing. Zion will do what it takes, we've already seen this in college. The only thing that is gonna stop this kid is injuries, and no-one hopes for those.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    OP just became the anthony bennet of ISH with this thread

You're fired. Turn in your uniform and gather your belongings. NOW.

Jackson Frank

@jackfrank_jjf
    Following Following @jackfrank_jjf
    More
    Zion Williamson's Synergy profile remains a thing of beauty

No skill Zion

[COLOR=Teal]He could become the modern day Derrick Coleman, his ceiling is so high that having merely a decent career would be a disappointment.[/COLOR]