Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default who else is part of the "lakers will dominate the regular season and playoffs" club

who here is not part of the politically correct

make your absurd prediction here

mine =
    65-17 regular season
    16-4 playoffs

4-0 first round vs mavs
    4-0 second round vs clippers
    4-2 third round vs okc
    4-2 finals vs chicago ( yes chicago )

miami will be high off their title and not take it as seriously. bulls will be healthy come playoff time and be hungry

Default Re: who else is part of the "lakers will dominate the regular season and playoffs" club

Banned

Default Re: who else is part of the "lakers will dominate the regular season and playoffs" club

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    i guess you're part of the "miami and okc are the team to beat. we're only good on paper. until LA plays their first game together they could end up being horrible" club

I am but, don't wanna disrespect the champs, like they did the Lakers in in 09 & 10

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    I am but, don't wanna disrespect the champs, like they did the Lakers in in 09 & 10
    well all i know is

when ray/kg/pierce got together... they won the title their first year

when lebron/bosh/wade teamed up... they won the title their second year

kobe/pau/nash/howard/jamison/artest > both of those teams

so i expect more out of them. atleast 2 back to back. if they dont do it i'l be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i guess you're part of the "miami and okc are the team to beat. we're only good on paper. until LA plays their first game together they could end up being horrible" club

Naaaaah, Lakers could end up being dominate to the point where nobody can beat them, they could also end up being pretty average. They will be at the very least in the top3 teams in the league but are they definitly going to win? No, As of right now i would still pick Miami over them, OKC i feel is pretty much on par with them. We will see

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

They won't dominate the regular season, they're too old and too smart to work that hard. If they sort out the chemistry and make it to the playoffs healthy it could get ugly for the rest of the league.

When you look at that starting five the thought of them hitting their stride going into the playoffs is too much.

I'm most exited to see Nash in the clutch gonna be hard to kill this team if the game is close

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    They won't dominate the regular season, they're too old and too smart to work that hard. If they sort out the chemistry and make it to the playoffs healthy it could get ugly for the rest of the league.

When you look at that starting five the thought of them hitting their stride going into the playoffs is too much.
    what ive learned is that a top 1-2 confrence seed is needed to win a title

so maybe they dont go for 72... but believe me. theyel go for the 1st seed

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

63-19

4-0 against Nuggets
    4-1 against Mavs
    4-2 against Spurs

4-2 against Miami Heat
    Last edited by TheeBeast; 08-25-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad

I want to be, but i don't want it to backfire on me if i do predict they'll dominate so i'll chill lol. I don't think there will be as much chemistry issues as people think though. The biggest thing would be getting down the princeton offense.

Check this out. http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-on-the-lakers

There's specific videos down there on how it'll help dwight and pau, nash, and kobe separately. i like that kobe will still have opportunities in the post.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

59 wins
    Lose in 7 to OKC
    The fact that you have Chicago there is so incredibly lol worthy

Banned

mine =
    65-17 regular season
    16-4 playoffs

4-0 first round vs mavs
    4-2 third round vs okc

miami will be high off their title and not take it as seriously. bulls will be healthy come playoff time and be hungry
    Even with a healthy team people forget Chicago didn't seem to take this offseason seriously.

They lost Watson to the Nets, but adequately replaced him with Teague (Hinrich startinG)
    Lost Brewer to Knicks - Robinson as his back up da fuq?!
    Korver for money to Hawks - Butler will do well
    Asik to rockets, now Mahimi, not all that bad

Teague/Robinson/Butler/Gibson/Mahimi is not close to how good their bench was last year.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

mine =
    65-17 regular season
    16-4 playoffs

4-0 first round vs mavs
    4-2 third round vs okc

Lebron got a taste in 2011 and came back stronger in 2012. He know knows what it takes to come out on top. Plus Wade i'm sure is eager to contribute stronger than he did last season. Plus the addition of Ray who complements the team perfectly and is a seasoned get it done veteran.

Lakers on paper are a much improved team and will be a top contender but you're dreaming if you think Lebron and company quenched their thirst with one ship. Keep sleeping bro.

Reg: 58-24
    Playoffs: lose in semis

champs: HEAT repeats