Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do Americans continue to buy shit beers?

I haven't drank a cheap beer in a very long time. I think the most generic I go would be blue moons or shock top.

I will not drink Budweiser. It doesn't taste very good to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

op is too low class to go to the nice areas of America

College star

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    op is too low class to go to the nice areas of America

I dont buy tickets son... but if you've read anything i've written you'd have a clue. I even lived in palo alto before doing a gig for stanford.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Doesnt taste very good to me either. But when someone spends their hard earned money on a 6 pack after work and comes over and hands it to me....am I supposed to throw it away or have a beer with my friend and chill?

I rarely by the same beer twice because I like to try something new. I buy 2-3 six packs ive never had every NFL sunday and we drink and watch the games....

Someone else might have a pack of bud light....and we drink it when the rest is gone. They dont even think its good.....so much as...its cheap and plentiful.

What do you guys consider good beer? I sometimes drink dos equis, bud light, other random stuff. Recommend some good beers worth trying.

Btw - I like moderate stuff, nothing very strong. I cannot get drunk due to blood pressure med, but a couple beers are fine.

If you ain't a fan of your local beer, you suck, how come supporting your local sport teams is obligatory but not when it comes to beer? And it's not even about being a snob, beer brewed for mass production is just bad beer and should be avoided if possible.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

something I've always wanted to say to local musicians and such complaining about the lack of local support...

nobody owes anybody shit because they happen to live somewhere near them.

support is earned. You don't just get it because you're a couple of zip codes over.

I support what I like. If I stumble over your product and like it I'll buy more of it later. I'm not going to go out of my way to find it without evidence it's any better than another product just as easy to find or more so.

you and I living in the same city doesn't make your product good. and it doesn't move it to the front of any line.

I'm not buying a product because the people who make it live in my state anymore than I'm buying a product because someone black owns the company.

eventually great products speak for themselves. I don't owe anybody a pity buy because of some superficial similarities in our background.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    something I've always wanted to say to local musicians and such complaining about the lack of local support...

nobody owes anybody shit because they happen to live somewhere near them.

support is earned. You don't just get it because you're a couple of zip codes over.

I support what I like. If I stumble over your product and like it I'll buy more of it later. I'm not going to go out of my way to find it without evidence it's any better than another product just as easy to find or more so.

you and I living in the same city doesn't make your product good. and it doesn't move it to the front of any line.

I'm not buying a product because the people who make it live in my state anymore than I'm buying a product because someone black owns the company.

eventually great products speak for themselves. I don't owe anybody a pity buy because of some superficial similarities in our background.
    Stop your damn passive aggressive hissy fit you are a grown man, the point is that local brewed beer, especially if it's a family brewery, is better than any mass produced beer. You'd know that if you had ever brewed your own beer or tried someone's home brewed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    I know there's this huge trend for microbreweries now, SD, Colorado and Portland being the capitals but what the fck.... every time i go back to the states like now, it's complete garbage.

I'm here in Fl right now and the only decent brewery is cigar city...
    Because you're in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    It's cheap as hell and people just want to get drunk... The alcohol is the same

I mean that's like asking "why do Americans eat fast food?"... It's cheap and cures their hunger

Who cares what other people eat and drink though... If you like quality ingredients then consume them ffs
    Here's the thing, even among cheap beers there's some better ones. PBR is a nice drinkable beer and it's cheap.

Rolling Rock is much better than Budweiser. The thing with college kids and Natural Light is they are often new drinkers who don't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Because you're in Florida.
    KevinNYCuck strikes with another zinger

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    KevinNYCuck strikes with another zinger
    A. Go****yourself.

B. Florida is not known for variety of beers. The "specialty" beer I saw in Miami was Jimmy Buffet's.

What's the good beer in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    It's more about how all the big U.S beers taste horrible whereas if you go to other countries like Japan, nearly anywhere in Europe, Australia, Mexico, some parts of south america etc you find cheap domestic beers that taste decent and people seem fine with that. A lot of people seem to like the crappy beer and it's not just the dirt cheap beers in america that suck either it's nearly all the major labels

You are aware that Budweiser is owned by Inbev, a Belgian company right?

NBA Superstar

USA makes some of the best and some of the worst beer.

Cannot pigeon hole the country's beer.

Beer snobs can kiss my ass, sometimes I want an overhopped IPA, sometimes I want a plssy lager, and other times I want something in the middle.

Depends on the mood.

USA offers every type...God bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    A. Go****yourself.

B. Florida is not known for variety of beers. The "specialty" beer I saw in Miami was Jimmy Buffet's.

What's the good beer in Florida?
    lol you come in here acting like a pompous ass and get pissy when ppl tell you you're an insufferable cvnt in every thread you're in

in general for america, decent ipas are easier to find

my all purpose choice would be this though